Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 310 311 312 313 314 315
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 7860

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Also a quick wipe down with rubbing alcohol applied to a microfiber towel has always worked well for me.
    This.

Wash your bike, rub it down, get all the crap off, then do a rubbing alcohol and lintless towel.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I donít really understand the appeal of frame saver.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

then its probably wasted on you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I donít really understand the appeal of frame saver.
    Sounds like a giant PITA to me.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I don’t really understand the appeal of frame saver.
    Are you buying a bike for resale value, and spend more time worrying about it condition.
    OR are you bike a bike to ride it as it was designed to be ridden.

About 10 rides in, all of our bikes have lost considerable value.
    My wife is particularly adept at scratching fork stanchions.

Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    About 10 rides in, all of our bikes have lost considerable value.
    My wife is particularly adept at scratching fork stanchions.

You better ride wrap those for her.

I put the cheap 4" wide 3M from the auto supply on the 5.5 for 25$, it doesnt cover the whole bike but it covers the places that are the most likely TO get scuffed like the top of top/ tube bottom of down tube/ seat and chain stays

I didnt plan to turn over a bike in < 3 yrs but due to covid & shit I did to get the highly sacrilegious E-bike and so i got a really good price for used Yeti from a decerning MD ( who else right?)

so iME its worth putting a 25$ roll of 3M on a new bike so I have done it on the new FAT bike and on the Bullit

I either got off unexpectedly or just hit the top tube with a muddy shoe but last week I got a big scratch on the top tube, so with a layer of 3 M I just rubbed it out with some alcohol on a rag and you can't tell

A 3m clad bike also washes up better

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Are you buying a bike for resale value, and spend more time worrying about it condition.
    OR are you bike a bike to ride it as it was designed to be ridden.
    yes

I did the full Ride Wrap on my new RLT a few weeks back and it's already paid for itself IMO. I've already put a few hundred miles of dirt mud and gravel on it, paired with bags of all types strapped to it. The paint is far better off with it on. Washes up easily and actually self-heals like they advertise. Ride it hard and have it look nice, best of both worlds. Those pack/feedbag straps can do a number on glossy paint in no time.

I did the wrap myself having worked as a professional auto detailer in my spare time the last few years where I did my share of ppf applications. The application definitely takes more time than WR says if you are anal retentive. There were 18 pieces to install, much much smaller than anything I've applied on vehicles. Good lighting was a must and proper squeegee technique helped. I think most ppl won't have the same results I did in applying the product tbh, it's not as easy as they make it out to be, at least for the full wrap. It takes patience and attention to detail.

I'm not a bike flipper so for me this was to keep the bike looking nicer over the duration of my time with it, however long that may be, and to protect it from heavy use of pack straps, velcro, dings, paint chips, gravel, etc. I will say that Niner's paint on their carbon bikes isn't the most resilient so that was a motivating factor for me. Ultimately I'd like to have a titanium bike but I can't justify that price right now so taking care of my shit is what I do. The wrap definitely adds a luster to the paint which I admire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RLTRDORideWrap.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	905.9 KB 
ID:	417600