DIY boot stretching tool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	297287

Anyone ever try a machinist jack to bump out a boot ? I have always used a heat gun and something hard and round to do a ghetto stretch but saw this thing. Thinking about making a few wood attachments roughly shaped, tapered and a counter sunk hole to match the diameter of the head on the mini jack. I didn't know if this was already attempted ? Don't mind paying a fitter but hate making multiple visits and seems like lots of them make don't have shit for tools and makes me look like a master fitter.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	297287

Don't mind paying a fitter but hate making multiple visits and seems like lots of them make don't have shit for tools and makes me look like a master fitter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've seen similar tools in some shops, not going to vouch for it by any means...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

how do you manipulate the lever arm?
    seems tedious at best

Thanks for this, never knew about them. Tedious, but cheap compared to other options.
    Similar idea to this-
    https://www.pugski.com/attachments/9...7b-jpeg.64327/

Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    how do you manipulate the lever arm?
    seems tedious at best
    Take it out and use a smaller allen wrench and turn 1/4" turn at a time, I have tiny hands of a 12 yo chinese orphan hand stitching kangaroo leather soccer boots. Truth be told I have no clue since I don't have one in hand. If it's remotely close to working like I think it does this will make it where i never have to go to a boot fitter for a bump. If you start at a point where the jack is fairly flush against the sidewalls of the boot you should only need 2-3 turns at most.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Thanks for this, never knew about them. Tedious, but cheap compared to other options.
    Similar idea to this-
    https://www.pugski.com/attachments/9...7b-jpeg.64327/
    Same concept but for $20 I'll try the jack and make a few custom wood stretch molds traced from my foot.