Planning Trips - Software, Website, etc.

What’s everyone using to plan trips? I’m not sure the best way to pull together Gaia, CalTopo, Google Maps and other miscellaneous notes and itineraries.

Any thoughts?

I usually start my trips at night with a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and some sunglasses. Everything else is unnecessary.

Just started using CalTopo. Useful for getting distances and elevation gain/loss. The profile feature will get you a lot of information which you can plug into a Munter calculator for help with predicting time. Suggest you use this locally on terrain you're familiar with to dial in the route finding and the divisors in the Munter as those will be subjective.
    You could then export to Gaia or Garmin or whichever watch/GPS you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I usually start my trips at night with a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, and some sunglasses. Everything else is unnecessary.
    Mission from God doesn't hurt either.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Mission from God doesn't hurt either.
    For food, I usually bring four fried chickens and a Coke. And some dry white toast.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

https://www.photopills.com/
    acid
    credit card
    and a fuck you attitude towards life and linguistics.

I only have 2. But hope that helps.

Some unique suggestions, I will take them under advisement

why would you use google maps over Google Earth? you can plot routes and get elevation profiles for those routes, there are usually multiple image dates available to peruse, and you can even play with sunlight by date/time to figure out what gets roasted by sun or what slopes to aim for to get sunrise/sunset laps as well as figuring out what slopes never see sun for spring touring. add in the ability to move around and assess things from different angles and it's hard to understand why you need anything else really.

Just always remember to look at the image date otherwise that ideal logging road might be very overgrown when you get there.