Page 181 of 530 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 13248

Thread: Ask the experts

Can anyone recommend for (or against) a specific mini-pump to mount next to a water bottle? Bonus if it doubles as a shock pump but not strictly necessary.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    do digital pumps need a battery ?
    Do robots dream of electric sheep?
    Last edited by rideit; 05-12-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Do robots dream of sheep?
    Or of origami unicorns come to life?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Just another data point, but my buddy put a pair of 2.4 Conti Kaisers on his 25mm rear wheel. Burps like crazy. Granted, we tend to run slightly lower pressures around here. Works ok now, but he has to run 24-25psi, while I rund 21psi, on a 30mm rim.

If you want to run higher pressures, nevermind
    If it's like Conti's of yore, that's a HUGE volume tire.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Or of origami unicorns come to life?
    is it farther to Toronto than by bus ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I'm certainly not Jesse either, but yeah. It's not like there are trails that I ride regularly where it's not enough bike for me to manage or anything, but I mostly ran it in the slackest position and the long chainstay setting and still wouldn't mind it being a bit longer and more stable sometimes. Obviously that would come with some tradeoffs when it comes to the trail bike-y versatility, but for a 160mm travel enduro sled, I'd take that tradeoff, personally.

I still think it's a really good bike for a lot of people, but it's not 100% my personal favorite. Just comes down to geometry, and the fact that I don't really want or need my enduro bike to be as versatile as it is. I'm also a little bit between sizes, on the L / XL divide.
    you considers a slacker head set?

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    you considers a slacker head set?
    I'd be tempted to try one if it were my personal bike, but it's not — just been testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Can anyone recommend for (or against) a specific mini-pump to mount next to a water bottle? Bonus if it doubles as a shock pump but not strictly necessary.
    I have only found one mini pump that doubles as a shock pump but would love to found out that my search terms are poor and there are lots. The one that I referenced just arrived from China this week. Initial thoughts are that the shock pump functionality is fine. It comes with Schrader as standard and you have to use an adapter for presta. Not moving that so far but only partially inflated one tire as a test so more testing is needed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sorta belongs in shower thoughts Reddit thread, but if we ever switched off the metric system would we start naming tires differently?!? 29/27.5/26 and 2.x?!? That’s like a black hole for marketers to fill us with more bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I also agree, especially the 12s SRAM stuff.
    The 12s chainrings wear so fast, you can go through 3 chainrings on one chain.
    2,000 miles on an absolute black 28t oval just by using a chain checker and changing as soon as it hit 0.5%. Been through quite a few chains.

Still works great.

SRAM 12 speed for reference

In terms of SRAM eagle 12sp stuff, if you were starting at certain level (say GX) and upgrading components individually, what is the most bang for the buck vs the least? Cassette, derailleur, chain, shifter, ?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    In terms of SRAM eagle 12sp stuff, if you were starting at certain level (say GX) and upgrading components individually, what is the most bang for the buck vs the least? Cassette, derailleur, chain, shifter, ?
    What are you looking to accomplish by upgrading? There's a lot of weight to be saved from the cassette, if you want that. If you're after better shifting, the shifter will make the biggest difference, followed by the derailleur. Assuming your derailleur is in decent shape. If it's bent, even subtly, just putting a new GX one on will help.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Sorta belongs in shower thoughts Reddit thread, but if we ever switched off the metric system would we start naming tires differently?!? 29/27.5/26 and 2.x?!? That’s like a black hole for marketers to fill us with more bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean like the ISO (International Organization Standardization) sizing? 29er or 700c is actually 622mm.

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I bought a One Up 100cc pump based on Pinkbike’s shootout. It’s the only mini pump I haven’t hated using. Won’t work for high pressure applications like a shock though.

You mean like the ISO (International Organization Standardization) sizing? 29er or 700c is actually 622mm.
    Of course, but now 29er doesn't mean anything. Don't see mountain bike tires width ever measured in anything but freedom units. 650b but is what 584mm. ISO isn't too far everything else in the bike industry when it comes from standards.

I'm pretty sure you will see some funny numbers on a mtb tire that pertain to metric?

if yer into that whole brevity thing

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I bought a One Up 100cc pump based on Pinkbike’s shootout. It’s the only mini pump I haven’t hated using. Won’t work for high pressure applications like a shock though.
    thats the thing a mini pump may be small but sooner or later you will have to use it

but we were talking suspension pumps, I'm pretty sure you are gona want a pump that is good to 300 Psi for modern suspension, i think my old pump from 15 yars ago was only 150psi

Is Gamut out of business? I've been scouring the web for a spare bash for my Trail XR, and striking out. Alternatively, anyone had any luck fabbing their own with a chunk of Lexan or such? Or am I better off without it entirely, and just buying a half dozen sacrificial 28t chainrings off of Aliexpress?

It's not going to save a ton of weight or make a particularly noticeable difference in shifting quality, but XO1 chains last a lot longer than GX chains.

Cassette for weight, for better shifting change to shimano

Anyone have experience with Bontrager DropLock? Dual dropper and rear lockout levers on one mount.

My Izzo came with RockShox TwistLoc and that unit was DOA... YT has quickly sent a replacement, but I'm not stoked on the grip+button setup. I'm not opposed to mounting a lockout lever on the bar, but the Bontrager option seems like a pretty solid compromise and same price as the TwistLoc they sent me.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Shimano 12 speed chains worn out with less than .75% wear?

My chain checker only measures .75 or 1 and my chain is slow to downshift to smaller cogs. Cassette good, brand new cable and housing, clutch serviced, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Shimano 12 speed chains worn out with less than .75% wear?

My chain checker only measures .75 or 1 and my chain is slow to downshift to smaller cogs. Cassette good, brand new cable and housing, clutch serviced, etc.
    Chain should be fine.
    Check B tension and then adjust cable barrel 1-2 clicks clockwise.
    Then buy Shimano TL-CN42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Chain should be fine.
    Check B tension and then adjust cable barrel 1-2 clicks clockwise.
    Then buy Shimano TL-CN42.
    I actually put locktite on the B screw last year so it never moves now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What sort of lube should I use on the shock mount bushings? Fucker is creaking like a grandpa's knee. Bonus points if I can get it at the regular hardware store.