"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    THREAD: FS: 191 BILLYGOATS

Deep down we’re all chubby backseat jongs

Your better off posting BSL your area and some stoke. Then demo mag skis

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I just bought some 193 Cochise’s for my first ski as a recommendation from this board. I couldn’t turn them as I’m too backseat and then I rammed myself straight into the lodge. Should I have bought the red ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Deep down we’re all chubby backseat jongs
    you've seen my steeze

Glossary of terms:
    -Weight is x (That's my fighting weight, I'm actually a sloppy 200.)
    -Ski 25 -30 days a year (ski 10 days a year, mostly spent in the bar)
    -Advanced/Expert skier (skids on groomers, can't find the front of boots if life depended on it)
    -Want a ski for steeps and trees (skied a black diamond a whistler once, got within 15 feet of the edge of corbetts)
    -Looking for a ski quick in the bumps (I have no idea how to ski bumps but am hoping a ski will buy me a turn)
    -Want good crud busting ability (I ski in the back seat and am hoping this ski won't make my legs so tired when the snow gets heavy)
    -I want a ski with good float in powder (I have no balance, can I buy a turn?)
    -Also I want a ski I can take touring (I've never been outside the ropeline but Ski Magazine sez that's the hot new thing. )
    -List of Top 10 Ski Magazine picks (I live in New Jersey and go out west once a year)
    -List of Top 10 Blister skis (I moved from New Jersey to Denver and talk a lot about skiing. Also I struggle to decide small personal decisions in my life like cooking breakfast, and need to read a 4 page explanation about it before I commit.)
    -List of Top 10 Powder Mag skis (I moved from California to Seattle and am excited to stand in line at Crystal this winter.)

This is excellent. I'm awarding it a 9/10.

Glossary of terms:
    -Advanced/Expert skier (skids on groomers, can't find the front of boots if life depended on it)
    -Want a ski for steeps and trees (skied a black diamond a whistler once, got within 15 feet of the edge of corbetts)
    -Looking for a ski quick in the bumps (I have no idea how to ski bumps but am hoping a ski will buy me a turn)
    -Want good crud busting ability (I ski in the back seat and am hoping this ski won't make my legs so tired when the snow gets heavy)
    -Also I want a ski I can take touring (I've never been outside the ropeline but Ski Magazine sez that's the hot new thing. )
    -List of Top 10 Ski Magazine picks (I live in New Jersey and go out west once a year)
    -List of Top 10 Blister skis (I moved from New Jersey to Denver and talk a lot about skiing. Also I struggle to decide small personal decisions in my life like cooking breakfast, and need to read a 4 page explanation about it before I commit.)
    -List of Top 10 Powder Mag skis (I moved from California to Seattle and am excited to stand in line at Crystal this winter.)

Were you my last 16 clients? Wait, you're the dude who brought the private chef!!

I'm looking for a ski that lets the ladies know I have a big cock and know how to use it, but I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now..

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

Looking to buy skis by asking advice from strangers on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post
    I'm looking for a ski that lets the ladies know I have a big cock and know how to use it, but I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now..

162 cm slalom skis, in all conditions, including deep powder.

Quote Originally Posted by IkonPassJong View Post
    What are the best skis for traversing? I would like something with really good float because I never like to take the existing track (sometimes they are bumpy and hard to stay in).
    Pontoons or Line EP pro. Excellent float, you’ll never use a traverse again.

138s

Quote Originally Posted by IkonPassJong View Post
    What are the best skis for traversing? I would like something with really good float because I never like to take the existing track (sometimes they are bumpy and hard to stay in).
    Get some Rossi Soul 7’s.....and paint them red. They will rock the traverse.

Legend Pro Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I shall call my new soup creation...Soup 7..
    Make it red soup and you're onto a winner there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Glossary of terms:

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    -Ski style is fast and aggressive, like big turns (due to aforementioned backseat stylie.. can not control speed on advanced terrain, need ski runs that end in mellow runouts, cuz I'm coming in hot!)
    Damn. I resemble these remarks...

162 cm slalom skis, in all conditions, including deep powder.
    I have detuned P30 170's with CAST binders and Nordica 955's with the boot conversion. I have bent poles too..

Close enough?

"Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

I have detuned P30 170's with CAST binders and Nordica 955's with the boot conversion. I have bent poles too..

Close enough?

Only if you wear jeans and have an ikon sticker on your helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I would love to demo a race ski, but, nobody demos race skis. And they're really expensive.
    Benny, go to Yurp. You can demo this season's Race Tigers or Redsters at seemingly every shop.

Any new ski start-up should name it RED Skis. Sell only red skis. Market as the ski for all conditions. Profit.

...I get the not demoing thing because it's a bit of a hassle and demo fleets don't have 185+ sizes if you're into longer skis....
    I don't get not demo-ing. Especially if a Jong has only skied rental skis their whole life, or if they've owned only 1 ski model built in this millennium, then they just need to demo something. Even if none of the available demo skis are "legit candidates" (e.g. too short, etc.), they just need to demo something, ANYTHING---just to start learning how different skis can feel different, which performance factors even exist, etc. Heck, it's even valuable to learn that you HATE a ski you demo-ed.

...If you've been skiing for at least a few years you know what you like in a ski...
    Is that really true for skiers with only ~3 years under their belt? I don't think so. Maybe they've only tried 170cm & 180cm rental skis, and all they've figured out is that a 180cm is harder to swing around than a 170cm.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Any new ski start-up should name it RED Skis. Sell only red skis. Market as the ski for all conditions. Profit.
    This woulda been good info for Jarlybart to have prior to getting involved with Lish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Is that really true for skiers with only ~3 years under their belt? I don't think so. Maybe they've only tried 170cm & 180cm rental skis, and all they've figured out is that a 180cm is harder to swing around than a 170cm.
    You never find the perfect ski, but after 3 years if you're not that into skiing to try and find out what you like, it's probably not the sport for you and TGR isn't your website. Seems most dudes who post in TGR asking questions are stoked enough about skiing to be interested, or just couldn't find the Pugski site. Just kidding Philpug .
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I would love to demo a race ski, but, nobody demos race skis. And they're really expensive.
    Maybe there's a bunch of racers around here getting free skis around here (CDN rockies), but it seems the going rate for race skis with a bit of edge left at ski swaps and consignment is ~$200. That's a pretty cheap way to get your foot in the door. The local masters club seems to have a race ski demo day in March.

I am a jong. I made a thread asking "wHiCH sKIs?" in both tech talk AND ski/snowboard. There's a different way of thinking about skis here and lots of knowledgeable people

Anyone with only 3 years under their belt who really falls in love with the sport is going to progress so fast that the skis they like will change season to season. And maybe faster.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

...after 3 years if you're not that into skiing to try and find out what you like, it's probably not the sport for you and TGR isn't your website...
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Anyone with only 3 years under their belt who really falls in love with the sport is going to progress so fast that the skis they like will change season to season. And maybe faster...
    Oops, My bad. Note to self: Try to remember that my 1980's pre-Blizzard of Ahhhs intermediate skiing experience isn't the same as 2019.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy