Motherless Brooklyn (The Film)

I read Jonathan Letham's novel back in the day and remember liking it (I pretty much have enjoyed everything I have read by Letham: Gun, With Occasional Music; Amnesia Moon; As She Climbed Across The Table; Girl In Landscape).

I had long heard that Edward Norton was going to turn it into a film.

Well, he finally has and his endeavor is coming to theaters in November.

Tonight, whilst driving to the Bay Area I decided to listen to the radio (I rarely-to-never listen to the radio) and while thumbing through the dial I stumbled upon Live From Here With Chris Thile on the local PBS station. He happened to have Edward Norton on and they spoke about making the film (apparently Norton was interested in making it as far back as when the novel was first published in 1999, so it has taken 20 years to come to fruition). At any rate, Norton talked about the changes to the book he made for the film, the score (Thom Yorke and Wynton Marsalis), and then read the first few pages of the novel.

I don't really remember much of the book other than the lead character's affliction, but I have decided that I won't re-read it until after I've seen the film (I recently re-read Good Omens before watching the Amazon series and was severely disappointed in the series, so I'm going to see if revisiting the source material after seeing the film makes a difference).

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I wish you published more broadly.

I was part of a funny conversation the other night where a friend of mine was explaining to some guy who asked what whilst meant. He tried to repeat it, but he had never made his lips and embouchure do it. Over and over again.

It was funny. Really funny. I went from overhearing, to participatory pronunciation lessons to straight up laughter.

The guy is like, nobody uses that, wtf!

I was standing behind and raised my hand and my friend said, look behind you, he does.

I replied, English dude, check it out.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I read Jonathan Letham's novel back in the day and remember liking it (I pretty much have enjoyed everything I have read by Letham: Gun, With Occasional Music; Amnesia Moon; As She Climbed Across The Table; Girl In Landscape).

]
    Read Fortress of Solitude ( his best IMVHO) & Chronic City. Gamblers anatomy is good to but Fortress was his peak I think ( maybe cuz I like Comics & hip hop)

Movie looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Read Fortress of Solitude ( his best IMVHO) & Chronic City. Gamblers anatomy is good to but Fortress was his peak I think ( maybe cuz I like Comics & hip hop)

Movie looks good.
    I own all 3 of those novels, but have yet to read them.

I really dug As She Climbed Across The Table.

Enjoyed the film, too: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...52#post5823352
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en