Page 51 of 525 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 13112

Thread: Ask the experts

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    10 Minutes off my time on a very short downhill makes no sense at all. I have been breaking PRs on every other ride all season and then try new speed sensor and I am off by 10 minutes on every segment?

Hate packs. I’ve enjoyed the swat box for carrying minimalist tools on spesh stumpjumper. Any other bikes like that with built in storage?

Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Don’t you want to get laid, maaan?
    Maybe there’s a combo shock pump/penis pump out there?

After pouring over geo numbers for different bikes, decided to try out the medium ripmo. Should hopefully fit/ride somewhat inbetween how the medium sb5.5 and large sb5.5 fit for me. Also hopefully will give me a decent upright stance for my back without needing a stem riser. We’ll see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Hate packs. I’ve enjoyed the swat box for carrying minimalist tools on spesh stumpjumper. Any other bikes like that with built in storage?
    Big S probably has patent lawyers on retainer just for the swat box alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    10 Minutes off my time on a very short downhill makes no sense at all. I have been breaking PRs on every other ride all season and then try new speed sensor and I am off by 10 minutes on every segment?
    Pro-tip: all that electronic horseshit is *purely* for entertainment... not for any kind of accuracy. You're old enough to know this shit, are you not?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Pro-tip: all that electronic horseshit is *purely* for entertainment... not for any kind of accuracy. You're old enough to know this shit, are you not?
    I've been using strava and various GPS for years. I understand that it's only so accurate and down to several seconds, but 10 minutes off? That's not normal for a high end extremely well known and commonly used bike computer. (Wahoo Bolt)

I've been using strava and various GPS for years. I understand that it's only so accurate and down to several seconds, but 10 minutes off? That's not normal for a high end extremely well known and commonly used bike computer. (Wahoo Bolt)
    I wish you good fortune, sir, in trying to figure this out!

Something sounds off. It’s easy for it to screw up on gps but not easy for it to screw up time. Was the overall time correct? Do all the segment add up to the correct total?

As an aside, as has been mentioned here before, make sure it’s not set to metric time...

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Something sounds off. It’s easy for it to screw up on gps but not easy for it to screw up time. Was the overall time correct? Do all the segment add up to the correct total?

As an aside, as has been mentioned here before, make sure it’s not set to metric time...
    There are a lot of overlapping segments so it's hard to add it up that way, but this place is commonly ridden as two laps, which the segment claims is 9.76 miles total and my ride from today only came out to 9.05 miles. 0.7 of a mile discrepancy is pretty big on a really short ride.

In total it claims I was 30 minutes off. Somehow maybe the auto-pause function got fucked up so when stopped at the top of the climb relaxing/taking a leak/talking for a few minutes it was counting me a "moving". IDK.

I guess I just can't use the garmin stuff with the bolt which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Something sounds off. It’s easy for it to screw up on gps but not easy for it to screw up time.
    I was feeling all proud of myself yesterday for sending a super techy section in under 3 minutes. Still slow AF, the KOM is around 1 minute or so which is inconceivably fast given the terrain but there are some real beasts out there. Then I saw there was a new KOM from earlier that day. 15 seconds with an average speed of 64 mph. The GPS track looks spot on too, no weirdness at all. Not sure how dude slowed time but apparently it's possible to do the reverse of what Whiteroom_G is dealing with...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I was feeling all proud of myself yesterday for sending a super techy section in under 3 minutes. Still slow AF, the KOM is around 1 minute or so which is inconceivably fast given the terrain but there are some real beasts out there. Then I saw there was a new KOM from earlier that day. 15 seconds with an average speed of 64 mph. The GPS track looks spot on too, no weirdness at all. Not sure how dude slowed time but apparently it's possible to do the reverse of what Whiteroom_G is dealing with...
    Dude mounted his gps on a drone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

White room- don't sweat it too much. I remember when the realization set in that I was old and slow. You'll come to grips with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Dude mounted his gps on a drone
    Who would get joy out of that? It’s clear he didn’t ride 65mph, everyone would know it’s a fake time so I don’t get it....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Who would get joy out of that? It’s clear he didn’t ride 65mph, everyone would know it’s a fake time so I don’t get it....

And the shitty part is you can’t flag it without wiping out all the results of the whole segment.
    If you have a KOM and someone bests it’s by going 65mph and it does not get flagged automatically, you can request it to be flagged, but then Strava just erase all the recorded times (maybe the whole segment).

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Big S probably has patent lawyers on retainer just for the swat box alone.
    Evil empire I know....if only I could buy a replacement on backcountry or competitive cyclist....

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Evil empire I know....if only I could buy a replacement on backcountry or competitive cyclist....
    Maybe frame companies should just mark a rectangle dotted line on the top of the down tube saying “don’t cut here!” and then aftermarket companies could design and sell a swat box to go in there (of course the frame would have to be engineered to have this area cut out).

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    And the shitty part is you can’t flag it without wiping out all the results of the whole segment.
    If you have a KOM and someone bests it’s by going 65mph and it does not get flagged automatically, you can request it to be flagged, but then Strava just erase all the recorded times (maybe the whole segment).
    Actually, you can alert strava (not sure how). I once set about 5 road KOMs in town. I don't own a road bike and never ride roads. Apparently, I left strava on after my ride and it registered all these road segments as I drove home. Eventually, they disappeared. My guess would be that the rightful KOM owners contacted strava.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    White room- don't sweat it too much. I remember when the realization set in that I was old and slow. You'll come to grips with it.
    Just wait...

Look at your moving time vs total time. Possible you just stopped before the actual end of the segment. I like to make sure I'm well past it, and don't hang around at the start of them either if I'm caring about my time on that one.

You flag that person's ride, not the segment itself.

Also you can crop rides through the app now instead of just on the website, so if you accidentally drive with it running you can cut that part out.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Look at your moving time vs total time. Possible you just stopped before the actual end of the segment. I like to make sure I'm well past it, and don't hang around at the start of them either if I'm caring about my time on that one.
    You flag that person's ride, not the segment itself.
    Also you can crop rides through the app now instead of just on the website, so if you accidentally drive with it running you can cut that part out.
    I know how to crop and adjust rides. I misunderstood some components of flagging and segment deletions.
    I just read a bunch on the Strava forums about flagging. I went back and looked at the results and the KOMers on a specific local segment and I now realize the drama that happened on a local downhill.
    A local DH/shuttle brobra lost his KOM and flagged the new KOM rider. The new KOM was upheld so the DH brobra flagged the downhill segment as hazardous and the Strava nuked the whole segment. So everyones times were deleted.
    Apparently the DH brobra made a new segment (in the almost exact same start/finish) and set a new KOM. His KOM held for almost a year until someone else took the tittle, and since he was the creator of this segment he deleted the segment once he lost his KOM, so everyone lost all their times again.
    I just like to track my rides/millage, I'm no where near the top os any of the leaderboards. Just funny how some people get so worked up over an electronic time.

<snip> Just funny how some people get so worked up over an electronic time that isn't even accurate.
    Fixed!

A local DH/shuttle brobra lost his KOM and flagged the new KOM rider. The new KOM was upheld so the DH brobra flagged the downhill segment as hazardous and the Strava nuked the whole segment. So everyones times were deleted.
    Apparently the DH brobra made a new segment (in the almost exact same start/finish) and set a new KOM. His KOM held for almost a year until someone else took the tittle, and since he was the creator of this segment he deleted the segment once he lost his KOM, so everyone lost all their times again.
    Wow. That guy must be a real treat IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wow. That guy must be a real treat IRL.
    Out of 12 bike shops in the area, I know he is banned from at least 5 of them.

Out of 12 bike shops in the area, I know he is banned from at least 5 of them.
    The obvious solution is to create a new segment there and name it "DH Bro Brah is a douche"