Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We had a credit card someone else ordered in our name show up in our mailbox. Lolz. Locking mailbox so our mail is secure but chances are they were just hoping for a way to get the numbers and get it activated somehow. They lost. Thanks Equifax for the data breach.
    This is why you keep your credit frozen unless you are actively applying for a loan or new card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is why you keep your credit frozen unless you are actively applying for a loan or new card.
    Yes, we did that after the fact. Even a credit lockdown expires after a certain length of time though, no? All in all life can be such a pain in the ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Could be porch pirate but most likely seller shipped to billing address. This happened to my kid. We knew it wasnt porch pirate because the card number was used halfway across the country.
    Maybe New York guy has an associate in Nashville?
    Maybe not the most likely, but not the most improbable either.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yes, we did that after the fact. Even a credit lockdown expires after a certain length of time though, no? All in all life can be such a pain in the ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    there is a difference between a lockdown and a freeze. a lock is a temporary thing in response to a theft or something. freeze is there until its taken off

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'll be in touch. I will hold onto them for a period of time just in case they pull their heads out and to make it clear that I'm the scammee not the scammer, but at some point, I'm not going to hold onto them forever.
    Even though the phones are in your possession and you did not order them and Google can't figure a way to eventually get the phones back to them, they may have flagged them as lost or stolen. If it comes to them not ever wanting them back, better check with your credit card company and then run the ESN numbers on Google Project Fi (which is Google's cell offering as you probably know) to see if they could be activated and work or on a blacklist already...

Otherwise if they are on the lost or stolen list, they would only be good for parts or someone that tries to flash a new ESN or replace the board...