Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    One simultaneous double blow out. So no longer in contention.

Attachment 296893
    Anything that came with a power strap is hardly retro. Obviously old enough to blow up though LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Those are rad!!! I’d wear them with a neon full-body snowsuit.
    I do.

Attachment 296893
    If you’ve never had a boot failure you are doing something wrong. If you have had a double boot failure then well I don’t know.

Wish I actually had a boot that fit well enough I wasn't psyched to replace it.
    Not like skis. I almost feel bad getting rid of them. Like, it doesn't feel right to throw them out so.... furniture?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Thread drift? Maybe. In 3 weeks I’m moving into the Lange family home. My wife and I bought it from Bob Lange’s daughter last year, and have been renovating since. Bob founded Lange Boots in the 1970s and was arguably the inventor of plastic boots. His workshop in the basement was sweet, and stack of Lange Girl posters in the rafters was a nice housewarming gift.

If anyone has a pair of 1970s vintage Lange boots, PM me. Would love to have a pair out somewhere in the house.
    Damn... these are all probably in the landfill, but I can ask my elderly neighbor/friend if he still has them? Look on the lower shelf far left...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_466c.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	615.1 KB 
ID:	296951
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Not like skis. I almost feel bad getting rid of them. Like, it doesn't feel right to throw them out so.... furniture?
    I started putting my retired skis out back on the fence... along with some old ones I bought just to get the bindings off of.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I've got a pair like this but blue/black trim instead of that classic orange. They're used with my retro skis..

These can be yours!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264249948039
    Lange XLS. I bought a pair back in 1992 and used them until I bought some more modern equipment than my 1991 Volkl P-9RS. The shop in 1999 wouldn’t mount the Marker bindings on my new then Vertigo Motion skis. Not DIN compliant. The Lange XLS was awesome. Flexible at -5 to -10*C, by -15*C the became an XLR full on race shell.

This yearI need new boots. I have a pair of almost 10 yr old Nordica Speedmachine 130’s with quite possibly 300-350 days on them. My V.1 versionVolkl Mantras are also due for replacement. Could be expensive season....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Post ankle surgery I’m back in Solly Guns as daily drivers. Must have over a 1000 days on those boots.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    If you’ve never had a boot failure you are doing something wrong. If you have had a double boot failure then well I don’t know.
    To be clear. That was my buddy & his boots. Perfect recipe for the explosion. Big guy. Cold day. Old plastic.

He claimed he didn't even fall. Sort of rode it out on the liners. DoWork was quick with the pick up on the sled. He looked like a gorilla on the back. So funny. Rental shop we went.

To be clear. That was my buddy & his boots. Perfect recipe for the explosion. Big guy. Cold day. Old plastic.

He claimed he didn't even fall. Sort of rode it out on the liners. DoWork was quick with the pick up on the sled. He looked like a gorilla on the back. So funny. Rental shop we went.
    Of course I was not being serious. But I have had a boot failure. Heirling I think was the brand. Took them out of my parent’s shed. I think they belonged to my little brother. Heel broke off coming down from chair six at Baker. I obviously did not fit them properly to whatever I was skiing at the time. I think they were 260ds on my Hart freestyles.

Have a pair of Soloman rear entries I use for ice climbing when the approach is park the truck at the base of the climb. Super comfy for standing in front points.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Dude! That’s super cool.

If you’re ever in Salt Lake and want to find old Lange stuff go look at skitrucks. It’s a shitshow, but there will be old Langes for sure.
    Stated for truth. It is a shitshow but I love poking around there. Gear history museum at it's best.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 10-11-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I ski Salomon SX91's as an everyday resort boot. Have a few pair of backups in case of breakage including this NOS pair of SX92's still in the wrapper!
    I have those SX92s. Ski them on gaper day but that’s about it.

Every time I see some SX 91 or 92s I think of all the other old farts around these forums who love them so dearly. Part of the attraction I get. Putting on and taking off ski boots is, by far, the only really REALLY unpleasant thing about skiing to me.. especially now that I have other health issues, sore big toe, bad back, etc..

Not my vulcans because those fuckers are breaking buckles every few months.

Hmh. okay...

not me, but there is a guy over at SkiBrule who still uses his old Red five-buckle Langes ( After the widely seen Black ones. I believe I saw photos of Gustavo in "the Red (ones) at Sapporo in '72.
    That makes 'em forty-eight years old. ( ! 8 0

I Don't Know - That liner Must Be . . . )

( I am going to have to get some leathers.

Are the (Nordica) Dobermann liners leather - lined ) )

anyway. ... for some reason(,) I think Lange called that model 'Devil' ( it was in the series with the original Banshee )

Thanks (!) for the memories...

( Thank you to tgr for hosting this community )

tj

Attachment 296893
    And that's why I made my dad throw out his really old boots even though he doesn't ski too much. At his age his body can't afford for that to happen
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Luddite sighting at Durham. NC Trosa Thrift Store..