Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Unrelated to the broken spring. I recently replaced our 20 yo opener with a Chamberlin direct drive unit, so much better. As long as you have a torsion spring it clamps directly to the end of the spring shaft. No chain, belt or screw and no track across the ceiling. Never did one before but running the wires from the electric eye and the wall remote took way longer than opener installation. If power is close by an installation is maybe an hour. Also has a dead bolt lock that automatically locks door down. WIFI on phone to open or close or one included remote. Noise??, nope quietest opener I have ever heard. A little more expensive but well worth it.

Attachment 297589
    No shit. Interested. Especially because of the dead bolt. Our door with an old motor that is wearing out is too easy to force open and the neighbor kid decided to help himself to our bicycles, with some sketchy friends, who then decided to help themselves.

^^yeah I've never seen those openers before and with 2 20-year-old openers you're right on time, thanks.

DeeHubbs that was funneh.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    No shit. Interested. Especially because of the dead bolt. Our door with an old motor that is wearing out is too easy to force open and the neighbor kid decided to help himself to our bicycles, with some sketchy friends, who then decided to help themselves.
    When I saw these my first thought was what took so long Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dead bolt.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	517.6 KB 
ID:	297679for someone to come up with this idea, so simple. Here is a photo of the dead bolt, kind of dark but it snaps right through the track blocking the rollers.

I remember one from Shark Tank 5 years ago. Never heard much about it after.

https://2paragraphs.com/2018/01/gara...k-275000-deal/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

its the special blend of passive/aggressive nagging desk jockey middle manager/lawyer/contractor/engineers and rough n' tumble real men mechanics that makes this place what it is.

And yet here you are, a passive jockey mechanic.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Might be the laser
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

For $349 I bought a new garage door opener WITH a lock included.

Easy peasy

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks for all of the great replies.

A quick search and it looks like I’d pay $65 for the spring and rods. And to pay a dude to come and deal with it is $160. I’ve never paid a repairman to come to my house for an hour, but this is going to be the first time. It’s no so much that I’m scared of dying (I am) but...I have a long list of shit to do as we just moved in to a new house last week. And I got some hobbies n shit. So: fuck it. I’m hiring a professional.

Thanks for all of your super entertaining replies. You guys are rad.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums