Blister 19/20 "Best of" skis?

What were the Blister 2019/2020 "Best of" skis?

RAX

Righteous indignation and the word “suspension” in a 182

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have read the buyers guide but you have to pay for the "Best Of" skis.

No you don't. They're on page 201 of the Buyer's Guide.

Or if it's to hard to read, you can listen to it on their pod cast:
    https://blisterreview.com/featured/1...e-part-1-ep-68

Quote Originally Posted by SLCUTAH View Post
    I have read the buyers guide but you have to pay for the "Best Of" skis.
    I thought you already picked skis...? Two threads of what ski 4 me and you still want blister to tell you? Upload a video of you skiing and we will tell you definitively what skis you need

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Better yet upload a video of your girlfriend skiing.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Is Blister the review site where some of the reviewers started skiing after college?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Better yet upload a video of your girlfriend skiing.
    God why didn't I come up with that

Soul 7 HD in 164 or 172cm was at the top of the list I believe

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yes once again blisters sheen is limited to terminal intermediates
    who despite skiing for decades cant figure it out
    you should jabroni pony up and pay them
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Is Blister the review site where some of the reviewers started skiing after college?
    I actually thought I just saw this as well. Which isn't necessarily bad, but found it to be odd.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I actually thought I just saw this as well. Which isn't necessarily bad, but found it to be odd.
    I don't see why it matters. If anything, wouldn't you want reviewers with a range of different backgrounds if you're publishing reviews for a broad readership?

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I don't see why it matters. If anything, wouldn't you want reviewers with a range of different backgrounds if you're publishing reviews for a broad readership?
    I don't think it's a dealbreaker, and to be fair it sounds like the new guy skis switch to the parking lot. It is a reminder though that taking advice from strangers doesn't always work. Wait a minute...

I would say the best way without buying the actual buyers guide (which is worth it if you are asking said question) is to listen to their gear:30 podcast. There is a lot of insight into what they like or don't like and it may just be enough information for you. FWIW, Jonathan does not try to hide the fact that he really did not start skiing until after college. In fact that was part of his motivation to start Blister and is definitely not a reason to discredit the reviews that Blister releases. Regardless, everyone has their own opinions and at the very least they will get you in the ballpark of something that will work well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TCNROMPER View Post
    I would say the best way without buying the actual buyers guide (which is worth it if you are asking said question) is to listen to their gear:30 podcast. There is a lot of insight into what they like or don't like and it may just be enough information for you. FWIW, Jonathan does not try to hide the fact that he really did not start skiing until after college. In fact that was part of his motivation to start Blister and is definitely not a reason to discredit the reviews that Blister releases. Regardless, everyone has their own opinions and at the very least they will get you in the ballpark of something that will work well for you.
    This sounds pretty shilly. Actually the reviewer not having skied for that long is a great reason to discredit the review if you have other sources that have skied for much longer and thus have skied on more equipment. The podcasts are longwinded, tl/dl. But I do think it's cool that they purchase all the equipment. Definitely ups the credibility, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    ...But I do think it's cool that they purchase all the equipment. Definitely ups the credibility, imo.
    Nope, Blister does NOT purchase the equipment. But they claim there is NO pay-to-play AT ALL at Blister---so yes, that still ups the credibility. Blister's model seems to be donate-gear-to-play.

Brands who donate gear to Blister might receive a negative review. Why don't the raddest skis get donated to Blister for review? Moment explained why they refuse to donate 194cm lengths to Blister (because there's not enough upside...even the most positive review for long skis wouldn't increase those sales by more than 10 pairs, or whatever small number it really is, etc.). J Skis explained why they don't even PRODUCE any long skis (that niche market is too small).

I am not a shill. I have never paid a cent to Blister, but I use their free features, and I always end up defending Blister because I think the world is a better place with Blister than without. They're trying to keep the profit-motive out of reviews, and just reporting what they observe. C'mon, y'all can interpret their reported observations, right?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Nope, Blister does NOT purchase the equipment. But they claim there is NO pay-to-play AT ALL at Blister---so yes, that still ups the credibility. Blister's model seems to be donate-gear-to-play.

Brands who donate gear to Blister might receive a negative review. Why don't the raddest skis get donated to Blister for review? Moment explained why they refuse to donate 194cm lengths to Blister (because there's not enough upside...even the most positive review for long skis wouldn't increase those sales by more than 10 pairs, or whatever small number it really is, etc.). J Skis explained why they don't even PRODUCE any long skis (that niche market is too small).

I am not a shill. I have never paid a cent to Blister, but I use their free features, and I always end up defending Blister because I think the world is a better place with Blister than without. They're trying to keep the profit-motive out of reviews, and just reporting what they observe. C'mon, y'all can interpret their reported observations, right?

Boss man has spoken

Jonathan may have started skiing seriously after college, but the dude is in or close to his 40s i think?
    So he's got a bunch of years fully dedicated to skiing and has probably skied more and skis better than people who have been weekend warrior their whole lives.

Blister is great, like anything take it with a grain of salt and it can be a useful tool for you.