Nice man bun.

I can see your ankles

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

"you have a good sense of humor"

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood Jenkins View Post
    Point taken. Hobble is my word.
    Or perhaps "saddling"?

Both work better than straddling. Straddling is what you do when you...

Ah, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think social media is destructive enough across all age groups. Old fucks sure aren't immune from it.
    No doubt but i feel it's different with many younger people, it's more central to who they feel they are for many of them whereas for old fucks it's how they confirm who they already are. It's a different thing, to me at least.

I see it in my daughter and her friends all the time, she just turned 26. She pretty much lives on social media, we've been trying to get her to see it. I think the kids younger than millennials have a much better handle on it than the millennials do, a much more skeptical take on it, although my son (24 and just barely not-a-millenial by the common definition) was over for dinner last night (neither of them live in the house) and he was complaining about his own friends' absorption in social media, saying that they just retreat into it instead of dealing with the world, that they lack passion because they just fade off into snapchat or instagram or whatever when things get rocky instead of fighting back or even thinking about it.

He's a passionate kid and he wants to change things but he can't even find many people his own age who care. He bailed from fb several years ago, nuked his insta a while back and recently got rid of snapchat so he's atypical for sure. Last night he said he's decided to quit smoking weed too, after smoking basically every day since high school. So yeah I dunno. I wouldn't take such a radical step myself that's for sure.

These kids today, I tells ya.

^nice post. it made me smile

tell your son an internet friend is working at two brothers every once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No doubt but i feel it's different with many younger people, it's more central to who they feel they are for many of them whereas for old fucks it's how they confirm who they already are. It's a different thing, to me at least.

I see it in my daughter and her friends all the time, she just turned 26. She pretty much lives on social media, we've been trying to get her to see it. I think the kids younger than millennials have a much better handle on it than the millennials do, a much more skeptical take on it, although my son (24 and just barely not-a-millenial by the common definition) was over for dinner last night (neither of them live in the house) and he was complaining about his own friends' absorption in social media, saying that they just retreat into it instead of dealing with the world, that they lack passion because they just fade off into snapchat or instagram or whatever when things get rocky instead of fighting back or even thinking about it.

He's a passionate kid and he wants to change things but he can't even find many people his own age who care. He bailed from fb several years ago, nuked his insta a while back and recently got rid of snapchat so he's atypical for sure. Last night he said he's decided to quit smoking weed too, after smoking basically every day since high school. So yeah I dunno. I wouldn't take such a radical step myself that's for sure.

These kids today, I tells ya.
    So there’s hope.

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Lol. The all stars from your generation wouldn’t even make the team in modern sports. Millennials are demonstrably better at EVERYTHING than the boomers were. Name one track and field star (the most quantifiable sport) from the 70s that could compete with today’s athletes. You all were slow, weak, and soft.
    You mean like Bob Beamon Long Jump World Record set in 1968, with only one jump (in 1991) ever surpassing that mark?
    I could add more...

I am really impressed at how quickly the millenials went from woke spewing about virtue to selling the fuck out. They definitely outdid in the boomers in that, and for that the deserve a participation trophy. Because, unlike the boomers, they missed out on the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll all they got was a lousy facebook post or twelve and some tumblr pr0n.

re: athletes: It's all nutrition and training anyways. Take the players now and put them back then, they'd be like those guys. Take those guys from back then and put them in the present they'd be like the guys now. Humanity hasn't evolved significantly in ~50 years.

I know a guy who grew up in Pittsfield Mass., and he would only buy shoes in the winter because Mark Belanger (Orioles SS, 8x gold gloves, all star, 18years in MLB) worked in the shoe store all winter and he idolized Belanger. You think pro athletes sell shoes in the off season now? No they train.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The newer generations, for better or worse, have grown up with the internet. It shouldn't be a surprise that there is a higher rate of tech-savvy people among them.

The Nigerian Prince scam is one example I can think of.
    BTC? ICOs? Fyre Festival? No generation is immune to dumb scams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You mean like Bob Beamon Long Jump World Record set in 1968, with only one jump (in 1991) ever surpassing that mark?
    I could add more...
    Edwin Moses is a great example. The guy who finally broke his 400 meter hurdle world record, Kevin Young, did it in 1992 (and was born in 1966). No one has touched it since. In fact I think that if you look at who has the world records in track, the majority are NOT millennials.

It's all nutrition and training anyways. Take the players now and put them back then, they'd be like those guys. Take those guys from back then and put them in the present they'd be like the guys now. Humanity hasn't evolved significantly in ~50 years.
    Medical care too - think of how much better Mickey Mantles career might have been with decent knee care after his ACL tear in '51. Or Bart Starr with better back care (only half ignoring the brutal hazing thing that caused the back injury and wouldn't happen now)

No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Edwin Moses is a great example. The guy who finally broke his 400 meter hurdle world record, Kevin Young, did it in 1992 (and was born in 1966). No one has touched it since.
    There's a perfectly valid explanation for that: there's no money to be made or fame to be achieved by setting a new world record in the 400m hurdles. Why destroy you body by age 35 through gratuitous training and PED use if you can't retire by the time you're 40?

Gotta build a personal brand or land a sweet sponsorship. Long jump isn't gonna get ya there.

Fuck me, I wish most of my peers had never been born. Humanity is just top to bottom, side to side reprehensible.

re: athletes: It's all nutrition and training anyways. Take the players now and put them back then, they'd be like those guys. Take those guys from back then and put them in the present they'd be like the guys now. Humanity hasn't evolved significantly in ~50 years.

I know a guy who grew up in Pittsfield Mass., and he would only buy shoes in the winter because Mark Belanger (Orioles SS, 8x gold gloves, all star, 18years in MLB) worked in the shoe store all winter and he idolized Belanger. You think pro athletes sell shoes in the off season now? No they train.
    You stand corrected sir, 3 touchdowns in one game, Polk High.

Name:  IMG_4976.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  16.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4977.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  66.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4978.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  83.2 KB

Long off-season for Mr. Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You stand corrected sir, 3 touchdowns in one game, Polk High.

Name:  IMG_4976.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  16.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4977.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  66.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4978.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  83.2 KB

I miss the days of that sort of humor being commonplace.

I'm going to go laugh until I piss my pants listening to Eddie Murphy Raw, then I'll weep for the soul crushing pussyfooting that my generation has forced upon us all.

One of my favorites is that Richie Hebner was a gravedigger in the off-season.

wow, you've been at the same job for 5 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I miss the days of that sort of humor being commonplace.

I'm going to go laugh until I piss my pants listening to Eddie Murphy Raw, then I'll weep for the soul crushing pussyfooting that my generation has forced upon us all.
    I went into a MWC rabbit hole finding those pics. God dam that show was funny but everyone is too sensitive now. I even started my own No Maam club in high school, shirts and all. Christ, couldn’t even imagine All in The Family on the social warriors today.

We are moving backwards as a society.

I went into a MWC rabbit hole finding those pics. God dam that show was funny but everyone is too sensitive now. I even started my own No Maam club in high school, shirts and all. Christ, couldn’t even imagine All in The Family on the social warriors today.

Yeah, it's really too bad you can't be a priviledged white male anymore without getting called out on your racism and sexism. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Yeah, it's really too bad you can't be a priviledged white male anymore without getting called out on your racism and sexism. Those were the days.
    I feel your pain bro

We should drink a beer sometime and commiserate about people getting off of our lawns. I'm only ~65% of the asshole I am on here in real life.

I feel your pain bro

You were the one pissing and moaning, cupcake. I was just pointing out the irony. Have a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    You were the one pissing and moaning, cupcake. I was just pointing out the irony. Have a good weekend.
    Whelp. We triggered another one.

Whose next?