Page 93 of 531 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 13255

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    It'll be a while before Italy lets you in..
    Don't remind me.

Strongly considering moving to Italy as a political refugee once they loosen restrictions.

Fox Gemini 150 trace. Rear shock bottoming out over really rocky sections. Will put more air in any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Ask the experts

Are Float volume spacers compatible with the Gemini???

You got me stumped, I’m a huge fan of dual position/ dial adjustable travel air springs in forks, but I don’t know shit about the Dyad or Gemini shocks.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Are Float volume spacers compatible with the Gemini???

You got me stumped, I’m a huge fan of dual position/ dial adjustable travel air springs in forks, but I don’t know shit about the Dyad or Gemini shocks.
    Manual just says just add air then cycle shock 10-20 times. Then set sag. I am having issues also with pedals too low which I hope is fixed after adjusting the shock. Gemini is dial chamber with hustle and flow switch which effectively used one or dual chamber pressures in the shock.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Want to know why Enduro racers run cushcore and DH tires? Watch the middle part of this video. Without a solid setup tires would get peeled off on this rock segment. Gnarly

https://youtu.be/YQbmqOwNA_Q
    I'm surprised there weren't 13 rear ders left behind in the grass at the end of the race. That little rock pinch seems perfectly placed to neatly trim them off the frame...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Manual just says just add air then cycle shock 10-20 times. Then set sag. I am having issues also with pedals too low which I hope is fixed after adjusting the shock. Gemini is dial chamber with hustle and flow switch which effectively used one or dual chamber pressures in the shock.

Adding air will increase your spring rate.
    You want to do that until your supportiveness and sag height feel about right.
    After you’ve done this, volume spacers increase spring ramp up at end of stroke - adding bottom out resistance. I know what the Gemini shock does, I just don’t know if it supports volume spacers because of the dual chamber design. Just add air and see if that does the trick - if it’s too stiff or supportive after adding air, or it feels good but you still have bottom out problems in heavy tech zones, then call Fox and ask if the shock supports volume spacers or not. Easy to install yourself watching videos, or a shop can do it in 30 mins.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

The proper way to tune a proprietary cannondale shock is to light it on fire, then attempt to recoup your losses by selling the ashes. Then buy something that doesn't have a stupid proprietary shock.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The proper way to tune a proprietary cannondale shock is to light it on fire, then attempt to recoup your losses by selling the ashes. Then buy something that doesn't have a stupid proprietary shock.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I feel this way about the specialized brain also.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I feel this way about anything made by specialized also.
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Fixed!
    Their new steerer tube tool holder thing is incredibly slick. And fun to play with, you swing the lid open and the tool pops out.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Their new steerer tube tool holder thing is incredibly slick. And fun to play with, you swing the lid open and the tool pops out.
    Sounds like Pez should expect a Cease & Desist

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Any ideas on what might be causing this creaking noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Pj...ature=youtu.be

I've noticed it over my last 2-3 rides. Hard to tell if it's the chain or something else... I did clean and lube the drive train (no degreaser but thorough scrub/wipe) on Sunday.
    don't even worry yourself about the creaking its a clear case of a new bike needed dude. If the wife doesn't understand add a new one of them to the shopping list as well

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Any ideas on what might be causing this creaking noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Pj...ature=youtu.be

I've noticed it over my last 2-3 rides. Hard to tell if it's the chain or something else... I did clean and lube the drive train (no degreaser but thorough scrub/wipe) on Sunday.
    Stock Stan's hub? If so I'd take your rear wheel and cassette off and inspect it. Warning, cassette may fall off in your hand when you take the wheel off. Again, if it is the stock stan's neo nub I would bet a 6 pack that either the axle is broken or the hub is exploded.

A good way to diagnose it is hold your rear brake and apply a LOT of pressure to the pedal with your hand (real heavy pressure) and you can hear the creak sound when you do that. If that's the case it is the hub.

Kinda like this.... I broke 2 axles in 2 months and know another Sentinel owner who pretty much exploded that neo hub. Note: Stan's customer service was beyond amazing in getting me replacements.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190804_083333.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	341045

Name:	Screenshot_20190817-201252_Messages.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	341050

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Stock Stan's hub? If so I'd take your rear wheel and cassette off and inspect it. Warning, cassette may fall off in your hand when you take the wheel off. Again, if it is the stock stan's neo nub I would bet a 6 pack that either the axle is broken or the hub is exploded.

A good way to diagnose it is hold your rear brake and apply a LOT of pressure to the pedal with your hand (real heavy pressure) and you can hear the creak sound when you do that. If that's the case it is the hub.

Kinda like this.... I broke 2 axles in 2 months and know another Sentinel owner who pretty much exploded that neo hub. Note: Stan's customer service was beyond amazing in getting me replacements.

Name:	20190804_083333.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	341045
    That's hilarious. I just blew the axle hub on my Stan's Flow/Neo hubs too. Looks almost identical. Stan's hooked up the warranty right quick though.
    sproing!

Hmmm, Stan's hubs are actually Novatecs, right? The wife's bike has Novatecs and has been making a persistent creaking sound, and it makes the noise while applying pressure to the pedals with the brakes locked up just like you describe. Among many other things, I did a basic hub service which seemed to fix it but it started creaking again after one ride. I'll pull the cassette again and look at the axle more closely, but it sounds like the hub is probably toast?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    That's hilarious. I just blew the axle hub on my Stan's Flow/Neo hubs too. Looks almost identical. Stan's hooked up the warranty right quick though.
    Probably overkill but this is what forced me to splurge for a CK rear hub, I don't care how good a warranty is I am not being caught 15 miles from the car in the mountains with a 32 lb bike to hike out. Maybe ok if your just into hot laps on stacked loops at the local trails. There are a lot of things that can go wrong on a bike that you can patch up, take the chain off and just descend but the idea of rear hub failures give me the shivers.

Probably overkill but this is what forced me to splurge for a CK rear hub, I don't care how good a warranty is I am not being caught 15 miles from the car in the mountains with a 32 lb bike to hike out. Maybe ok if your just into hot laps on stacked loops at the local trails. There are a lot of things that can go wrong on a bike that you can patch up, take the chain off and just descend but the idea of rear hub failures give me the shivers.
    Do you want me to tell you about how bad my CK hub creaks?

A friend just replaced the axle on a Stan's NEO hub too, that had cracked in half. He located a steel one rather than the stock aluminum one, said it didn't weigh much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Stock Stan's hub?
    Yes, assuming that's what comes stock on a 2019 GX Sentinel. I'll check it out tonight, appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    So even if the race is on we could be racing in tons of smoke?
    It looks like the Slater fire is really winding down, not too many hot spots left if looking at CalTopo with GOES fire overlay.
    Here's today's Sat loop, you can see some smoke near the CA/OR border, but not too bad all things considered.
    https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OLOR&length=72

We got some rain forecast for this week, hopefully enough for that NF district to reopen. I selfishly want to get down there this Friday actually with some of my peeps ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    It looks like the Slater fire is really winding down, not too many hot spots left if looking at CalTopo with GOES fire overlay.
    Here's today's Sat loop, you can see some smoke near the CA/OR border, but not too bad all things considered.
    https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OLOR&length=72

We got some rain forecast for this week, hopefully enough for that NF district to reopen. I selfishly want to get down there this Friday actually with some of my peeps ...
    Ok good to know, thanks. Looks like we will know tomorrow if we are racing.

Anyone running a Fox 36 with Push ACS3 coil conversion? New bike has this and for the most part it's pretty insane. Seriously plush at slower speed chunk or on high speed flow. I do have some knocking sound at speed definitely in the fork and it leaks oil pretty bad around the seal on the coil side of the fork. Don't know if this can be fixed with a lower leg service, or the knocking sound is from the coil conversion.

High speed chatter is pretty bad though, and I think this is the Grip damper and not having a Grip 2 instead. Suspension stuff hurts my brain. I am running rebound close to all the way open to keep it lively, but this has to make the high speed chatter worse, no?

Would a Grip 2 damper upgrade allow me to setup the fork to still have pop when I want to bunny over a rock, or pre-load for a double, but also slow the fork down in the high speed to cut down on the chatter?

1. Wife has the ACS3 in two bikes with Fox 36 forks and loves it. The smaller the rider, the more pronounced the advantage because of stiction and shit.
    2. Leaking seals means bad seals. The seller ignored the fork like we all do and now it needs attention. Open it up and change the oil before you ruin the uppers and internals. Change the seals or you'll be doing it again in a couple months. Send it off for a factory rebuild and you'll be doing the right thing.
    3. Upgrading the damper will probably help, but just servicing the damn thing will help waaaaaaaay more. Hard call since a factory rebuild is expensive anyway and always seems like a good time to upgrade shit and spend a bit more while they're doing the labor anyway.
    4. The dry sticky no oil fork is making your chatter worse. Fast rebound is what you want for high speed chatter, because it allows the fork to follow the surface and track the ground between little bumps. Slower (in your case stickier) rebound means that between small bumps, the fork is staying compressed and essentially jumping between bumps. Then slamming into each new bump.
    In closing; service your fork.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Agreed with above. The fork needs dust wiper/seal service ASAP.
    Also, get a RUNT before a Grip2.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Isn't a RUNT just an air spring upgrade and not have anything to do with the damper?

Lower leg service kit is ordered.

Funny, cause this bike was owned by a mechanic....I guess he neglected his own bike because he was wrenching on everyone else's all the time.