Page 68 of 533 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 13303

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Didn't know that about aluminum rims. Air sneaking past the tape makes sense.

I actually have a bleeding edge tool so it sounds like I might okay.

Thanks all!

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much any welded metal on a bike will have those holes when the weld will seal off a compartment. Those little holes are pretty common to find on chainstays and seatstays as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Duh.

Reccos for particular trails/loops? Dispersed camping aka FS roads?
    Grouse, FOG, Spring Creek DH, Emerald Mountain, Fish Creek

Lots of dispersed camping north and west of town. Also, I believe, quite a bit south of town towards Yampa, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    This is true.

But it’s also true that you can’t cheat the laws of physics. New bikes are way more stable and have way more control at speed than old bikes do - but kinetic energy still equals 1/2 mass times velocity squared! You can only control so much of your mass, so you had better really control your velocity if you don’t want to get fucked up!
    Yeah, you cannot cheat physics but sometimes it feels like you can! I landed on my front tire today and 5+ years ago I would have face planted into the dirt. Today I rode away clean and hit the next one much better.

As a side note I saw two kids launch backies off a large red bull jump today. The second tweaked his out and they both landed smooth as butter. Very impressive to see live.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Grouse, FOG, Spring Creek DH, Emerald Mountain, Fish Creek

Lots of dispersed camping north and west of town. Also, I believe, quite a bit south of town towards Yampa, etc.
    Plus Hinmans / Scott’s run. See the Steamboat thread.

In general, are hydraulic disc calipers compatible with different levers, or are there weird manufacturer-specific considerations? (like can I take the brake unit from one brake and connect the tube to a different units lever?) and/or/also, can you use a brake designed for flat mount, like a SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic, and use it for a 160 or 180 rotor on a post mount frame?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    this is awesome, ty

Where to ride and or camp between SWMT and Eagle County, CO? I have to head to CO for some work stuff and trying to figure out where to ride and sleep on the way down. Preferably a place that isn't 9000* so western slope is probably out even though I love it there. (shit I might still go anyway). Leaving tomorrow afternoon or Saturday early AM.

Aspen area if I detour? Gotta be in Vail by about 10 or 11am on Sunday.
    Aspen’s REAL busy still, but the riding is good.

Depending on how you’re coming south: if through Vernal (some rides there) you can drop south from Rangely and hit Fruita, GJ or Palisade riding before trucking East to Eagle. It will be hot but no altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Heading down from Saratoga way. Way too hot to attempt western slope right now. Gonna try to sneak a ride in early tomorrow AM near Steamboat or somewhere in the evening near Summit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    <snip>
    Depending on how you’re coming south: if through Vernal (some rides there) you can drop south from Rangely and hit Fruita, GJ or Palisade

Heading down from Saratoga way. Way too hot to attempt western slope right now. Gonna try to sneak a ride in early tomorrow AM near Steamboat or somewhere in the evening near Summit.

Dude - do NOT go anywhere near Summit on a Saturday. You can thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude - do NOT go anywhere near Summit on a Saturday. You can thank me later.
    Literally have not stepped foot in Summit since I moved from there in 2010. Have to stop in for some work stuff. I assume the kook factor is all time now.

Literally have not stepped foot in Summit since I moved from there in 2010. Have to stop in for some work stuff. I assume the kook factor is all time now.

Ask fastfred - I don't go there any more.

Oh - and make SURE that you hit Lee's on the way from Summit to Eagle. I'd also recommend Pauly's.

What to ride this afternoon near Leadville? Sitting in Safeway parking lot done for the day and going to disperse camp somewhere south of here.

What to ride this afternoon near Leadville? Sitting in Safeway parking lot done for the day and going to disperse camp somewhere south of here.

https://www.strava.com/routes/766022
    ?

Doing a 50hr lower leg service and new debonair 180mm air shaft install. At the end of the install i put 10(cc or ml) in each leg for lubrication. Pdf says to use "rock shox Ow-30". Is that just 30w fork oil? All the charts list oil weights pretty obvious like 5w or 10w etc but then they throw an "Ow-30" in there with no description of the product

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Doing a 50hr lower leg service and new debonair 180mm air shaft install. At the end of the install i put 10(cc or ml) in each leg for lubrication. Pdf says to use "rock shox Ow-30". Is that just 30w fork oil? All the charts list oil weights pretty obvious like 5w or 10w etc but then they throw an "Ow-30" in there with no description of the product

Rock Shox offers their 0W-30 in really small containers, like 4-6oz (I think that’s about 175ml in the rest of the world) for less than $10. Most LBS’s will have that on their shelves.

I guess you could use 30wt synthetic motor oil too, but I’d seek out the correct stuff.

Edit: those containers are 120ml

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Rock Shox offers their 0W-30 in really small containers, like 4-6oz (I think that’s about 175ml in the rest of the world) for less than $10. Most LBS’s will have that on their shelves.

I guess you could use 30wt synthetic motor oil too, but I’d seek out the correct stuff.
    Ok thanks for that. Ill have to try and find some tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok thanks for that. Ill have to try and find some tomorrow

They sell larger containers too that come in handy if you have multiple bikes and/or ride a lot and need to service the lowers more often. https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-0W-30-Suspension-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by meepmoop24 View Post
    They sell larger containers too that come in handy if you have multiple bikes and/or ride a lot and need to service the lowers more often. https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-0W-30-Suspension-Oil
    Lbs poured some out of their bulk container. $3.70 and i have enough for another service. They didnt have an extra large container to sell. All good.
    New debonair air shaft together with being 10mm higher plus added hieght because it sets higher with the new debonair shaft is a game changer. More relaxed from the get go. Improved travel stroke and support but the biggest thing was the front end height. Relaxed with my weight back and able to look farther ahead and weight the front more comfortable. Took a few $ to get the front higher with the short headtube(and resulting steerer) but done deal. New debonair shaft is a noticeable improvement. Couple more setting tweaks but close

I know there are known issues with Sram brakes.... is the issue basically the lever turns to shit in the heat and it’s on/off with no modulation?? I’ve bled them, no issue, work decent in the cold but in the sun it’s a nightmare. Was there ever officially a recall on them? Sram guide R for reference

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Was there ever officially a recall on them? Sram guide R for reference

Yes, but it was several years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Yes, but it was several years ago.
    Damn, betting I’ll have no luck then. Guess I’ll just stay out of the sun till I can get a new pair ( of brakes) in the off season

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Damn, betting I’ll have no luck then. Guess I’ll just stay out of the sun till I can get a new pair ( of brakes) in the off season

Time for night rides? Or tape a blue ice pack on each brake lever?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Time for night rides? Or tape a blue ice pack on each brake lever?
    Luckily it is my hardtail so doesn’t get as much use as my FS and it’s the rear, so maybe just less speed scrubbing? Nothing but throwing dirt on berms??? Haha