Lookin for advise for fat tire/E-skizee mod

Call me crazy....what about this concept for eliminating calorie burn on ski touring approaches up sled packed logging roads and/or low angle groomers at a ski hill?

Wonder what wheel size would work best? Bigger radius for larger tire contact patch or smaller for increased power/torque/lighter weight/real world utility?

Fat bike tire, 1500 watt hub drive motor, tire studded with machine screws, e power, carry battery in/on da backpack.

Use the system for the uphill approach, ditch it at start of the true ski touring zone.

Strap it all to outside of the pack for the deproach...a bit weighty but ... it's all downhill from there.

The full epower bike i tested this summer using the 1500w motor could do about 60km/hr on flats and could last 22 minutes per batt charge at full power. going up low to moderate grade uphills, could sustain 20-30kms/hr.

The photos show the basic concept only...obviously something fancy would have to be fabricated for real world usage.

Thinkin the ski poles could be used as levers to modulate the downward pressure of the wheel for optimum contact patch grip/pressure....or maybe a light frame could be constructed to contact butt/lower back for body weight modulated pressure?

And yeah, i know the gas powered skizee is out there...just thinkin' it'd be cool to use existing components from the ebike and use them for this in winter/bike in summer.

Flame away....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110788.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	298196

Name:  P1110786.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  206.1 KB

Name:  P1110787.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  141.7 KB

Master of mediocrity.

The wheel will spin. There's no way you're going to generate enough downforce to travel along anything that's not essentially flat.

The solution you're looking for is called a snowmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The solution you're looking for is called a snowmobile.
    You guys just may be onto something.. *suscribes to thread*
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the future is in personal drones
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think the future is in personal drones
    I'm aiming higher. British Harrier Jet. Smithers to summit of Mount Saint Elias in under an hour for the drop. Ski down and pickup, be home in time for din din.

In the meantime...beer budget. E Skeezee. Dunno about u but my high speed quads aren't so high speed anymore.
    Master of mediocrity.