Page 141 of 524 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 13088

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Yep, and most importantly it's dry, while our local stuff is not there yet.
    Best to you and Rose!
    As is La Tierra. Rode there yesterday.
    Holy Mole' at Glorieta is still a week or so off but Cairn Me Up to Jagged Ax is supposed to be dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Ask the experts

DPX2 rebound slows with the first few clicks but then seems like the adjuster doesn’t do anything after that. Full slow is maybe a click shy of where I’d like it and isn’t nearly as slow as other shocks I’ve had. Am I missing something?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    DPX2 rebound slows with the first few clicks but then seems like the adjuster doesn’t do anything after that. Full slow is maybe a click shy of where I’d like it and isn’t nearly as slow as other shocks I’ve had. Am I missing something?
    Do you know what the tune ID is?
    Should be 4 letters and numbers

Enter here:https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike
    Copy info into thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    That sure sounds broked...

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Chalk it up as an early adopter failure. I didn't even remember CC doing BBs. My budget for BBs is the cheaper the better. Disposable as brake pads.
    Yeah. Ironically I sold my perfectly good Wheels Mfg BB to someone on TGR after I got the Hellbender Neo thinking, "Oh man, this thing's going to be indestructible." To their credit, I reached out to CC and even though I couldn't find my receipt, they're sending me a pair of new Hellbender 70 bearings for free. I'm going back to Wheels Mfg with their angular contact bearings, but given my track record at destroying bearings, I'll re-press the CC and keep it as a spare. And I should probably learn to repack headset and BB bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Do you know what the tune ID is?
    Should be 4 letters and numbers

Enter here:https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike
    Copy info into thread.
    Part number: 973-05-986
    Short ID: D8HM
    Description: 2021, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Guerrilla Gravity , Smash, 230, 60, 0.4 Spacer, CEC001, RLA014, Rezi M2+ L M+, Standard Logo

Ya know what is nice and slippery when applied, but gets sticky as it dries out? K-Y jelly. Not that I'm admitting to having an old tube in my shop; just sayin' it can sometimes be the perfect lube, but never for the original intent.
    hmm...interesting.

Ya know what is nice and slippery when applied, but gets sticky as it dries out? K-Y jelly. Not that I'm admitting to having an old tube in my shop; just sayin' it can sometimes be the perfect lube, but never for the original intent.
    Actually silicone glue would have a similar effect, but more so.
    That might be the second greatest use for silicone, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

What do I need to know for buying a new RaceFace Cinch chainring for a non boost bike?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What do I need to know for buying a new RaceFace Cinch chainring for a non boost bike?
    Cinch refers to the attachment system for installing a direct mount ring to Race Face cranks. Available from many different brands, Race Face, OneUp Chromag, Absolute Black etc.
    For a non boost set up you need a chain ring that specifically listed as "6mm offset" or "non-boost"
    When they are designed for Boost they have a 3mm offset. You do not want one of them.

Thanks Dee.

Talk me through this: purchase probably t-6 weeks. Looking for a short travel 29er.
    I have an sb165 I use for lapping Bellingham, tiger, raging, etc (areas with big tech but lappable), non adventure riding so to speak.)
    And a steel HT 27.5+ with 130 fork I use for foul weather, winter, mud and just fooling around.

Looking for to complement those with something for long days in the saddle, adventure high alpine type stuff (not bike packing), maybe a couple 25-30 mile races a year

Epic evo
    New Hei Hei
    Revel Ranger
    Spur
    Ripley

The two currently speaking to me are the hei hei and epic evo and both seem somewhat available-ish,
    Then probably tie between Spur and ranger - both seem unobtainable right now
    Then the ripley- not sure where ibis is at with production

The Spur I like in theory, and it’s damn sexy but it seems a little long and low and less playful which doesn’t seem like the right complement to my big bike which despite the small wheels is still more towards the brute force and straight line type fun

The ripley seems well loved but also kind of vanilla?

Ranger is a touch heavier, but that might not matter, also some have said the complexity and amount of pivots is asking for trouble?

Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud, has anyone rode multiple of these and can compare? Or maybe even 3-4?!

Thx
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

If you end up looking for a Ranger, I’ve got a large X01 kit in the shop.
    Can only speak to the Rascal, but with about 800 rugged miles on one since late last summer, I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with pivots/hardware. The assembly quality of the frames is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    If you end up looking for a Ranger, I’ve got a large X01 kit in the shop.
    Can only speak to the Rascal, but with about 800 rugged miles on one since late last summer, I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with pivots/hardware. The assembly quality of the frames is top notch.
    Good on ya, I’m a medium tho 5’9” on a good day with 28” Inseem and short arms)

Someone take him up!
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Sounds like Rangers are just becoming available. Revel seems to have frames on hand for each bike if you buy frame or frame/fork, but you may have to wait a while for full bike kits.

I have a spur, great bike. Probably would have bought a Ripley prior to spur's release if it had been obtainable. I did demo one and liked it. Both bikes felt similar to me. Haven't ridden a Ranger but demo'd a Rail and Rascal last year and liked both. I was able to pick up a spur pretty quickly calling around to shops that carry transition. Transition has been fulfilling shop orders over direct customer orders so sometimes shops get bikes in that are not spoken for.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those options. FWIW I plan to use the spur for light-ish duty bikepacking in addition to the high alpine/adventure ride type stuff. It's already proven itself great for those days. Only issue I've had is this bike can and wants to go fast so I end up blowing myself up on rides. On the old Mojo and hard tail I'd just plug/spin along at slower pace all day.

Based on my experience with a Ripmo, I'd strongly recommend the Ripley.
    However, based on my experience with Canfield's suspension, I'd strongly recommend the Revel.

Banshee Phantom built light would be a perfect long day bike for Western WA if your not afraid of alloy. Available locally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Talk me through this: purchase probably t-6 weeks. Looking for a short travel 29er.
    I have an sb165 I use for lapping Bellingham, tiger, raging, etc (areas with big tech but lappable), non adventure riding so to speak.)
    And a steel HT 27.5+ with 130 fork I use for foul weather, winter, mud and just fooling around.

Looking for to complement those with something for long days in the saddle, adventure high alpine type stuff (not bike packing), maybe a couple 25-30 mile races a year

Epic evo
    New Hei Hei
    Revel Ranger
    Spur
    Ripley

The two currently speaking to me are the hei hei and epic evo and both seem somewhat available-ish,
    Then probably tie between Spur and ranger - both seem unobtainable right now
    Then the ripley- not sure where ibis is at with production

The Spur I like in theory, and it’s damn sexy but it seems a little long and low and less playful which doesn’t seem like the right complement to my big bike which despite the small wheels is still more towards the brute force and straight line type fun

The ripley seems well loved but also kind of vanilla?

Ranger is a touch heavier, but that might not matter, also some have said the complexity and amount of pivots is asking for trouble?

Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud, has anyone rode multiple of these and can compare? Or maybe even 3-4?!

Thx
    Add the new all-carbon GG Trail Pistol to the mix.... and it will actually be available in the next 6 weeks (5-7 according to their website).

I've only ridden the previous version TP and the Ripley; the TP is basically a beefed-up, more rowdy Ripley. I liked the Ripley more for big 25+ mile rides, but I liked the TP for rougher terrain and "local loop" rides as it allowed me to push the bike more. I haven't ridden the Ranger, but I've ridden the Revel Rascal and absolutely loved the CPF suspension design... so I'd assume the Ranger is a lighter, smaller version of that bike. Which is awesome.

In 6 weeks will you be wishing you bought a bike 4 weeks ago?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

What do people think of 11 sp YBN chains? I saw an article that looked legit claiming they had some of the highest longevity for both elongation and roller wear ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    In 6 weeks will you be wishing you bought a bike 4 weeks ago?
    GG is pulling parts from existing stock. The wait is for them to build the frame.

I just got a Ranger frame, took about a week for my LBS to get it in. I live in NE so the Spur seemed a little more oriented to wider open spaces than the twisty, rooty world I live in. It's such a good looking bike I really had tight shorts for one. Ranger and Hei Hei might be closer in terms of geo.

Haven't ridden any Revel bikes but what I read about the CBF platform sounded good enough to take a flyer on it. Didn't consider the Epic Evo because it has an S on the front and I'm one of those guys. Building it with the SID suspension for starters but will probably throw the 130 fork from my hardtail on it to see how it behaves with that.

Same as you I've got a 27.5+ hardtail and a V2 Bronson so this was a bike to compliment the current stable.

Anyone know if there’s a difference in the m8100 and m8120 non-drive side crank arms, or is the difference all in the drive side?

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Anyone know if there’s a difference in the m8100 and m8120 non-drive side crank arms, or is the difference all in the drive side?
    The M8100/8120/8130 crankset can interchange the left side arms.
    The part number is the same across all of the cranks in the m81xx series:
    FC-M8100-1 EV
    FC-M8120-1 EV
    FC-M8130-1 EV

Rebound cap on Fox 38... does it screw or come straight off?

My slim jim coated hands are not making this easy