Page 427 of 525 FirstFirst ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 13113

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Are you running 150 or 160mm up front?

Color me intrigued so far. I think this could be a super fun Bridgers/Gallatins/Helena/Moab/St. George/mellower enduro race bike to ride most of the time and keep the Gnarvana for bike park/super gnar.

I do have to chime in, I think the Instinct with a dialed coil-over might have changed this shootout a bit. But I would love to take a Druid out for a spin.

WRG, If you ever want to take my Burly Altitude (170/170, coil rear, mullet) or Instinctitude (150/160, air) out for a session, just holler.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Are you running 150 or 160mm up front?

Color me intrigued so far. I think this could be a super fun Bridgers/Gallatins/Helena/Moab/St. George/mellower enduro race bike to ride most of the time and keep the Gnarvana for bike park/super gnar.

Pretty sure it's 150 but I didn't measure. It's also set up as a mullet. I think I'd like full 29 on my own setup, but it's fun to be a hipster for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Yep. A slight tap and the cage will never be the same.

I’ve been watching for the replacements for about a year without success. Always out of stock. I have 3 broken derailleurs in my parts bin waiting for new cages.

X01 has been solid on my other bike on the same terrain for 4 years without needing anything.

XTR is defiantly stronger but $$$.
    Garbaruk makes replacement cages. They come in red.
    https://www.garbaruk.com/rear-derail...ml?category=15

Interesting. I looked a year or so ago and they didn’t. Gets kinda spendy if you buy their pulleys but i might order one to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbest Known Time View Post
    Garbaruk makes replacement cages. They come in red.
    https://www.garbaruk.com/rear-derail...ml?category=15

Was cleaning up the area of my apartment I’m forced to call my shop , found this o ring on the floor. Coincides with some creaky-ness coming from my status 160, after a bunch of spring maintenance - new shift cables, pull and lube BB, new rotors pads, etc etc,
    If bike was running smooth wouldn’t give two shits or think much of it but in light of above wonder if this bugger slipped out of something unbeknownst to me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1099.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	460701
    Any clue where it might be from - ?
    Full shimano XT cranks, xtr der and shifter slx brakes, HOPE BB.

Could just be suspension travel ring from prior service, but doesn’t quite have that look,
    About size of silver dollar.

Just figured I’d ask.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Midget cock ring?

That’s all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Midget cock ring?

That’s all I got.
    Shit. Forgot about that night.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Name:  6525A6C9-998B-4F09-9BA9-370AA87B3FCD.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  46.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Was cleaning up the area of my apartment I’m forced to call my shop , found this o ring on the floor. Coincides with some creaky-ness coming from my status 160, after a bunch of spring maintenance - new shift cables, pull and lube BB, new rotors pads, etc etc,
    If bike was running smooth wouldn’t give two shits or think much of it but in light of above wonder if this bugger slipped out of something unbeknownst to me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1099.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	460701
    Any clue where it might be from - ?
    Full shimano XT cranks, xtr der and shifter slx brakes, HOPE BB.

Could just be suspension travel ring from prior service, but doesn’t quite have that look,
    About size of silver dollar.

Just figured I’d ask.
    Travel indicator ring for your fork. Won’t make a difference if it’s installed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    use your LSR to tune for a bouncier, more playful ride, works better for quick chattery stuff; or a more LSR for slower, more stuck-to-the-ground feel. Better for swoopy G-out control and less frequent big hits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That is a great way to look at lsr.

I asked my original incorrectly... I understand air spring progression, the basics of hsr and lsr (deep vs shallow travel.) But I am still confused as to your advice on closing lsr more in regards to controlling spring energy deep in the travel?

"I might try closing down LSR some more. Go 2 or 3 clicks from closed. Thats a lot of spring energy to control deep in the travel. If it’s returning fast you’re gonna feel it."

Clearly, I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Ask the experts

Oh man, my bad. Drugs are bad mmmk. I meant HSR.

Oh man, my bad. Drugs are great mmmk. I meant HSR.

FIFY.

fuck that noise.

gmen.

ANybody with a Stans NEO hub and a RockShox fork want my Torque Caps? I'm swapping my Stans wheelset onto my DVO fork and don't feel like paying $25 for new end caps. Maybe somebody here could use them and trade me their standard 15TA caps.

Oh man, my bad. Drugs are bad mmmk. I meant HSR.

Hah! Priceless

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    The more I ride this Druid, the more I like it. And the recently released V2 looks like they've refined it even further. Grizzly has it for demo and Vital just put out a video on it detailing the descending characteristics, which I found relatable to my experience on the Druid.

My Druid from last year was probably my favorite bike ever. I had it set up with the Cascade link in the back so it was 143mm travel, -1 angleset up front and a 150mm Lyrik. It pedaled all day but had the typical high pivot feel on the descents, and I rode it everywhere from Pemberton to the CO high country. Even though I currently partner with a different bike company, I've thought about buying one to build up and ride at home every so often.

Gunder does the ultrasonic cleaner not strip out lubricant from bearings in the derailleur? I would have guessed that would actually wear it out faster. I’m curious on the technique because I find cleaning cassettes to be painfully tedious.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    My Druid from last year was probably my favorite bike ever. I had it set up with the Cascade link in the back so it was 143mm travel, -1 angleset up front and a 150mm Lyrik. It pedaled all day but had the typical high pivot feel on the descents, and I rode it everywhere from Pemberton to the CO high country. Even though I currently partner with a different bike company, I've thought about buying one to build up and ride at home every so often.
    That's high praise right there from someone who has ridden lots of bikes. Cool.

I think the druid has now topped my list. Are they really as long as everyone makes them out to be? The reach numbers are big. Wheelbase is huge. I might actually have to get the smallest size, but I don't want it to feel too small.

That comment definitely got my attention too. Never heard of these bikes but def adding to my list to check out based on smoken comment

Ask the experts

I’m running Rival AXS on my gravel bike. 1x12, 40t chainring with the 10-44 cassette. If I want to go ‘mullet’ with my current setup, I’d stay with the 40t chainring but would like to go to the 10-50 cassette. What am I looking at price wise and what needs replacing? Rear derailleur and chain? Is there such thing as a 10-48 cassette? The dirt road climbs back east can be brutally steep.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m running Rival AXS on my gravel bike. 1x12, 40t chainring with the 10-44 cassette. If I want to go ‘mullet’ with my current setup, I’d stay with the 40t chainring but would like to go to the 10-50 cassette. What am I looking at price wise and what needs replacing? Rear derailleur and chain? Is there such thing as a 10-48 cassette? The dirt road climbs back east can be brutally steep.
    Yep. GX AXS derailleur Eagle 10-50 cassette and an Eagle chain. No 10-48 afaik.

I’m interested to see if the new GRX 12 speed will be compatible with a 10-51 cassette. Would be awesome if so. I still think I would spin out 44/10 coming down the Pass and whatnot, though.

Ask the experts

Yep. GX AXS derailleur Eagle 10-50 cassette and an Eagle chain. No 10-48 afaik.

Cool thanks, I’m going to check it out!
    Will my Rival battery work with the GX derailleur?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Cool thanks, I’m going to check it out!
    Will my Rival battery work with the GX derailleur?
    Joetron nailed it. Yes, the axs batteries are compatible with both derailleurs.

I run 40T and 10-50 mullet on my gravel bike here in socal, and climb some 10% grade firetrails on the regular. The better climbing gearing definitely is the way to go, top end speed on a gravel bike is less important than a road bike. You could even get a 10-52 for slightly better climbing ratio.

I think the druid has now topped my list. Are they really as long as everyone makes them out to be? The reach numbers are big. Wheelbase is huge. I might actually have to get the smallest size, but I don't want it to feel too small.
    I didn't notice the length hanging me up at all, and I was on the XL. I'd demo different sizes and see what fits best. I definitely felt maxed out on the XL when I was climbing. But it felt really good on the decent. Higher rise bar + 35mm stem and I think it would've been $$$ and a comfortable all day pedaler. Tell Dave or Hunter at Grizzly that I sent you.

And I read in the Enduro World Cup PB comments that Rhys Verner was on the Druid this weekend.

Last edited by Gnar_Shralp406; 06-04-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Hmmm.... I've never heard anyone comment about them being long, and I definitely didn't notice it. The other bike I rode a lot last year was the Gnarvana, and the Druid is a good bit shorter (25mm or so, I think?) and it felt way more playful to me. I'm 5'11" with shorter legs and comfortably fit on the large. My only real nitpick was the seat tube length, and I could only fit a 160mm dropper.