Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ballin' would be self serve blow.

I'm flying to Cartagena in the new year. I'll check out the Skylounge and report back if it's baller, Benny.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm not so sure homemade credit card qualifies as baller.

Crafty, yes.
    artisan, hewn. and backed by the big 3.

golden slacks.

Pro tip: the Delta Skylounge in DET at the far end of the terminal with the indoor train is totally self-serve booze. Bring yer own Nalgene.
    They had a self service booze shelf. If only I'd had you with me to show me the way. I'm not really a booze hound.

My instinct leans more toward stuffing a few beers and the New York Times into my backpack and sneaking out through the terrace.

The green bottle is reserved for my 'Cafe Americano' but it has occasionally been augmenting with a shot of good bourbon. If only...
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-11-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ballin' would be self serve blow.
    Chase Sapphire White. To qualify you have to crash an Italian exotic into a telephone pole.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-11-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Chase Sapphire White. To qualify you have to crash an Italian exotic into a telephone pole.
    Will they accept tearing the shit out of a wilderness area with my snowmobile, then crashing my plane into the pacific?
    Asking for a friend...

I'm flying to Cartagena in the new year. I'll check out the Skylounge and report back if it's baller, Benny.
    Be sure to wear a jacket with plenty of pockets in case they have complimentary cold cuts and sandwich fixin's.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I have a beef with Chase. They had a hospitality tent at my local ski hill wherein they were offering free massages and Rossignol ski demos to Chase Sapphire cardholders. So I borrowed my BIL's Chase Sapphire card to avail myself of a massage at the end of the day. Because when I hit the slopes, I go hard. I'll put it this way, if hard is 10, I go to 11. Anyway, when I show up at 4PM, the massage lady is gone for the day. They said I shoulda come in from 10AM-1PM. I'm like who the fuck needs a massage that early? So yeah, I'm not ballin' with Chase.

Ballin' would bring happy endings.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Will they accept tearing the shit out of a wilderness area with my snowmobile, then crashing my plane into the pacific?
    Asking for a friend...
    Congratulations your friend qualifies. He can now add you as an authorized user. Time to buy some freedom straws!
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-11-2019 at 10:23 AM.

the baller lifestyle

you college boys have been down there grueling it out n going large with them chi chi credit cards when the real secret to financial Independence in modern white society is how much money you saved

not how much you spent
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We're taking ballin' here, dude. Not for the ten year old Civic owners.

We're taking ballin' here, dude. Not for the ten year old Civic owners.
    Amen Benny. Canuck don't understand ballin'.

XXX'r, you can't take it with you. Who you gonna leave it to?

Well, he's Canadian. Not exactly a ballin' place.

Well, he's Canadian. Not exactly a ballin' place.
    Not sure where he is coming from but there is Dave Ramsey school of thought that credit cards are always bad and we should pay cash everywhere and drive 25 year old Buicks. Meh. Probably good advice for some. A little too simple for others.

I see the truth somewhere in between that idiot and the Points Guy for most people.

Ballers make up their own truth as they go anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the baller lifestyle

you college boys have been down there grueling it out n going large with them chi chi credit cards when the real secret to financial Independence in modern white society is how much money you saved

not how much you spent
    Says the retired dude with the IBM pension... and socialized healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I have a beef with Chase. They had a hospitality tent at my local ski hill wherein they were offering free massages and Rossignol ski demos to Chase Sapphire cardholders. So I borrowed my BIL's Chase Sapphire card to avail myself of a massage at the end of the day. Because when I hit the slopes, I go hard. I'll put it this way, if hard is 10, I go to 11. Anyway, when I show up at 4PM, the massage lady is gone for the day. They said I shoulda come in from 10AM-1PM. I'm like who the fuck needs a massage that early? So yeah, I'm not ballin' with Chase.
    Was this at Magic?

No, I think Magic is more a cash or debit card place. I think it only has demo days with indie mfgrs and I couldn't be sure if I'd get a massage or a dick punch if I walked into a tent there. That's just me though, YMMV.

No, I think Magic is more a cash or debit card place. I think it only has demo days with indie mfgrs and I couldn't be sure if I'd get a massage or a dick punch if I walked into a tent there. That's just me though, YMMV.
    So, Discover?

Don't they trade in really expensive t shirts?

Amen Benny. Canuck don't understand ballin'.

XXX'r, you can't take it with you. Who you gonna leave it to?
    Good point, l did send the boys 10k each when grandma passed, I told the youngest to buy some BC skis, he texted back " did you transpose a zero ... is this a mistake ? " he spent some on a nice used BC setup new boots and invested most of it ... a chip off the old block eh

In any case I didnt retire at 49 by being smart or having a great financial adviser, i didnt make much money, I played the long game, I didn't spend every penny, I didnt squander opurtoonity and I didn't use baller CC's

So my point would be that you can't spend your way to financial sucess, the more you spend to get extra points or wtf, the more you are spending instead of saving

So are you using your CC as another way to spend your cash OR as more cash ? For a single guy with a very low spending footprint, the baller cards or any card i have to pay $$$ for don't make sense

In Haida culture the guy who spent the most money was the richest, somewhere on Gwai Haanas is a potlatch pole with 13 rings carved in it which means buddy gave it all away 13 times, but everyone gave it all away so that worked

white people become rich by not spending

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    white people become rich by inheriting it.
    FIFY

Seriously, I agree with all you say. Just poking you in the ribs. But, this is the ballin' thread.

My 2 sisters and I inherited a tidy sum from my father who worked in a factory/ fixed pools for rich people, but it was moot cuz I had already been retired for >10 yrs by that point, I will probably leave a like amount for my kids, neither one of us was/is an educated investor BUT spend < you make play the long game ... its not rocket biology

I recently read a FB post by my fine yellow friend that inveterate blogger Lee Lau, buddy retired very young by shorting shitty stocks, putting away like 40% of a lawyers salary and living on the cheap

As opposed to being the baller IT lawyer with a Porsche and popping out the snotty nosed dependants for which you also have to buy the gear

FIFY

Seriously, I agree with all you say. Just poking you in the ribs. But, this is the ballin' thread.
    Yep.

When my dad's parents died we had to clean their house out and they had literally almost nothing of any value. They traveled the world on a shoestring budget and saw more countries than I ever will. Lived on the cheap and always drove ancient econobox cars. They were known also known as the town tight asses. Once they came to watch us ski and at the end of the day I asked my grandma what she thought of the whole deal. Her answer? She could not believe how many people would blow all that money to ski down a hill. I thought that was an incredibly sad take, even if undeniably accurate.They died well taken care of and comfortable, long after their brains had decayed and left them unable to ponder their nest egg.

So I appreciate your comments xxx. I am 48 and no way we can retire but compared to Joe average 48 year old I am way ahead since my retirement savings began with my first real paychecks when I was 22 and I live in an area that has a low cost of living. We use the couple three cards we have strategically to allow us more travel flexibility during our short vacations and for some cash back (prime) or the 5% discount (target) on groceries in between trips to Aldi. Always paid off at months end and always money we would spend anyway. Recent long planned trip to Yurp we used points to get tickets for the kids.and give them an experience we otherwise couldn't have.

Cards aren't all or nothing. They aren't all good or all bad. They are bad for some, an excuse to spend more for others, a useful tool for some people who have discipline, and a ticket to a life of debtor's hell for others. Ymmv.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mar...core-1.5314868

4 different credit scores depending on who you ask ^^ interesting eh

2 days after my 49th birthday my manager and some guy i didn't recognize walked into my office at 8am and terminated my employment cuz apparently the BOM states you need 2 managers to can a guy

they felt so bad they were crying

I laughed

I should point out have 2 pair ( setup alpine and some verts ) of almost pristine hybrid lotus 120's ... muther fucking red so thats baller dude
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-12-2019 at 01:26 PM.