Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I'm surprised it took this long.

Theyll blame us

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

China is really committed to this this burn it all down angle, huh? Yeah, she seems stable.

Cross-post from the NBA thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Man, they really blew the whole fucking place up over one little social media post from a single executive on a single team half a world away.

If China were a girl she’d be that chick you dated in college that fork-stabbed you in the thigh because she caught you looking at a girl who happened to cross your field of vision out the cafeteria window, but you considered sticking with her because the potential upside was so big.
    I still call it The Jake.

a comment from a single coach a half a world away on a social media platform thats banned in China

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    a comment from a single coach a half a world away on a social media platform thats banned in China
    No brah, she doesn't seem controlling at all, I'd date her, she's rich!

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Is the sex good??

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

China Bans South Park

Culture is a huge US export. Is banning SP or NBA measurably different than restricting Chinese AI technology?

China Bans South Park

Chinese IP court is proving affective. It will take time.

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/2019...214051e77.html

I just hope the sociopolitical dick waving doesn't end up in fireworks shortages next summer.

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Unfortunately, this is a serious topic. The rise of China will see more of this. All of the numerous self-inflicted fractures in our relationships with our allies will leave nobody to stand up for free speech and human rights, not that our record was at all ublemished in that regard. It has its moments. However, I think our record in that regard is better. Unless the rest of the world can get it's shit together, we are truly fuct as China will dominate in more ways than just the physical.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Chinese IP court is proving affective. It will take time.

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/2019...214051e77.html
    I'm not sure what is more laughable about your post, that China is serious about IP rights or the source: "China Daily (Chinese: 中国日报; pinyin: Zhōngguó Rìbào) is an English-language daily newspaper owned by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China and published in the People's Republic of China."

In other news today the publicity department of the Communist Party says the new IP Court is doing a bang up job! Next at 5, why aliens are to blame for millions of Uighurs disappearance

Mind you, this isn't a personal attack, but both of those gave me a huge chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a serious topic. The rise of China will see more of this. All of the numerous self-inflicted fractures in our relationships with our allies will leave nobody to stand up for free speech and human rights, not that our record was at all ublemished in that regard. It has its moments. However, I think our record in that regard is better. Unless the rest of the world can get it's shit together, we are truly fuct as China will dominate in more ways than just the physical.
    Spook loves 'em though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

China Bans South Park

I'm not sure what is more laughable about your post, that China is serious about IP rights or the source: "China Daily (Chinese: 中国日报; pinyin: Zhōngguó Rìbào) is an English-language daily newspaper owned by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China and published in the People's Republic of China."

In other news today the publicity department of the Communist Party says the new IP Court is doing a bang up job! Next at 5, why aliens are to blame for millions of Uighurs disappearance

Mind you, this isn't a personal attack, but both of those gave me a huge chuckle.
    Is that southern humor?

The US chose this dance decades ago when they sold out. It’s fine with me tear the whole thing down on erstwhile human rights outrage.

Is that southern humor?
    Oh, you're serious?

Ok then, the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China puts out a newspaper article that says they're doing a sweet job with their new IP Court and we should take it as gospel?

Wanna buy a BMW X5? You can get em in China cheap!

Human rights issues aside, the point is the lengths the Communist Party goes to silence anything that doesn't tow the line or put them in a glowing light. Sure, the cost of doing business in China has been dealing with this for a long time, but to think they're going to act in any other way than what they have demonstrated time and again: muzzling any whiff of free speech or respecting IP rights of others, is laughable.

Wanna buy a BMW X5? You can get em in China cheap!
    Manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Manual?
    They'll have to check the specs they borrowed from Munich.

Spook loves 'em though.
    Btw, where the fuck is spook? Either Portland hasn't had any racial incidents in a while or he's gone missing.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The US chose this dance decades ago when they sold out. It’s fine with me tear the whole thing down on erstwhile human rights outrage.
    Certain people made the choice for us. And it is not fine with me. We need to do better at home and abroad. Unfortunately we are very definitely headed in the wrong direction now.

Manual?
    Fixed it for you

erstwhile human rights outrage.
    the most pathetic part of your bullshit is you've never been there, have no intention of going there, and get your propaganda from bullshitters.