Sad news out of Mexico, Jordie Lunn passes away after crash on bike.

Jordie was the life of mountain biking during its heyday of big films and the beginnings of Crankworx and Rampage.
    It's really sad to see a 36 year old pass way too early.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/jordie...in-mexico.html

Well that's fucking terrible. Hopefully he's sending it with Stevie. Going to have to dust off Roam tonight.

Yeah that sucks.
    Sounds like he wasn’t even doing anything too crazy.
    Sad news.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn, bummer for sure. RIP

Loved seeing him in that quick enduro slope style thing in Cam's edit the other day... so sad to see.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

What a bummer, so sad to just have read this, i can only hope something good comes of something so shitty, ride on J-

a Canadian ski team (ski cross ? ) member died in an MTB crash very recently, be careful out there folks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    a Canadian ski team (ski cross ? ) member died in an MTB crash very recently, be careful out there folks
    Yeah, Ski Cross:
    https://nsmb.com/articles/ski-cross-...ding-squamish/

To me her death hits home much harder knowing some of the team and knowing most of them are getting into enduro racing and the usual mtb hijinx...she could have been any one of us.

It's a bummer about Jordi. Kinda seemed like he'd gotten away with so much gnarly shit for so long that he was just destined to live forever. It's crazy that some inconsequential little thing took him down.

Sad news out of Mexico, Jordie Lunn passes away after crash on bike.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's crazy that some inconsequential little thing took him down.
    That’s how it happens some times I guess. I shattered and destroyed my knee on a black diamond run after skiing some of the steepest shit in the country that same morning. Maybe he let his guard down a little and was just having fun.

Loved watching him tear shit up.

RIP Jordie

So true, I blew my forearm to bits stuffing into a berm on a blue feeder trail that I have ridden hundreds of times.. then I'm home recovering and see a dude eat shit down an entire ski jump ramp and basically comes out ok. Not to project into Jordies accident but my feeling is when you are at the edge of your abilities you are hyper focused vs misplaced complacency when 'cruisin' and then also sometimes just crazy shit happens. We've all got a zero chance survival rate if you take the time axis out far enough.. might as well just send it!!

RIP Jordie!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Has exactly what happened been revealed?

At Whistler a guy was killed on A-line last week
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    So true, I blew my forearm to bits stuffing into a berm on a blue feeder trail that I have ridden hundreds of times.. then I'm home recovering and see a dude eat shit down an entire ski jump ramp and basically comes out ok. Not to project into Jordies accident but my feeling is when you are at the edge of your abilities you are hyper focused vs misplaced complacency when 'cruisin' and then also sometimes just crazy shit happens. We've all got a zero chance survival rate if you take the time axis out far enough.. might as well just send it!!

RIP Jordie!
    Reminds me of what happened to Ueli Steck. RIP

Also curious to know what actually happened.. it’s pretty scary to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Has exactly what happened been revealed?
    Can't remember where I read it, might have been on Darren Berrecloth's instagram, but I believe he crashed on a small gap on what they are saying was a mellow trail ride. Sounds like a freak accident that resulted in a severe head injury.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like it could have been something just as simple as an accumulation of concussions over the years. Not that the research is great in this area, but I know of several people that have told me that they are possibly just one or two concussions away. Each has reacted differently to this information, but it's a personal decision and who am I to judge. It's great to hear the fundraisers in his memory are going towards furthering concussion research - there's a lot we don't know - and that's the most important fact.