Fristchi Xenics are in

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0505.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	297219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0506.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	396.0 KB 
ID:	297220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0508.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	383.1 KB 
ID:	297221

The jaws do open and close perfectly horizontal, which is neat. Will post a video.

Video: https://imgur.com/gallery/FXIQWgf

Can also confirm you can mount Tectons and Xenics using the same heel holes and have no conflict at the toe.

Not aware of a template so guess this will be a free hand mount.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They look good, especially the 284. Looks like your in for a fun winter with those and the Raven's. What kind of boot are you in?

Nice ...

Looks suspiciously like a Plum/Dynafit toe hole pattern.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

They look plasticy, or is their some extruded metal in the body? And maybe it doesn't matter, I know doodly about tech bindings for the most part. But they do look plasticy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    They look plasticy.
    Well, they are Fritschi

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Can also confirm you can mount Tectons and Xenics using the same heel holes and have no conflict at the toe.

Would have been nice if they shared two of the toe holes though, but whatever. Assume BD will distribute them?

They look plasticy, or is their some extruded metal in the body? And maybe it doesn't matter, I know doodly about tech bindings for the most part. But they do look plasticy.
    As do the Vipecs and Tectons (look plasticy). Lots of composites.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

They are plasticy! as stated so are the Tectons and Vipecs which get great reviews.

I love my Tectons. I’m betting on the fact that because I like them I’ll like these. I’ll let you know whether I’m right or wrong Plastic is not all bad, most alpine binders are plastic.

BD/Fristchi has decent customer service on the plus side

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Also, fristchi freerides break often - and its usually the super thin metal in the toe piece.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Really interested in these due to the price point and features. How would these compare to the only other tech bindings I’ve skied, an old Dynafit Radical ST (static toe, heel gap)? Thoughts on the Xenic driving a bigger ski in pow days or a 96mm ski on spring ice?

New composites are pretty amazing stuff, so I get it. I'm just coming from the world of big hunks of metal. I'm amazed at the simplicity of the Salomon mtn, and I like that it's metal (but SupreChicken's point is noted).

and the MTN doesn't look plasticy

New composites are pretty amazing stuff, so I get it. I'm just coming from the world of big hunks of metal. I'm amazed at the simplicity of the Salomon mtn, and I like that it's metal (but SupreChicken's point is noted).

and the MTN doesn't look plasticy
    I get where you're coming from. Carbon bike forks give me the creeps.

Seems as if light weight + lots of metal means giving up fine adjustable lateral and vertical release, which is ok for many, but a show stopper for me.

The Kreuzspitze GT may be the exception in this regard (more metal?) Perhaps the ATK Haute Route as well (BD Helio 200)?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I get where you're coming from. Carbon bike forks give me the creeps.

Seems as if light weight + lots of metal means giving up fine adjustable lateral and vertical release, which is ok for many, but a show stopper for me.

The Kreuzspitze GT may be the exception in this regard (more metal?) Perhaps the ATK Haute Route as well (BD Helio 200)?

... Thom
    Good points Thom. Coming from the world of tele, the MTN defined range release seems far superior to anything I have been on (besides a short stint on alpine years ago) except the 2nd incarnation of the Voile CRB. It was plasticy and as fugly as you can get. It was one of my favorite bindings at the lifts, but not for touring once free pivot tele options started showing up.

fugly + plasticy..... but lots of adustability
    Name:  voile_hardwire_3_pin_crb_telemark_binding_540x391.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  82.2 KB

Good points Thom. Coming from the world of tele, the MTN defined range release seems far superior to anything I have been on (besides a short stint on alpine years ago) except the 2nd incarnation of the Voile CRB. It was plasticy and as fugly as you can get. It was one of my favorite bindings at the lifts, but not for touring once free pivot tele options started showing up.

fugly + plasticy..... but lots of adustability
    Name:  voile_hardwire_3_pin_crb_telemark_binding_540x391.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  82.2 KB
    I used an early version of that binding. It was after getting a bad sprain on some 3-pin bindings with leather, lace up boots in the mid-90s.

After changing over to Scarpa plastic boots I decided releasbility might not be such a bad thing ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design