Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    From your list:

Line Vision 108 - touring ski. Doesn't sound at all like what you want.
    Line Sick Day 104 - traditional all mountain twin. fair bit of splay at both ends but not a full twin. Good ski for someone who wants to pretend they ski park while actually riding all around the mountain.
    Black Crow Atris 108 - pretty darn close to a true twin.
    Blizzard Rustler 10 - all mountain ski that tries to do it all. decent rocker lines but not huge. short radius with minimal taper. a bit confusing what it's really good at, maybe nothing. maybe it's also not bad at anything? hard to say.
    Armada Tracer 108 - 50/50 ski bordering on touring ski. directional all mountain twin with appealing rocker lines.
    Elan Ripstick black 106 - 50/50 bordering on touring ski with a very traditional shape. minimal rocker and very directional sidecut
    Libtech Wunderstick 106 - fuck libtech's shity shit
    Atomic Backland 107 - pure touring ski. minimal rocker and short radius. very traditional shape. personally, looks like one of the most boring on your list.
    Fischer Ranger 102 - modern all mountain ski. appears to be a pure resort version of the tracer 108 with a shorter turn radius. looks fun actually.
    Liberty Origin 106 - all mountain soft twin with a strong bias to pow.
    Rossi Soul 7 - pinnacle of ski design

As you can see, your list is a bit bi or even tri-polar.

Based on what you've said about yourself, I'd recommend fischer ranger 102 or liberty origin 106.

Outside chance on rustler 10, sick day 104.

It does not sound like you want a touring ski.

I look forward to watching this thread go on for 6 more pages while you try and get more people to do your research for you and continue to ignore them like every other thread like this. Prove me wrong.

Dynastar x106

These likely fit your request and surprisingly handle chopped up snow in the afternoon of 12+” days:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=330157

Good summations of the skis above by nickel and agree the Fisher 102, Atris 108 and Origin 106 would be the most suitable of your list.

Origin 106 most soft snow biased with great float and fun in trees but light weight and rocker profile makes it so so on groomers and in crud/rough terrain.

Atris 108 or even better the Armada ARV106 would be heavier than the Origin(but still not heavy) for better crud performance and still fun in powder.

Fisher 102 FR is the stiffest of the group and best on piste/carving with decent weight through crud but less forgiving in bumps with it’s stiffness.

Enforcer 104 Free -has metal but softer flex than the Fisher 102 so lots of fun in bumps and great through crud as it has weight behind it but never skis heavy. Great on piste as well.

Wildcat 108-Solid underfoot but playful tip/tail. Super easy to pivot in trees and although it’s not heavy, it’s very good for it’s weight in crud. Not as good on piste as the 102FR or 104Free.

Fisher 102FR, Enforcer 104 or Wildcat 108 would be my top 3 to look at.

I worry when he said the Bonafide is to much of a fall line charger. What length did you try?

I'm way older and lighter weight and, even in the 187, that ski is turny and super easy to ski. I owned the 180 several years ago and found it good at lots of stuff but never considered it a "seek the fall line" charger like the 187 XXL or 190 Stormrider Pro or 197 lotus 120 I had at the same time.

I think the OP needs to stay shorter and more nimble. The Soul 7 may actually be a good ski for him! Maybe 184 Wailer 112, 180 Rustler 11 or 179 line supernatural 100.

Also something like Salomon QST 106 that was updated. 2F’s Dynastar X106 is a good call too. Combined with the above recs - you are more than able to get off the ground.
    When demo’ing try to recreate runs on the various skis. Ski varied terrain on each. Take it seriously. Ski by yourself that day. Don’t just turn the ski back in immediately if you’re not grooving. Make sure you’re not after a couple of runs.

Quote Originally Posted by mutorq View Post
    Honestly havent slarved much
    You're gonna get addicted. Don't do it any more, bro, you've seen enough. It'll prolly kill ya.

End this thread / you buy skis now / no more jongthought

You should be embarrassed for being on here since 2009 and only having 15 posts... come on dude get out the shadows and get involved with this community. Chances are you go to an event and meet maggots who let you try all kinds of cool skis, give you beers and bud and end up being your best friends for life.

"happened to me"

Thanks for the help. Will try to demo. But, also, my future self is communicating to me the great turns he has made on an Atris or Sick Day 104, although he won't tell me which. Jong out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Chances are you go to an event and meet maggots who let you try all kinds of cool skis, give you beers and bud and end up being your best friends for life.
    I cannot wait for the BBI franchise stop at Wilmot Mtn.

In the end; he’ll shortcut all that advise and choose the one with the sick topsheet or sick in the title..

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    I cannot wait for the BBI franchise stop at Wilmot Mtn.
    I grew up skiing Wilmot. Thats the hill that got me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    In the end; he’ll shortcut all that advise and choose the one with the sick topsheet or sick in the title..
    Thats sick...

just wait until the Rossignol Sick 7 is announced next month ...

Quote Originally Posted by mutorq View Post
    I'm thinking the Enforcer is going to be too close to the Bonafide...I don't think I want any metal.
    The Enforcer is much more relaxed and easy to ski than the Bonafide. A few years ago when they came out with the Enforcer 100, I skied it and that it was nice but not enough of a charger for me. Fast forward a few years and with my mid-40’s knees, I really enjoy them and ski them often.

I would recommend the Enforcer 104 Free (will probably be my daily driver this year) and the Salomon QST 106. They can handle some high speeds, but are happy not going full throttle all the time.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Nah. You initially said Ripstick, which is pretty close to the SIck Day, from what I have seen. And several people said Atris and Sick Day. So, not bypassing advice really. Thanks.

I've owned Bonafides and have a new pair of 104 Free in the other room.
    Few similarities in shape if any at all really. Metal, but nice flex, not an i-beam. Much more tail rocker vs Bonafides.
    Looking forward to trying these out.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Few similarities in shape if any at all really. Metal, but nice flex, not an i-beam. Much more tail rocker vs Bonafides.
    Loving my Enforcer 104s! They rip on groomers, tons of fun in the bumps and can motor through crud. I mounted mine +2 to make more playful and they are super easy to pivot in trees. Perfect flex and weight.

Haven't skied the 104, but agreed the 100 isn't nearly as chargy as the Bonafide. Makes sense given the softer flex and more tail rocker.

Did you ever end up skiing those 186 Bodis you bought a couple years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Haven't skied the 104, but agreed the 100 isn't nearly as chargy as the Bonafide. Makes sense given the softer flex and more tail rocker.

Did you ever end up skiing those 186 Bodis you bought a couple years ago?
    I did. They were beasts for me. I sold them in 10/10 condition.

I'm fucking lazy today has buddy posted nekid pic's of his wife ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I did. They were beasts for me. I sold them in 10/10 condition.
    Bummer. I was hoping to make you a stupid lowball offer for them.

I've got the Sick Day 110s and like the 104s they are a pretty directional ski - not at all a twin tip. For the 110s: good amount of tip rocker, less tail rocker, great for playing around and tight technical stuff, and they do very well landing air, as the stiffer tails help with shock absorption. They do very well "at speed" in tight stuff, but in the open they do less well "at speed" (because that speed wants to be faster, and they start to move around a bit at those speeds.) They have some stiffness, but if all you want to do is bomb down shit as fast as possible it's the wrong ski. If you want to use technical stuff as a playground and ski really hard it's a good ski. To really get a lot out of them they need to be weighted well with quick feet. I like the stiff tails cause I can use them to smear and slip and catch me when I do dumb stuff I shouldn't be doing, but people who really like surfy skis get annoyed that they are back there.

My lady friend has a thinner women's version of them in the Pandora. She's a very good skier but less nutty than I. She finds them very responsive and they do what she tells them to do.

That all said, no experience on the 104s so I don't know how they compare.

YMMV

EDIT: And, now that I look at what I wrote, my personal experience as noted here is very close to all the fucking reviews all over the internet, including Blister. So, you know, maybe read all those reviews on the 14 skis you listed. They are very different.
    Last edited by beece; 10-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I've got the Sick Day 110s and like the 104s they are a pretty directional ski - not at all a twin tip. For the 110s: good amount of tip rocker, less tail rocker, great for playing around and tight technical stuff, and they do very well landing air, as the stiffer tails help with shock absorption. They do very well "at speed" in tight stuff, but in the open they do less well "at speed" (because that speed wants to be faster, and they start to move around a bit at those speeds.) They have some stiffness, but if all you want to do is bomb down shit as fast as possible it's the wrong ski. If you want to use technical stuff as a playground and ski really hard it's a good ski. To really get a lot out of them they need to be weighted well with quick feet. I like the stiff tails cause I can use them to smear and slip and catch me when I do dumb stuff I shouldn't be doing, but people who really like surfy skis get annoyed that they are back there.

My lady friend has a thinner women's version of them in the Pandora. She's a very good skier but less nutty than I. She finds them very responsive and they do what she tells them to do.

That all said, no experience on the 104s so I don't know how they compare.

YMMV

EDIT: And, now that I look at what I wrote, my personal experience as noted here is very close to all the fucking reviews all over the internet, including Blister. So, you know, maybe read all those reviews on the 14 skis you listed. They are very different.
    Thanks for your take on them.

Anything that you can push without the tip folding up, i hate that....