Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    If you even know which credit card your people use to cover your bills, then you’re not a baller. Also not a baller if you carry your own card.

Ballers don't pay tabs or buy the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    My 2 sisters and I inherited a tidy sum from my father who worked in a factory/ fixed pools for rich people, but it was moot cuz I had already been retired for >10 yrs by that point, I will probably leave a like amount for my kids, neither one of us was/is an educated investor BUT spend < you make play the long game ... its not rocket biology

I recently read a FB post by my fine yellow friend that inveterate blogger Lee Lau, buddy retired very young by shorting shitty stocks, putting away like 40% of a lawyers salary and living on the cheap

As opposed to being the baller IT lawyer with a Porsche and popping out the snotty nosed dependants for which you also have to buy the gear
    Ok, but how does that get me an Amex Black?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

it doesnt get you a black Amex, what it gets you is the ability to not care if you have a Black Amex

and that is priceless
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So it's fuck you black Amex money. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So it's fuck you black Amex money. I get it.
    I’d say it’s more like Black Amex = fuck you money.

Most baller credit card I've seen was some shithole china bank credit card up at Stowe. Dude imported cell phone chargers for a living. His US business made very little money and he paid for everything he could with the china card. Skis all winter and then off the Hawaii.

Picked up everyone's tab at the Mansfield bar and hooked us up again later at the Horn. Seemed like a great tax evasion strategy. Had a few china cards cause they dont always get accepted here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If your card doesn’t have a diamond in it is it really baller?

Really though, people shouldn’t notice the credit card you pay with, unless you’re poor, then it shows.

I have a few of the poor man’s premium credit cards (below the invitation level) and honestly use the Delta Reserve the most. Its not built out of metal and feels like a cheap card but 7-9x miles per dollar spent depending on how much I travel in a given year. I keep the others for their travel benefits and credits.
    I haven’t looked at the sheet in a while but I think I make about $3000 a year in additional utility from my cards. As long as you have the discipline to not let it affect spending habits you’re fine.