Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You're mixing repairs.
    As has been stated. You need to determine the extent of your damage. Anything loose or cracked, other than just base material, will need epoxy and base patch. If it's just a base weld, then metal grip and weld. Of course prep it as necessary first. If your edge is cracked, there is a link supplied in the posts above with enough info for you to make this repair.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    If your edge is cracked, there is a link supplied in the posts above with enough info for you to make this repair.
    The 10 Crack Commandments?

Tuco> thanks, somehow I got into
    My head that the patch wouldn’t bond with the metal of the edge which needed the metal grip. Will try again next week

Plus, welds sometimes don’t bond. It’s part of the deal. You try to figure out what went wrong and try try again.

Is your edge cracked? Is your sidewall separated? Make sure all that stuff is sorted out before you start trying to base weld.

You’re currently learning why this is a skill people make a living from. Don’t despair...it just takes time and practice like everything else.

Unfortunately the pictures in the DerekPerson thread didn't upload and I lost the pics to fix it. I do have a finished photo though and there's a ton of good info there too. I will bump that thread up