Page 294 of 524 FirstFirst ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 13088

Thread: Ask the experts

Cleaning off my workbench and I found this thing. Looks almost like a shark fin chain deflector from the late 1980s.

It's very light, seems to be pure carbon fiber, no metal in it. There are two small bolts with it.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Front derailleur replacer?

Why do bikes usually have presta valves instead of schraeder?

Tradition and rotating weight, primarily.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

El chup -
    It goes on the bottom of your chainsaw to keep the chain from getting weird if it throws off the bar. Not sure carbon is the best option there though.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    For the perception of higher performance.

I do like how pv's don't retreat back into the rim when you shove a pump head on, but, nothin stopping us from making full thread shrader valves

Stan’s Schraeder valves are full thread with a nut.

Name:  457DAFAA-A230-49AF-A971-121B554079B6.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  43.5 KB

Is one better for sealants?

Probably about the same, Schraeder might be easier to clean?

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Front derailleur replacer?
    It could be screwed onto the place where a derailleur would mount, but only with one of the screw holes. And the shape doesn't make sense for just being a cover plate.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    El chup -
    It goes on the bottom of your chainsaw to keep the chain from getting weird if it throws off the bar. Not sure carbon is the best option there though.
    The only chainsaw I have is an electric one on a pole for pruning, from Harbor Freight, so am guessing it's not part of that...

That's the battery cover plate for an AnalVibe Blaster 9000, they tend to come loose with heavy use so best to have a spare on hand

Not very confident this will work for you, but there are bar code scanning apps for your phone you could try. Seems more likely to work with popular products, but I really have no idea how the databases they pull from work.

Or just trust Danny. Sounds like the voice of experience.

(looks like some sort of anti-chain suck thing to me)

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    After the dropping of all them perfectly serviceable rifles by the french, one last stab at world domination
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

How hard is a rebuild of a 2020 DHX2 (coil). Getting the 165 ready for spring/summer, doing fork seals myself, but never tackled a rear shock.

I can do all my own bike maintenance except wheel build/rebuild and linkage bearing pressing (can do BB and headsets).

Thanks
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    How hard is a rebuild of a 2020 DHX2 (coil). Getting the 165 ready for spring/summer, doing fork seals myself, but never tackled a rear shock.

I can do all my own bike maintenance except wheel build/rebuild and linkage bearing pressing (can do BB and headsets).

Thanks
    Hard.

Just send it to someone.

But here's the instructions if you're interested: https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=683

Say Schrader, Frenchy, say it
    "Shray-daire"

Hard.

Just send it to someone.

But here's the instructions if you're interested: https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=683
    Thanks man. I take you at your word willl send out
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Experts: is there any downside to using a SRAM lunar derailleur on a 10-50 cassette? Is the cage longer? And therefore even lower to the ground?

Google tells me that it'll work fine on both the 50 and 52 cassettes, but I don't really need a 52T low gear, and don't want a 10 tooth jump for that last cog.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Experts: is there any downside to using a SRAM lunar derailleur on a 10-50 cassette? Is the cage longer? And therefore even lower to the ground?

Google tells me that it'll work fine on both the 50 and 52 cassettes, but I don't really need a 52T low gear, and don't want a 10 tooth jump for that last cog.
    Cage length is the same. Only difference is that the top cog is offset from the main cage pivot a bit more. So, to answer your question, it's fine. No downside other than maybe price.

Cage length is the same. Only difference is that the top cog is offset from the main cage pivot a bit more. So, to answer your question, it's fine. No downside other than maybe price.
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Does a simple lever bleed work/do anything on new Code R brakes?

Brand new brakes. 20 miles. Been bled twice by me. Still seem squishy as hell. More than other codes I have run.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Running it on two bikes with a 50t. Performs better than the last gen with 50 or 52. I don't like the big jump to the 52 either, and also don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Does a simple lever bleed work/do anything on new Code R brakes?

Brand new brakes. 20 miles. Been bled twice by me. Still seem squishy as hell. More than other codes I have run.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The Code R is a totally different animal than the RSC. No swing link which means longer through vs. piston travel and also less power. Not sure there's any helping them. I'd just buy some RSCs and sell the Rs compete. Or get something else but to me it's tough to beat the RSCs.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Running it on two bikes with a 50t. Performs better than the last gen with 50 or 52. I don't like the big jump to the 52 either, and also don't need it.

The Code R is a totally different animal than the RSC. No swing link which means longer through vs. piston travel and also less power. Not sure there's any helping them. I'd just buy some RSCs and sell the Rs compete. Or get something else but to me it's tough to beat the RSCs.
    Lever bleed helped. I'm gonna just order the RSC levers. My old bike had RSC and I should have swapped these Rs to the old bike before selling it.

Considering adding a water bottle cage inside the front triangle of a bike that is not designed for this (Canfield Riot). Whether or not even the tiniest bottle will fit is one thing, but does anyone have recommendations for a strap-on water bottle cage that stays put on a mountain bike? What about this Fidlock thing? https://www.jensonusa.com/Fidlock-15...Uni-Base-Smoke
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike