California Avalanche Workshop

Hope to see folks there.

Oooh. Can there be another one like that about a month later? I can't go to that, but I'd really like to take my wife to one. I need to start training her up, and this would be a perfect start.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Any information on what the workshop will involve and/or who will speak? My experience has been mixed in avalanche-themed workshops. Some of the presentations are incredibly helpful; others can be too granular for me personally.

Finalizing the speaker line up right now. Hope to have it ready to share end of this week or early next. Will be some scientists, patrollers, forecasters, and big time shred pros presenting. Plus beer at the end of the day.

This is a once a year happening.

The CAW is inspired by the International Snow Science Workshop (ISSW) and its motto A Merging of Theory and Practice. There should be something for almost everyone, but it's probably unrealistic to have every talk speak to your soul.
    Last edited by dishwasher-dave; 10-16-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dishwasher-dave View Post
    Finalizing the speaker line up right now. Hope to have it ready to share end of this week or early next. Will be some scientists, patrollers, forecasters, and big time shred pros presenting. Plus beer and the end of the day.

This is a once a year happening.

The CAW is inspired by the International Snow Science Workshop (ISSW) and its motto A Merging of Theory and Practice. There should be something for almost everyone, but it's probably unrealistic to have every talk speak to your soul.
    I get it and appreciate the opportunity. I'll probably bring my kid though, who, like me, probably won't be too interested in things like an in-depth presentation on the physics of snowflake decomposition. (To be fair, I know many who'd love that presentation though.) I'll look out for the agenda when it comes out.

Well you may be in luck as there will be a presentation on snowflake formation (as opposed to decomposition). It should be pretty interesting and accessible though.

Ticket purchased, please post the lineup once it’s all finalized. Had fun last year and I’m excited for this year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAW 2019 Speaker & Topics-4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	299642

Lineup and topics above.

Shout with any questions.

Tickets here:
    www.californiaavalancheworkshop.org

Well, I stupidly bought 2 tickets several weeks ago only to realize that I agreed several months to lead a volunteer event at the local ASPCA on the same date. No refunds, which sucks.

Anyhow, if anyone wants two free tickets, let me know. My only condition is that you actually attend the event. (I've noticed that people can be a bit flaky when it comes to free stuff.)

ETA: The SPCA event is cancelled. Sorry for the confusion. I'll be there.
    Last edited by AKbruin; 10-31-2019 at 05:14 PM.