Page 84 of 531 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 13262

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    If that doesn’t work I have a couple 20mm x 110mm wheels I’d send you for actual shipping cost if they’ll work for you. One is an Easton Haven, the other’s an Azonic Outlaw, wider and beefier.
    Thanks, man... if this conversion doesn't work I might take you up on that.

My new frame budget just got nuked by some other life issues... I was going to pay $3k for a new plastic Tallboy, Following, Django, or similar frame....

What modern 29” ~130mm frame can I get for $1500.... Commencal? Stumpjumper? Process? Trance X?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    My wife showed up at home with this tonight. $400 bucks. XT drivetrain, Fox Float RP shock and F100 fork,Avid Juicy 5 brakes, new WTB tires and tune-up. Obviously nothing fancy but she’s just looking to get out on some Fall foliage singletrack and off her cross bike. Yay or nay, Experts?
    Hellz yeah. 4 hun gets you rolling on dirt. Go have fun. A dropper and a shorter stem are nice but not necessary at all. Youll figure out what works while youre out in the woods

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    My new frame budget just got nuked by some other life issues... I was going to pay $3k for a new plastic Tallboy, Following, Django, or similar frame....

What modern 29” ~130mm frame can I get for $1500.... Commencal? Stumpjumper? Process? Trance X?
    I dont see much from commencal with short travel. If you can sell your parts the alu yt jeffsy is a good deal. Cube is at lbs' and great deals. Canyon is worth a look. Not sure if either have frames

2020 Commencal Meta TR is on sale for $1099 right now (w/o rear shock). 130 mm travel. Good geo. Limited sizes left, so hopefully you're the correct size person for what they have.

They have large and xl in 29.

3.6 kg frame without shock though ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    3.6 kg frame without shock though ...
    light, cheap, durable. Per usual, it satisfies two of the criteria.

Ripmo AF is in that range, no?

Any suggestions for an ankle brace that works good for riding? Looking for the most lateral support and still being able to pedal. For reference, I have a Breg lace-up that the ortho gave me, but it is pretty restrictive and has too much going on with 2 sets of laces and 3 straps making it bulky to wear with shoes. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Any suggestions for an ankle brace that works good for riding? Looking for the most lateral support and still being able to pedal. For reference, I have a Breg lace-up that the ortho gave me, but it is pretty restrictive and has too much going on with 2 sets of laces and 3 straps making it bulky to wear with shoes. Thanks for any help.
    When i think of riders wearing ankle braces, the first thing i think of is Voreis. He's done some damage ovrer the years to put it mildly. Maybe you can find out which ones he uses on here

https://instagram.com/kirtvoreis_all...=1f2nf3v8yh38q

^Thanks! He's wearing some Supra Breaker Hightops. That style shoe with a low profile brace would probably do it.

Today on the What's That F&#king Creak Show:

BB bearings spin nice and smooth. Pulled the cranks and BB, greased and re-torqed everything. Also serviced the hub, re-torqed the cassette, and re-torqed suspension pivots and shock mounts.

Motor mount

not familiar with the breg brace specifically, but it looks similar to a bunch of braces ive had over the years

do the straps that wrap around and under your foot have any elasticity and stretch?

i found that braces that have stretch allow more consistent tension through your ankles range of motion which provides more constant support

however, it doesnt provide as much absolute support as braces with non elastic straps that can be locked down harder and have more of a full stop in the range of motion

i used the elastic type for a long time as i recovered from an ankle injury, it worked well for running and riding

now i use one that is not elastic to provide support in a "oh shit" role, where it isnt constant but there when i do something stupid on my dj bike

i ripped off the brand tag years ago, but i think i got my elastic one at walgreens, and the non elastic one at dicks sporting goods, although my next brace will probably be a space brace 2, which is big with the bmx crowd, https://thespacebrace.com/product-ca...s/ankle-brace/

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

BB bearings spin nice and smooth. Pulled the cranks and BB, greased and re-torqed everything. Also serviced the hub, re-torqed the cassette, and re-torqed suspension pivots and shock mounts.
    Checked chainring?

Otherwise, headset.

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    do the straps that wrap around and under your foot have any elasticity and stretch?
    Non elastic for under foot wraps and elastic for the top thick strap on mine. The spacebrace looks a little more refined than the Breg I was given by the doc. Thanks for link!

Der hanger?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

My guess is chain ring interface with the cranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I was running Michelin Wild Enduro 2.4 front and rear and then upped the beef to Assguy 2.5 WT DH casing front DHR II 2.4 DH casing rear.
    you happy with the shape of them on the 35mm rims? I dont personally know anyone running wider than 30 internals.
    How you find the Ass guy? why choose that over DHF?

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

I’m debating getting into the whole zwift smart trainer game for the winter and upcoming gym closures.... question is can I turn a “ dumb” trainer into a smart trainer by adding sensors? I don’t really want to dump 1k plus into a trainer....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I’m debating getting into the whole zwift smart trainer game for the winter and upcoming gym closures.... question is can I turn a “ dumb” trainer into a smart trainer by adding sensors? I don’t really want to dump 1k plus into a trainer....
    Zwift has a list of "Classic Trainers" that will average your power based on their resistance. Then you need a wheel speed and cadence and heart rate sensor.
    https://zwift.com/hardware

Active Ankles https://www.activeankle.com/products...le-braces.html

I've used the T2 extensively for volleyball and mtb. Works great. Can't comment on the other rigid/hinged designs but the T2 is quick to put on and adjust, and does not interfere with pedaling at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Chainring and hanger suggestions were good ones I hadn't tried, but both proved fruitless. It's definitely drivetrain though. I ordered a new BB on the off-hand chance that is the problem. Worst part is that this is the wife's bike.

Chainring and hanger suggestions were good ones I hadn't tried, but both proved fruitless. It's definitely drivetrain though. I ordered a new BB on the off-hand chance that is the problem. Worst part is that this is the wife's bike.
    I have an old set of XT 785 cranks that developed a creak kind of like that in the press-fit between the right arm and the axle.
    Try swapping out cranks. If you have an extra crankset laying around, it’ll add 2 minutes to the time it takes to swap the BB.
    U.P.: up

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    you happy with the shape of them on the 35mm rims? I dont personally know anyone running wider than 30 internals.
    How you find the Ass guy? why choose that over DHF?
    My Ripley has 35mm inner rims, running an Assegai front and Rekon rear. I'm ok with the tire shape, but TBH I'd change to lighter 30mm rims if I were inclined to spend the $$. I don't think 35 is actually better for me (I'm 138#), but I do get to run 18psi. I bet heavier people would appreciate the wider rims a bit more than I do.

The Assegai provides absolutely ludicrous traction, and doesn't have the weird no-knobs section like the DHF/R. Thus it works at any lean angle, which I like. I had one on the rear for a bit but it felt like there was tractor beam pulling be backwards, so I switched. The crazy grippy front and moderately grippy rear combo works well for me. I've also found the Assguy to be really durable--mine has about 1600mi on it now and I'm considering changing it, but it still works really well. (It's the Maxterra 3c EXO)
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.