Question Looking for a groomer/everyday ski similar to Volkl Kendo

I demod a pair of Volkl Kendos that I really liked last year. I usually ski 185+ skis, but tried out some 177 kendos of a groomer day and had a great time. I liked how they could rail groomers and had a short enough radius for tighter areas and that they held their own in the crud.

I'm looking for a cheap pair of skis similar to Kendos. I may end up just going with Kendos, but I can't find find them for less than $449 right now.

What else should be on my radar? Ideally I'd like to spend no more than $300 or so + bindings.

A couple obvious ones: Brahma, mx88/89, Monster 88

I have a pair of Atomic XS11 in 180. But really I don't want to give them up. - Nostalgia. I take them out once a year to remind myself just how much skinny skis suck
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    A couple obvious ones: Brahma, mx88/89, Monster 88
    Good starting point. Fischer has made some good ones in recent years too, but they keep changing the names.

Monster 83s, especially the 2016 ones (if you can find some). I haven't skied the 88s (Ive seen new at $465 with bindings) but they are likely similar. I too usually ski longer skis but like my 177cm M83's a lot for what you are describing and they were pretty cheap.

Don't sleep on the new Kendo, demo'd them last weekend. Impressive ski, I liked it better than the M5 Mantra. After trying about 6 different things my favs were the Stockli Stormrider 95 and the Kendo.

That's my review

I ended up with 179 Liberty V92s, picked up during the ridiculous 62% off everything sale on Moosejaw during cyber Monday. Tomorrow will be my first day on them. Fingers crossed.