WTB: Tech Bindings

Hey y'all, I'm looking for some used dynafits, g3, or plum bindings. Really open to anything, just no plate bindings please.

Quote Originally Posted by ggfski42 View Post
    just no plate bindings please.
    Plate bindings?
    Name:  SKIING Sept - Besser - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  412.8 KB

Upward release at the toe and lateral release at the heel?! Damn -- that's like a Pivot 18 and a Knee binding all rolled into one.

/s.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Upward release at the toe and lateral release at the heel?! Damn -- that's like a Pivot 18 and a Knee binding all rolled into one.

/s.
    You can see the cam profile on the black section in front of the toe (lateral and upward release at the toe). All of the release occurred by forcing the piston forward - like the Voile tele binding. The rear of the heel plate tapered to a wedge - upward force drove the piston at the toe forward, and voila! I forgot about the lateral release at the heel part ;-)

If memory serves, the Gertz (not Geze) was a similar (identical?) design.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    You can see the cam profile on the black section in front of the toe (lateral and upward release at the toe). All of the release occurred by forcing the piston forward - like the Voile tele binding. The rear of the heel plate tapered to a wedge - upward force drove the piston at the toe forward, and voila! I forgot about the lateral release at the heel part ;-)

If memory serves, the Gertz (not Geze) was a similar (identical?) design.

... Thom
    This is also basically what Voile used for their telemark release plate. Of course their barrel sppring housing said "VOILE" and their plate had inserts for mounting up your favorite 75mm telemark binding (or you could buy one of their bindings pre-integrated with a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    This is also basically what Voile used for their telemark release plate. Of course their barrel sppring housing said "VOILE" and their plate had inserts for mounting up your favorite 75mm telemark binding (or you could buy one of their bindings pre-integrated with a plate.
    Yes, as I mentioned above. I ran one of those Voile binders in the dark days (mid-90s), with some Red Chile's.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music