WTB: XD cassette

The new wheelset has an XD driver. Anybody have an XD cassette for sale?

Would love to find a garbaruk or e13. Looking for 10-46 or 9-46, but open to ideas. Trying to keep cost around $100.

Alternatively, would consider a Reynolds Shimano freehub body, but I have a feeling that's a little harder to find.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I've got a 10-42 in the parts bin. Low miles before pulling it and replacing with Eagle.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Still looking. The Sunrace is a good option, but hoping somebody has something like jm2e mentioned in his post that didn't work out.

Thanks!

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Long shot:

Are Reynolds freehub drivers compatible with Sunringle hub parts? They're the same parent company. If they are I have the Shimano driver from a set of Sunringle SRC hubs you can have.

Dan,

that is really kind of you. I have no idea whether they are compatible or not. The pictures that I can find online shows similarities, but it's hard to tell if they are identical or not. The pawl design is certainly different - looks like the Reynolds are about twice as thick as each Sunringle, but the Sunringles have two rows so. . . maybe would work? I may try to give Reynolds a call tomorrow unless somebody else can weigh in definitively...

SethClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Freehub.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	529.1 KB 
ID:	298616

Pretty good hunch that they wouldn’t be compatible. Hayes only recently acquired Reynolds, probably not long enough to for any product blending like that.
    Also, those pictures show significant differences.
    The diameter, shape and pawl capture angles of the hub shells will be quite different .

Nice offer from Dan, but I wouldn’t bother.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Since I'm hella connected, I asked one of Hayes' mechanics. Joe's right, no dice.

ETA: I have the Sunringle Shimano driver because Sunringle includes Shimano and XD drivers with their rear wheels. I thought that was kinda cool.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 10-21-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks Dan.

Anybody have any promo codes for Jenson, Universal Cycles, etc. floating around?

Seth

Universal:
    CatLitter10: 10% off orders over $100
    CatLitter15: 15% off orders over $300

lots of exclusions though

I don't have a current Jenson one, but you can call a "gear advisor" to get one if you're a regular customer.
    Going through active junky will get you cash back at Jenson as well.

Hey Seth, don't replace that freehub, it's the upgraded one and is significantly better than the stock Reynolds hub that came with the TR309 wheelset.

Shoot me a PM, I can give you a code that will help offset the cost of a new cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Since I'm hella connected, I asked one of Hayes' mechanics. Joe's right, no dice.

ETA: I have the Sunringle Shimano driver because Sunringle includes Shimano and XD drivers with their rear wheels. I thought that was kinda cool.
    Including microspline as an option?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Including microspline as an option?
    Just standard Shimano, but I got those wheels in June before Shimano opened up the Microspline licensing. I have no idea if Sunringle have acquired or are attempting to acquire a Microspline license, or if they'll include one in the package if/when they start making Microspline drivers.

Figured as much, just thought I’d ask.
    Always good to know about options.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident