Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Or all the people grabbing a few hits waiting in line in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I mostly support it. However I did have an experience in CA when my kid was 2.5 and sound asleep in the car. I needed cash from an ATM for the babysitter and there were zero drive through. I had to wake her up, get her out, carry her, put her back, etc. It screwed up her sleep which of course screwed up our day. Of course we were there for a wedding, so things were fuct already. I ended up doing the liquor shopping with her asleep in one arm/shoulder and pushing a shopping cart full of booze. Some idiots just had to make comments. Fortunately she was a small kid at that age. I would have loved a drive through liquor store at that moment. 1st world problem.
    Driving around with a sleeping kid in the car has been the majority of my drive thru usage in the past few years. My now three year old was a really bad sleeper, so there was lots of aimless driving around at all hours. Being able to just pull through and get a caffeinated beverage at 5 in the morning was much appreciated. There aren't many in my area, but I knew where all of them were.

Other than that, I'm with the people who prefer not to use them and then complain about not getting served when I go inside.

As a sales rep that does most of his eating on work days behind the wheel this bugs me because it actually will make my work day less efficient to some extent but since a forced diet change recently I haven't been stopping at drive thru's very often this year. I know that my town is working on a plan so that when the couple that exist apply for renovation permits they won't be approved to replace the drive thru, they already won't approve a new one for food or banks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Driving around with a sleeping kid in the car has been the majority of my drive thru usage in the past few years. My now three year old was a really bad sleeper, so there was lots of aimless driving around at all hours.
    Kid can sleep in the car but not in bed? Man, kids are weird...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Kid can sleep in the car but not in bed? Man, kids are weird...
    Aren't you a parent? I thought everyone knew that one of the most reliable ways to get a kid to fall asleep was to drive them around for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Aren't you a parent?
    Nope. As I said: kids are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Doesn't bother me except for the kid thing mentioned upthread. Occasionally drive through is nice for that reason. Otherwise, don't really give a shit.
    yea, that was the one nice thing about the CVS with a drive up window. a pharmacy is like 100x worse than any other store for quick stops with a kid

Drive throughs can suck my ass. Sitting there idly and idling (polluting) while I stroll in and get my food before you. And I get exercise.

DTs are big in Maryland. Fucking lazy fuckers.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

When you witness a fucking drive thru soda shop (mormon ‘dirty sodas’) with a line of 15 cars backed out onto the street, blocking a lane....that is when you will embrace burning them all down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Aren't you a parent? I thought everyone knew that one of the most reliable ways to get a kid to fall asleep was to drive them around for a bit.
    duh
    wife and I were at a party the other night and we got totally hammered and the kids were are all wired up sugar so we took the long way home and drove around aimlessly for a half hour to get them to fall asleep

I'm curious if the avg check at a drive thru is less, same, or more than for an in-store sale? I kinda think b/c you don't have all the fancy menu's on the wall and stuff at DT it might be less?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    duh
    wife and I were at a party the other night and we got totally hammered and the kids were are all wired up sugar so we took the long way home and drove around aimlessly for a half hour to get them to fall asleep
    Must have been a big Uber fare eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Must have been a big Uber fare eh?
    naw
    it was one of those hold your hand over one eye to stop the double vision

What about the Drive-Thru Fireworks & Liquor stores in Wyoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    What about the Drive-Thru Fireworks & Liquor stores in Wyoming?
    Winning?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    duh
    This is impressive even by Fred's usual standards.

I love drive thru's. There is a lineup of cars 6 or 7 deep outside and I walk inside where there is no line. I get my food and walk out before the next two cars even get to order theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I love drive thru's. There is a lineup of cars 6 or 7 deep outside and I walk inside where there is no line. I get my food and walk out before the next two cars even get to order theirs.
    You apparently don't visit the same establishments as a few of the earlier posters in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Or all the people grabbing a few hits waiting in line in their cars.
    Bunch a degens from up-country.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

"Cities ban new drive-thrus to fight climate change"

Thoughts?
    Probably the same cities with not enough available parking nearby so folks will not even bother, causing reduced business and related tax revenues which will then be made up for by exorbitant parking tickets to those who think they can get away with running in real quick.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You apparently don't visit the same establishments as a few of the earlier posters in this thread.
    Obviously. They're just not doing it right.

Wow, these cities must be killing it on their CO2 reduction plans to have gotten down to this almost pointless exercise in governance.

I mean, I am in a pretty progressive city with regards to climate change has reduction efforts and the thought of spending staff time on this is baffling.

And yeah, the walk in thing doesn't work here anymore.

Heh, I could take em or leave em. I don't drink the coffee from timmies, so I easily avoid that clusterfuck. The odd time I go to a fast food joint, more often than not for a DQ blizzard, if there is more than 2 vehicles in the line, I pull in and get my take-out. So it's about 50/50. And I shut the vehicle off while waiting for more than a blizzard. But if they weren't available it would not hinder my hedonism for fast food in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Drive throughs can suck my ass. Sitting there idly and idling (polluting) while I stroll in and get my food before you. And I get exercise.
    How many calories you figure you burn walking across the parking lot and standing in line?