Which Intuition liner for the Vulcan?

Ready to move on from the stock liner. Is it the power-wrap or the tour that works best? Leaning towards the wrap, ditch the tongue sort of thing.

There's a tour wrap these days
    https://intuitionliners.com/shop/tour-wrap/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah the stock Dynafit liner in Mercury/ Vulcan sucks dead goats, I have a high instep and the stock liner bugs the top of my foot,

So I swapped the new liner out of my Vulcans into the old Mercury's and sold the boots

I been using a pwrwrap in the Mercury & Vulcan for 6 years
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've been in a pro tour. That seems to walk well and ski well. I haven't tried a tour wrap, though. My guess is that would walk worse and ski better.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I use high volume Intuition Luxury Liners in my Vulcans and they work really well. I have thin, flat, low instep, wide feet with skinny ankles and lower legs so the extra cush fills the gaps and keep feet really warm. Though technically not a 'touring' liner, I ski tour between 60-80 days a season and don't feel that they compromise the stride in any fashion.

I mold 'em a bit hot in a convection oven (technically not recommended by Intuition; just called 'em last week) and reduce a bit of the volume (for performance) by buckling tight during molding. Areas that need space filling from the thick foam stay happy.
    Master of mediocrity.

Which Intuition liner for the Vulcan?

Used Intuition Alpine and then PowerWraps with the Vulcan. Both works but personally prefer Alpine: enough support and stiffness but much smoother backward flex articulation.
    (Also for both may be challenging to stuff foot+hot liner into the shell and clump the buckles while baking as they are much higher volume than the stocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Ready to move on from the stock liner. Is it the power-wrap or the tour that works best? Leaning towards the wrap, ditch the tongue sort of thing.
    I thot a liner billed as intuition and tour would be great BUT such was not the case, I bought a set with tongues, tried them around the house and ended up taking them back to intuition in Vancover, IME any liner with a tongue including those made by Intuition hurts the area on top of my foot between the big toe and the ankle

SO a tongued liner may work but a Pwrap will always work for me

Consider the arch is a very tight spot on the Vulcan so a liner with a tongue might be ok for you or maybe not,

with a Vulcan you can always take the removable tongue out of the boot to help the boot tour better with a wrap

Intuition in vancover was cool to deal with, they exchanged the unused liner no question
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a pair of Vulcans that I have experimented with different liners. Mainly, Pro tour tongue, Power Wraps, stock liner and Tour wraps. So, my conclusions are that the Pro Tours(tongue) just didn't fit well after several molds, just a lot of material in the forefoot, The Power Wraps fit well and adds a lot of beef to the boots but for touring just too stiff. I now use the Tour Wraps, they tour well and ski well but they are a low volume liner so if you need volume this is not the liner to have.

Quick question, I use the Vulcan with a MV Pro Tour and it’s fine. I’ve bought some TLT6 (black and orange, the widest ones) in the same size (26) and with the MV Pro Tour in them its way too tight in the forefoot. Any opinion, would a Tour Wrap do the trick if it’s a lower volume liner ?

Does the Tour Wrap tour as well as the Pro Tour ?
    Last edited by stuntmanbo; 10-16-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Well, IMO for me the Tour Wrap is a softer overall and lower volume than the other Intuition performance liners including the Pro tour. The low volume is especially noticable in the forefoot. I have a average foot and had to add a bontex shim to add volume to my forefoot. I think my liners came with some Intuition shims in the package, these are kinda thick and I never tried them. WTBS, I like these liners as 100% touring liner, the softness overall makes my Vulcans more comfortable hiking and still ski well enough but with these my Vulcans have lost a little of the power as compared when I tried Power Wraps and even the stock liners.