Page 376 of 530 FirstFirst ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 13244

Thread: Ask the experts

Thanks again, I’ll drop at the shop when I’m done with it next week.
    crab in my shoe mouth

My guess is, there’s no way to know bearing info until you pull them, so they can be measured. Unless there’s some identifying info on them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I assume its not a CaneCreek expander. The only CaneCreek model is the Ancora, which has a lip that sit on top of the steerer tube.
    The purpose of an expander plug is to internally support the steerer tube from the stem clamp crushing the tube. Typically used on a carbon steerer tube. Most steel steerer have a star nut hammered into the tube.

If your expander does not have a lip and sits inside the steerer (sounds like it is because it fell down) you just need to set the expander plug low enough so your top cap fits without contact, and not so low that its below the supporting space of where your stem clamps.
    You dont need to overthink this one, its sole purpose it to allow you to preload the headset bearings. Its not a critical failure clamp.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

Anybody have a hard tail 27.5 frame laying around l? I’ve got a Fox 36 Factory in 160 and a set of Nextie/DT350 wheels laying around and now the 27.5 market has collapsed, I’d maybe get $700 for the both of them. I’d rather build up a cheap hard tail for a change of pace from my big Ripmo.

Flat pedal shoe for someone who loves giro chamber2 and giro bike shoe fit in general (narrow, lower volume IMO) but hasnt been impressed with giro’s flat shoe offerings?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    That sounds exactly like what I was thinking. Thanks guys.
    That was post 8074 from June.
    I was referring to toast and dee hubs. The wheel I built was a 24h 3x cx-ray w/ Light Bicycle AM930 on a Lefty 50 hub. Kinda funny, I only built it 3X because the shop assumed 3X for some reason, and ordered that length. I figured it wasn’t worth it to return those and wait for the length for 2X to come in. The wheel works great I rode this wheel hard for the rest of the summer and loved it…so I built up three more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1667779179.890822.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	432670
    -Onyx Vesper Ceramic, cx-ray, AM930
    -Chris King, cx-ray, AM930
    - Old Stan’s SS, cx-ray, AMS930

So thanks again guys.
    BTW, I like building wheels, it’s pretty satisfying.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Will the 36t ratchet from my 2019 DT350 fit in a new DT370 (the new ratchet model not the old pawl one).

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Flat pedal shoe for someone who loves giro chamber2 and giro bike shoe fit in general (narrow, lower volume IMO) but hasnt been impressed with giro’s flat shoe offerings?
    Tried a few on. Went 5.10 like a basic bitch. Should work for my reintro to flats.

Looking to upgrade my mt500 spray pants to something more like a 3L. The new full waterproof trousers from endura got terrible reviews which is sad since the jacket and old pants are so rockstar.

Anyone with
    7’mesh thunder
    FOX Ranger 3L
    FOX Defend 3L
    Patagonia DIRT Roamer STORM

Care to compare. Def looking for more waterproof than less. PNW winter siding type stuff
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Just rode with Ranger 3L pants this weekend in the rain in OR. They wetted through in the ass and back/insides of legs. Basically anywhere where there was contact with saddle.

In contrast, my Specialized Neoshell jacket stayed perfectly dry, even with a pack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Just rode with Ranger 3L pants this weekend in the rain in OR. They wetted through in the ass and back/insides of legs. Basically anywhere where there was contact with saddle.

In contrast, my Specialized Neoshell jacket stayed perfectly dry, even with a pack on.
    Excellent beta

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Anyone ever use any adhesive with a new headset install? I cant remember what the old lbs said they used. One lbs put my works hs in crooked and the next lbs reinstalled it with some type of adhesive. Think ill buy a headset press and do this one my self

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Carbon steerer tube? If so I would use carbon assembly paste on the tube.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I put grease on the bearings, cups, crown race, wedge, then make sure the steer tube where the stem clamps on is clean and dry. Regardless of fork steerer, frame material or bearing cups or bearings directly in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    this
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Anyone ever use any adhesive with a new headset install? I cant remember what the old lbs said they used. One lbs put my works hs in crooked and the next lbs reinstalled it with some type of adhesive. Think ill buy a headset press and do this one my self

You’re talking about when pressing the headset into the frame?

Possible they were talking about retaining compound:

https://www.parktool.com/en-us/produ...-compound-rc-1

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Will the 36t ratchet from my 2019 DT350 fit in a new DT370 (the new ratchet model not the old pawl one).
    It actually would have fit in the old one for sure.. not sure about the new one.

EtA, I'd have to imagine so. The old shells were all basically the same between 350 and 370, so I can't imagine them designing a new shell for the new internals, that are the same as the internals from their other lines.

But it is the bike industry.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Thanks ,probably in most common applications thatd be the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    You’re talking about when pressing the headset into the frame?

Possible they were talking about retaining compound:

https://www.parktool.com/en-us/produ...-compound-rc-1
    Yes that must be it. It was a glue/epoxy type product and that description fits with what they used. Thanks for that

Are one up dropper posts known for having a ton of play? - I know all posts rock a bit when fully down , but this one seems to rattle a shit ton,

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Are one up dropper posts known for having a ton of play? - I know all posts rock a bit when fully down , but this one seems to rattle a shit ton,
    I haven't noticed any of mine to have excessive play. My oldest Oneup has a bit more play than the fresh ones, but it's not excessive, and they definitely don't rattle audibly. There are brass keyways in there that can wear down over time - they're replaceable, and I bet that'd fix your issue.

I have heard rattle complaints on pinkbike about oneup posts but have not experienced any myself. That said, the lockring that goes around the shrader valve can loosen up causing some vertical play.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I haven't noticed any of mine to have excessive play. My oldest Oneup has a bit more play than the fresh ones, but it's not excessive, and they definitely don't rattle audibly. There are brass keyways in there that can wear down over time - they're replaceable, and I bet that'd fix your issue.
    Thx to both of the replies. Will investigate

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I feel dumb asking this question, but what do you describe as a "drop"?

I always though of a drop as something that you were necessarily going to have both wheels off the ground at once. But I read trail descriptions and they reference things like foot and a half drops. I can roll a 18 in 90 degree step without worry if necessary, so I never considered it a drop. Have I been misleading people when I tell them that certain trails don't have any drops?

Thx to both of the replies. Will investigate
    1 of our 4 has a lot more slop than the others. This should so the trick assuming you have a v2.

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/prod...19543715446881
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

What you're describing is a droplet, a term I first heard used by a certain trailbuilding ER nurse in Moab.

Droplet, I love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.