Winterland in Park city $75. WTF?

TGR’s film is playing in Park city on November 15. High West is charging $75 to see the movie. WTF? I think that the showings at our Lady of the snows at Alta are sold out. I would like to see this movie, but there’s no way that I’m paying $150 just to get in the door with my wife. IMHO, bad form. I guess the days of scary hose in Jupiter bowl $20 admission are over
    What is the collective paying to see the movie?
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 10-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

$12 here in Spokane, WA! What a joke — At $75 a pop not sure that’d be a crowd I’d want to watch it with. Likely get scowls from the ladies wearing their designer ski attire when you hoop and howl at the segments!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$15 in Portland + fee

If it includes a comp lift ticket, it'd make sense...
    I really miss the old comp tix deals, you'd get at most ski movies.
    B4 the epic/ikon days.

I think last year there was some kinda bougie whiskey tasting at SF showing that was crazy $'s

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Looks like you are paying for the swag bag.

I would want to see a bottle of rye in the swag bag for $75.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I just looked into this a bit more. Also, I think that it is illegal to give away any type of booze in the state of Utah. The description says that the swag includes a yeti rambler, TGR movies and a Q&A with the skiing rock stars. SMH. Sucks that it’s the only showing in Park City. The mismanagement of this town is mind-boggling
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

$15 in advance/$20 at the door at the State Theatre in Portland, Maine. Dark Star Orchestra playing the following night for $30. Nice little back-to-back.

$20 in JH, weeks ago. And I was not terribly impressed. SSDD for me. Jibbing makes me doze off. POV pow lines for me, please. Then I get loud.

@$75 a pop, I'd feel like I just got reamed. Granted we didn't get to talk with the kids and whatnot. Hotboxing the smokeshack with lindenle and Passholer made us late to asking Angel for change, dangit.
    I snagged a free Winterland movie book though.

I did see the Whiskey tour thingamajig, is it one of those dates?

I am with you on that whole Jibby thing. I just want to see some big AK lines shred it. Soul purpose, tangerine dream...I really dug those TGR movies between 2006-2012

Maybe I will ask Angel whether Jim taught her everything she knows (err...but not everything he knows). Ha

I was all fired up about this for a second as the premieres late 90s through mid 2000s were always a hoot and brought the community together. See frozen's 20 year post in padded room, good times

Looks like there is a separate "Whiski" series this is a part of thats hi dollar, but there are a ton more Salt lake area shows you can attend https://www.tetongravity.com/films/winterland/tour

stoked ot see this is actually playing at a decent hour at the cool historic theater here in town so I can take my son ( fkn Warren Miller starts at 9 or some shit)

$17.50 including processing fees here in sleepy North Bend.

Tour stop in Stamford last night was fantastic on so many levels.

I may need to expound in the main forum. Location, athlete, timing, everything

$17.00 in Duluth, and it includes some free and discounted lift tickets. I've never been to the free places, but 500ft vert i would guess.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Very worth it IMO, I don't want to rub elbows with anyone with only a couple million in the bank. They are trying to keep out the riff-raff and if you don't get it, it's not for you.

You'll be one year older when you do, but make the trip down for the Red Butte show in SLC next year. That show has normal ticket prices (around $20) and BYOB.

I suspect there's a whiskey tasting included in that price?

Schralph went to one they did (for free due to hookup) a year or two back. Said it was ok.

High West is one of their sponsors and I recall a prominent High West bottle in at least one shot last night...

...when I saw Winterland and Roadless as a doubleheader in Sacramento at the Crest Theater for $20.

Movie was decent. Not their best. Kai Jones is super fun to watch though. And he's only 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Turns out I will be attending tomorrow night. Doors open at 6. Included are heavy hors d'iervres, whiskey tasting and swag. Movie begins at 8. Anyone else attending???

Unless they're pouring A Midwinter Night's Dram, I'll pass.

I'll have 6oz of dram in my flask. If I see you, I'll share.

Fun event. Definitely worth the 💰

i paid $20 to see it at Red Butte and wish I could have my money back... Pretty meh of a film...just same TGR garbage from previous decade pacakged with a new name in this one .

So, we're all in agreement then??