Page 116 of 532 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 13297

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    people recommending beer nutritionally should post a pic of themselves that includes their gut
    Ha - ok ok, I have no gut, I promise, but I admit I don't drink more than a beer or two on any given day. I'm not a professional.

people recommending beer nutritionally should post a pic of themselves that includes their gut
    I'm hurt. You've met me in person, never thoughts you'd actually call me fat.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

hahaha beer it is!

I'm pretty sure I've seen some studies where they tested beer and NA beer alongside chocolate milk and some fancy recovery drinks and the NA beer beat everything else.

my evening cardio bike training mantra is "calories in, calories out"
    if you are the type of person that needs motivation to stay on your workout routine, i encourage you to try this technique
    i look forward to my workout every night!

Name:  KEFH1920.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  41.0 KBName:  LTIX4223.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  33.0 KBName:  IMG_3060.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  44.5 KBName:  IMG_2728.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  55.5 KBName:  IMG_2958.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  45.8 KBName:  MXPS8816.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  38.3 KB

The only thing this thread is doing is reminding me that northwest Montana has a shitty beer selection.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The only thing this thread is doing is reminding me that northwest Montana has a shitty beer selection.
    I think at last count, I have 14 breweries within a 15 minute walk of my house.

Also, I'm really good at drinking beer without doing anything to burn those calories off first.

I actually have a decent number of breweries close by, but most of them don't bottle. And I'm not sure I'd buy their bottles even if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen some studies where they tested beer and NA beer alongside chocolate milk and some fancy recovery drinks and the NA beer beat everything else.
    I tried Athletic beer (craft NA) just cuz it shipped from amazon and I was curious. some of their stuff is legitimately good beer tasting. it’s not the real thing obviously but I was shocked how drinkable it is.

Ask the experts

I tried Athletic beer (craft NA) just cuz it shipped from amazon and I was curious. some of their stuff is legitimately good beer tasting. it’s not the real thing obviously but I was shocked how drinkable it is.
    I may have to give it a go. Maybe it could replace my la croix problem? Do we have tk start a thread about this now?

Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I may have to give it a go. Maybe it could replace my la croix problem? Do we have tk start a thread about this now?
    I have bought it again since the first time, my coworkers are 2 time zones ahead of me and we have a happy hour that happens well before I (usually) want to imbibe. it’s nice to have something to fit the slot. it’s worth a try!

if you could legally get regular beer delivered in utah I would never have tried it, but I’m apparently more lazy than I ever guessed. and it’s no substitute for actual beer either. but it’s tasty

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    from racing experiance in france & belgium the neighbor coach has always recommended beer and titties
    Fixed. This is still TGR, right?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Damn this is so true. I have relatives in Montana and they are constantly bringing me beer to try. I have not yet been able to bring my self to tell them I’d rather have coconut LaCroix than that swill they are offering.

hah, literally just had the same thought then came across your comment.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I mean, it tastes like cheap suntan lotion

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

if you could legally get regular beer delivered in utah I would never have tried it, but I’m apparently more lazy than I ever guessed. and it’s no substitute for actual beer either. but it’s tasty
    If I could get Utah 3.2 beer delivered here that might be my recovery drink of choice! Utah was the cheap session state before $10 6 packs of session ales was even a thing!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

is there a difference in the shape of the brifters/hoods from left to right? I realize the shifting levers go in a particular direction, but if you were going singlespeed with hydraulic brakes, could you just use eg 2 left-brake apex hydraulic brifters, or do they have some sort of angling to them?

Yes the have some sort of angling to them.

TRP hylex seems to be the only hydro just brake lever?

if you are one of them " the BMI doesnt work for me types " carrying an extra 20-30 bs maybe you wana just stick to something with no calories and please

quit wearing lycra
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I agree that It's fairly equivocal regarding rehydration.

However, Alcohol consumption immediately following exercise is correlated with decreased adaptation to exercise.
    In other words, if you drink beer after exercise then you'll be less fit tomorrow than you would if you had a recovery beverage sans alcohol.

If I drink a few beers immediately after a ride, there's no question my legs feel shittier the next day.

Worth it though.

And you people drinking NA beers are fucking weird.

maybe try just drinking ONE beer ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe try just drinking ONE beer ?
    Don't be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    However, Alcohol consumption immediately following exercise is correlated with decreased adaptation to exercise.
    In other words, if you drink beer after exercise then you'll be less fit tomorrow than you would if you had a recovery beverage sans alcohol.
    Well, yeah, that's why the NA beer was the best. It makes sense since the carbs in beer are maltose, which is a glucose disaccharide.

Don't be ridiculous.
    yeah I know eh !