Trans SierraNorte

Anyone here going to this race in 2 weeks?

Line up just got stacked with who's who of pros looking for a vacation race. Should be a good party in the woods of Mexico.

Here's a shitty photo of the bike I built up for the race. Pay no attention to the Arch wheelset for XC rides with fastfred. I use a Flow wheelset that is burly and a pound heavier. Not sold on very stiff Helm fork. Might put the Pike back on. I'm no heavyweight

I went. Met some cool Americans, Brits, Scots, kiwis, Canucks, Frenchies, and Mexicans. Ate some amazing food. Rode trails that were pretty mind blowing. Drank too much mezcal and modelo. Kinda mind blowing how much they squeeze into 4 days. We all were shattered after the post race party.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/video-ce...orte-2019.html

It sold out for 2019 so if you are interested sign up early and go with a crew. That way you can share sleeping accommodations and when shit breaks you have someone to beg to help you fix it.

Nice! I was in Oaxaca de Juarez during Dia de Muertos and didn't realize the event was taking place. Found out when I got home and was looking at Pinkbike.
    I would definitely go back with my bike.

How far from town were most of the trails?

The trails are close to town but far enough up sketchy roads that a shuttle is needed. Look at Trailforks. You'll see some of the trails to the N and NW of Oaxaca we rode. Lots of 3,000 plus foot descents. Fucking crazy DH trails

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The trails are close to town but far enough up sketchy roads that a shuttle is needed. Look at Trailforks. You'll see some of the trails to the N and NW of Oaxaca we rode. Lots of 3,000 plus foot descents. Fucking crazy DH trails
    Yeah, saw the trails on Trailforks. More wondering what drive time is like. What looks close on a map takes a long time on those roads with traffic.

Dunno man. I wouldn't want to drive there. There are shuttle operations.