Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Culiacan!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    TLDR

    Mexican security forces caught a couple of El Chapos hijos. Rumors afloat they were killed. Cartel forces going after all the families of those involved in capture. Prisoners broken out, causing mayhem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,663
    What's the all-inclusive scene like around there?
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    Cheap. Your dollar goes a long way.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,788
    Everything you need to know about Cartel violence at this website. It's fucking crazy. Civil war basically. Mexico is a failed state and the citizens are paying a huge price. Tragic.

    http://www.borderlandbeat.com/?m=1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    I read the Don Winslow trilogy, so I am seeing this with different eyes than I had. Kind of gives a vividness to this reality.

    Fucking awful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,567
    But they make cheap cars!

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What's the all-inclusive scene like around there?
    You hang out at Chapo approved hotels and buy drugs from Chapo's people that the cops protect and you're protected cause you're contributing. My buddy was telling me they asked a cabbie for the roca de la coca so dude drives to a place and the guards were cops giving them the nod to come on in and score. So they did. Cabbie says "Chapo protects his people and clients." Not sure these guys were in Culiacan, but in the hood.

    NYT - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/w...gtype=Homepage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I read the Don Winslow trilogy, so I am seeing this with different eyes than I had. Kind of gives a vividness to this reality.

    Fucking awful.
    Yeah I read those books too. Riveting and horrifying. Really makes you feel bad for the people of Mexico having to endure such chaos and violence. Gonna be a whole generation of PTSD kids.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah I read those books too. Riveting and horrifying. Really makes you feel bad for the people of Mexico having to endure such chaos and violence. Gonna be a whole generation of PTSD kids.
    Which is perfect for the cartels. Grow up numbed by all that violence makes it easier to be a heartless killer. Steady stream of " good employees".

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    10,413
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Everything you need to know about Cartel violence at this website. It's fucking crazy. Civil war basically. Mexico is a failed state and the citizens are paying a huge price. Tragic.

    http://www.borderlandbeat.com/?m=1

    Shit bro, we're fueling it all... But those fucking hills have always been New Jack. Them Indians carved up Conquistadors like they were priests or goats. Then banditos and Federales, until the bandits got the upper hand and bought the Federales...Some good breaks all the way down that coast tho.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,476
    If there were only a way to regulate these drugs and tax them for our own benefit.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    561
    The stunt worked. Government decided it wasn't worth it and let Chapo Jr go.
    Fucking crazy

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    Yeah, it's a wild frontier and so many people are dying down there and it is barely making a ripple in news in the country with the appetite to fuel this violence. And when you have nothing, you'll do anything to get something and often just to avoid being killed along with your family. Just trying to wrap my head around having that be the norm in one's life.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,663
    I'm assuming this will be the storyline for the next season of Narcos?
    I still call it The Jake.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,151
    Shocking if true! Just kidding, this shit ain't shocking in the least, rather expected:

    Alternative NOAA
    @altNOAA
    21m
    I just talked with a well informed source about the cartel violence yesterday and get some info. El Chapo had a partner named "El Mayo". He's the last of the "old guard" drug lords. Chapo also has several sons. El Mayo and Chapo's sons are at war fighting for control of cartel.

    It is thought by US law enforcement that El Mayo has the Mexican President on his payroll (so to speak) and all the violence yesterday, all the civilians killed in the streets was the result of El Mayo sending El Chapo's son a message of "don't fuck with me". More blood expected.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,395
    Geez, I wonder where they get all the guns?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,319
    American gun factory cartel. HooRah!! And they pay in cash.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    If there were only a way to regulate these drugs and tax them for our own benefit.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Queen City North Carolina
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Geez, I wonder where they get all the guns?
    If we’re going to be honest here, they get guns from America, more than likely companies imported from turkey, Italy, Switzerland and USA companies. Even Japan makes guns for browning. They are Fueled with dollars from Americans mostly wanting to have access to cheap weed, cocaine and cheap labor. My understanding is cartels make almost as much off of human trafficking now. So yes even the border crisis is profitable for all the wrong reasons.
    It’s nice to think our actions don’t have consequences and we can blame just the gun industry, but even when a bunch of peace loving hippies gather at a widespread panic concert, more than likely their “connection” is kicking money back to sinola cartel at some point.
    Like most situations it’s the rank and file citizen of Mexico who are paying the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,102
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    If we’re going to be honest here, they get guns from America, more than likely companies imported from turkey, Italy, Switzerland and USA companies. Even Japan makes guns for browning. They are Fueled with dollars from Americans mostly wanting to have access to cheap weed, cocaine and cheap labor. My understanding is cartels make almost as much off of human trafficking now. So yes even the border crisis is profitable for all the wrong reasons.
    It’s nice to think our actions don’t have consequences and we can blame just the gun industry, but even when a bunch of peace loving hippies gather at a widespread panic concert, more than likely their “connection” is kicking money back to sinola cartel at some point.
    Like most situations it’s the rank and file citizen of Mexico who are paying the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought this was a decent article about it
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...g-ring-866836/

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    If we’re going to be honest here, they get guns from America, more than likely companies imported from turkey, Italy, Switzerland and USA companies. Even Japan makes guns for browning. They are Fueled with dollars from Americans mostly wanting to have access to cheap weed, cocaine and cheap labor. My understanding is cartels make almost as much off of human trafficking now. So yes even the border crisis is profitable for all the wrong reasons.
    It’s nice to think our actions don’t have consequences and we can blame just the gun industry, but even when a bunch of peace loving hippies gather at a widespread panic concert, more than likely their “connection” is kicking money back to sinola cartel at some point.
    Like most situations it’s the rank and file citizen of Mexico who are paying the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s like that across all of Central America. Even in Costa Rica there are smuggling routes and you either look the other way or are killed.

    They neither consume or produce the drugs. We have no idea the mayhem we create.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    If there were only a way to regulate these drugs and tax them for our own benefit.
    I think the govt approving adderall was an experiment to see if Americans really liked methamphetamine.
    Ya know, for future reference...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,567
    I was just looking at pictures of the aftermath of that incident, and, wtf with all the burning cars? What kind of weapons are involved here that can do so much damage? For fucks sake.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,476
    Belt fed LMGs and rocket launchers. All the good stuff.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3wEu5LD...qWQJvDZiC5TM0/
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •