Page 415 of 531 FirstFirst ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 13258

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    This is about as cheap as it gets. No experience with this product but a wire rack style wardrobe was exactly my first thought based on your needs. You might be able to find the right size sterlite clear tubs to use as drawers on some of those shelves to hold small bike stuff.

https://a.co/d/dpeJqv8
    Yeah thought of that, I think that’s not quite sturdy/robust enough for what I want to do…… price is nice tho, willing to maybe go 100-150-ish? Maybe I need a trip to Lowe’s and just start building something
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Ask the experts

You could get some sturdy shelves for 100 or 150 easy, then just add s hooks around to hang stuff as needed.

In my garage I have a few shelves that have a clothes rod that goes underneath which is nice as well. Helmets and shoes up top, clothes hang, and I toss gloves and socks into mesh bags

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Yeah thought of that, I think that’s not quite sturdy/robust enough for what I want to do…… price is nice tho, willing to maybe go 100-150-ish? Maybe I need a trip to Lowe’s and just start building something
    Hardware store wire rack shelves are extremely sturdy and not much more expensive, and you can set the shelf height to your desire for being able to hang things. Though I liked how the one I linked has the shelves on the left and the hanging bars on the right.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    On longer rides my circumcised penis sometimes turns into a nub. Kind of turns inside out, or maybe more like I'm not circumcised anymore. Pubic hair gets sucked in with the penis head and it kind of sucks untangling the rat's nest and having to milk the head back out when I have to take a piss. Only happen cycling and I think I have a normal dick. Not trolling. Any experts have this problem and fix it?
    If I were to take this seriously:

1) talcum powder
    2) get a long enough dick to place it to one side of the other
    3) manscape

Your post is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I have 0-w30 rock shox oil. Gonna pull lowers, new seals, pull air spring on my shit zeb. Do I "need" the special suspension fluid above the air spring?

Alternative to the 38mm seal pusher tool?

I'm gonna get by on this fork until I buy a new one.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Stanchion tubes could be misaligned. My friend Diaz recently told me they are only seeing about 25% of folks with good alignment out of the factories. "Good" is a relative definition and Diaz is a bit of a perfectionist.

So moral of story: send your fork to Diaz suspension designs or equivalent. Could be misaligned stanchions/lowers or even a bent stanchion. Zeb is a good fork. Some people prefer the pre-buttercuos model. I don't remember which one you have.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Stanchion tubes could be misaligned. My friend Diaz recently told me they are only seeing about 25% of folks with good alignment out of the factories. "Good" is a relative definition and Diaz is a bit of a perfectionist.

So moral of story: send your fork to Diaz suspension designs or equivalent. Could be misaligned stanchions/lowers or even a bent stanchion. Zeb is a good fork. Some people prefer the pre-buttercuos model. I don't remember which one you have.

Interesting.

- I pulled lowers and pulled air spring assembly.
    - Airspring didn't have buttloads of grease. Just a little bit. Cleaned it off and put slick honey on. Maxima 7.5wt below the airspring (supposedly equivalent to Maxima Plush "Light". Fox 20wt Gold on top of the airspring. I guess this will work. Maxima Plush "Heavy" is a 30wt apparently.
    - Cleaned lowers......installed new wipers/foam. 0-w30 in the lowers.

I guess it feels a bit better riding around the neighborhood. I probably should bleed the damper though. I swear going full compression or no compression feels exactly the same on the lower end RC damper. Who knows.

On longer rides my circumcised penis sometimes turns into a nub. Kind of turns inside out, or maybe more like I'm not circumcised anymore. Pubic hair gets sucked in with the penis head and it kind of sucks untangling the rat's nest and having to milk the head back out when I have to take a piss. Only happen cycling and I think I have a normal dick. Not trolling. Any experts have this problem and fix it?
    Have you tried drinking piss?

User name checks out.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Have you tried drinking piss?
    This is the way

In case anyone else runs across this, a few weeks back I asked here for likely culprits on creaking while seated pedaling on my SC Nomad. Culprit was seatpost shim adapter (30.9-31.6), as I thought might be the case. I originally used a cheap, silver Problem Solvers shim. I thought that since it was shiny & smooth, it might not have enough grip. I tried carbon assembly compound outside it and grease inside it, and it quieted the creak for a bit but it came back. I then replaced it with a black anodized Cane Creek shim, again with carbon assembly compound outside and grease inside, and it's been silent ever since.

This is the way

It is known

When i got the brand new yeti 5.5 it was twice as much $ as I had ever paid for a bike and it still squeaked

But not standing up so i tried every thing from grease to teflon tape and the only thing that worked is the carbon assembly paste

another guy who bought a 5.5 at the same time also had a squeaking seat post also fixed by carbon paste

get some
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

OK so I put down a pretty good time on my local "test track" today. Bike still shudders like it wants to throw me off the track.

I made one adjustment before the dh. Slowed down fork rebound a few clicks. Maybe it helped a bit....idk.

How much of this crazy shuddering could be damper related?

Airspring? I'm running one token. 50psi. 30% sag.

I'm fucking mystified.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    OK so I put down a pretty good time on my local "test track" today. Bike still shudders like it wants to throw me off the track.

I made one adjustment before the dh. Slowed down fork rebound a few clicks. Maybe it helped a bit....idk.

How much of this crazy shuddering could be damper related?

Airspring? I'm running one token. 50psi. 30% sag.

I'm fucking mystified.

30% sounds like a decent amount of sag...

Sometimes you get more into the progressive part of the curve to start so you'll feel that ramp up.
    It's counter intuitive but a little more air MAY help.

That's what I did in the back end of my megatower to get it to feel a little less 'harsh'
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If I were to take this seriously:

1) talcum powder
    2) get a long enough dick to place it to one side of the other
    3) manscape

Your post is ridiculous

I think the only useful advice so far is the manscape. Wright or wrong I pull the junk straight up and not left or right. I think the problem is chamois tip/penis tip interference and too flexible spandex as often found in liner shorts vs dedicated standalone spandex shorts.

What short/chamois brands have a more elongated, thinner cup/codpiece up front?

I have probably the most average body size 5'10", 165lbs size 9.5 foot and average dink. Assuming I'm loosing dick circulation on longer rides and it shrinks a bit.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    30% sounds like a decent amount of sag...

Sometimes you get more into the progressive part of the curve to start so you'll feel that ramp up.
    It's counter intuitive but a little more air MAY help.

That's what I did in the back end of my megatower to get it to feel a little less 'harsh'
    So I'm starting to realize this harshness if coming from the fork for sure and not the rear end. The harshness/shuddering then causes a weird see-saw shuddering and the whole bike feels unplanted like a bucking bronco. I'm not even using full travel so I don't think it's a "not enough air/fork packing up" scenario.

I just grabbed two more tokens from the shop to see if that somehow helps. Fuck.

I would just get a new fork, start fresh. There are deals to be had.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

30% fork sag is way too much, especially on an old model Zeb, which didn't have much mid-stroke. You should be running 20% tops. Your bike probably feels harsh because you're in the bottom of the stroke all the time. Running a shitload of sag and a ton of volume tokens is just bad.

Almost every bike out there is designed around running ~30% rear sag, 20% front sag. (Static sag. I am assuming you're not running a fancy data acquisition system that's telling you dynamic sag, in which case 30% front/rear is normal.)

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Running a shitload of sag and a ton of volume tokens is just bad.
    This.

Apparently the fork is shitty; I can’t comment on that.

But pump the fork up to get a more reasonable amount of sag so that you’re not running in the highly progressive part of the spring curve so much of the time.

If at that new pressure you aren’t bottoming out ever, then you could consider taking out the volume spacer (though a single spacer obviously isn’t excessive…)

WRG, do you have access to a shockwiz? If not, I’ve got one in SLC I’d lend ya for a cold tall boy if you wind up this way

I'm pretty sure I don't ride near as hard as WRG, but I tend to prefer slightly higher pressures (less sag), and also fewer tokens (like 1 less than whatever the factory recommended or shipped the fork with pre-installed). I also tend to use very little compression damping and moderately quick rebound - not pogo stick wide open, but a long way away from packing down on repeated impacts.

YMMV?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Has anyone tried shorts with the chamois deleted in the front? Might be thinking about this backwards.

Link https://www.bn3th.com/products/north...er-short-black
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

I remain of the opinion that the zeb airspring is meh. You can have compliance or you can have support, but you cannot have both. And the middle ground is underwhelming. Supposedly that's better on the new ones - haven't ridden one yet. But on the older ones, I think it's pretty easy to go chasing down goofy rabbit holes trying to find a ride feel that just doesn't really exist. I'm sure that's all compounded by a mediocre damper on the Select models. And it certainly could be compounded further by some alignment and/or bushing issues.

Has anyone tried shorts with the chamois deleted in the front? Might be thinking about this backwards.

Link https://www.bn3th.com/products/north...er-short-black
    I have wore their underwear for 15+ years, and I have a few of their chamois. They are great, give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm pretty sure I don't ride near as hard as WRG, but I tend to prefer slightly higher pressures (less sag), and also fewer tokens (like 1 less than whatever the factory recommended or shipped the fork with pre-installed). I also tend to use very little compression damping and moderately quick rebound - not pogo stick wide open, but a long way away from packing down on repeated impacts.

YMMV?
    MMDNV (my mileage does not vary).