Page 133 of 530 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 13248

Thread: Ask the experts

Maxxis Flyweight with 0.45mm wall thickness is 115g for 29x1.9/2.125
    Maxxis Ultralight with 0.60mm wall thickness is 155g for 29x1.9/2.125

I have found the flyweight too fragile to spend a year in pack/bage or taped to a frame. They easily develop wear holes, these shop up when I check all my gear in the spring. I have had better luck with the Ultralights. QBP also has a similar no-name brand light tube within 5-8 grams and -$3.00 to the Maxxis Ultralight. I cant think of it moniker off the top of my head.

But I am all Tubolito now! 29x1.5-2.5 is 85g. Reusable, folds back up super easily, patches if needed.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 01-19-2021 at 11:00 AM.

They are called:
    Q-Tubes super light tubes
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ask the experts

So me and 2 buddies have switched to Tubolitos, but none of us have used them yet. Anybody here used them, had good luck, any issues?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So me and 2 buddies have switched to Tubolitos, but none of us have used them yet. Anybody here used them, had good luck, any issues?
    Once in my 27.5 wheels that were set up tubeless. I cut the sidewall on a sharp shale type rock, 1" cut. Used a Park Tool Tire boot to cover the cut, put in the Tubolito, aired it up with a 16oz Co2, the tire seated well, and held perfectly.
    Once home I pulled out the Tubolito, hosed off the sealant on the the outside of the tube, pulled the valve core, rolled it back up perfectly tight, put the core back in, and taped it back onto my frame.
    5 star rating, would do it again.

the super lites might be a real weight saver in a fat bike ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Yes.
    I’ve been using the wheel locks for years. Super nice to have the matching key. They would be a lot harder to defeat than any cable. AND, most thieves will be caught off guard by their novelty and move on. They’re quick and easy and “clean” to put on (ie not reaching, crawling around mud to get on). So you’ll actually use them more.
    That said, get a 6-7’ long hardened chain. Ditch the cable. I can’t preach this enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, but it only locks the wheels. And I'm not a huge fan of that locking system. I use it to lock the rack to the hitch and you have to spin the thing off with the key in it. Not an issue unless you have the key on a keyring with other keys.

I still use a cable lock for the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the super lites might be a real weight saver in a fat bike ?
    Need a tubolito to fit my 27.5 X 4.5.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I've used mine a couple times after getting a pinch flat through the tire casing that the sealant couldn't seal. I aired it up pretty solid (~30 psi) and finished the ride both times with no problem. After I used it I just took out the valve core out then rolled the tube back up to use again.

What tubeless sealant is BLUE?
    Servicing a bike and it’s blue, owner does not know what brand it was?
    Nervous about adding (mixing in) Stans or Slime (only 2 I have on hand at home).
    Blue brand? Can I mix in Stans?

I have put orange with stans no problems

so many colors man
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Nervous about adding (mixing in) Stans or Slime (only 2 I have on hand at home).
    Schwalbe sold (sells?) rebranded Stan's that they dyed blue. Maybe it's that?

Homemade?

If I remember correctly, the online version (guitar Ted) uses wiper fluid, latex and glitter.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I had a Tubolito in my tool wrap on my bike for over a year, and when I finally got a chance to use it, it had 2 small splits on the crease where it was folded.
    That was a bummer, I was so stoked to use it, it was quite anti-climactic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sweet, keep me posted. Hopefully Pinkbike's long-term review of the E13 Helix isn't too far away, either.
    Well I've got one ride on the new Garbaruk 11s 10-48t, and I can say with certainty that it shifts just as well or better than the GX1150 that it replaced, and loads better than the Hope I had on for a couple hundred miles. Running the same GX derailleur and a newish Connex chain. No drops when backpedaling. Ordered it Dec. 20, and got it at zip 87544 a few days ago. Hope that helps. It looks like a piece of jewelry, and I hope it has decent longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Peaty's?

Deep Thoughts...

I wonder why Sram never tried coming out with a clipless pedal. (That I know of?)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Deep Thoughts...

I wonder why Sram never tried coming out with a clipless pedal. (That I know of?)
    Close but no cigar?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ukaDiAEDsjlAkn
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I’m thinking manufacturing cost/tooling would exceed what the market could bear, price wise.
    But I have no idea.

I'm imagining a SRAM vs SPD pedal debate along the lines of the great brake debates.......
    Shimano Guy: "My SPDs really lock me in with zero effort. Getting out of them is another issue..."

SRAM Guy: "Sure, SRAM pedals pre-release if you are too dumb to understand how they work, but they give such a better feel"

Shimano Guy: "But I can service my SPD pedals with a Q-Tip and Kerosene. And they only cost $20"

Sram Guy: "SRAM pedals are easy to service. Just buy the service tool, and make sure you use SRAM pedal grease at just the right temperature. And I don't think $340 is too much to spend for a great pedal"

Shimano Guy: "Does anyone know what crankset standard I need for my new bike to run with these SRAM pedals?"
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I'm imagining a SRAM vs SPD pedal debate along the lines of the great brake debates.......
    Shimano Guy: "My SPDs really lock me in with zero effort. Getting out of them is another issue..."

SRAM Guy: "Sure, SRAM pedals pre-release if you are too dumb to understand how they work, but they give such a better feel"

Shimano Guy: "But I can service my SPD pedals with a Q-Tip and Kerosene. And they only cost $20"

Sram Guy: "SRAM pedals are easy to service. Just buy the service tool, and make sure you use SRAM pedal grease at just the right temperature. And I don't think $340 is too much to spend for a great pedal"

Shimano Guy: "Does anyone know what crankset standard I need for my new bike to run with these SRAM pedals?"
    That'd only be accurate if 40% of the Shimano pedals inexplicably released at random times for no apparent reason, while the SRAM pedals had a consistent but somewhat shitty release all the time and gave you cancer if you touched them too much.

I think I need to qualify that I am in no way endorsing that Sram does this.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That'd only be accurate if 40% of the Shimano pedals inexplicably released at random times for no apparent reason, while the SRAM pedals had a consistent but somewhat shitty release all the time and gave you cancer if you touched them too much.
    Truth
    However many are in a shit ton.

Any have any experience with Revoloop tubes? Thinking of trying their fat tubes. Apologies if it's been discussed here, did a search..

Weren't a few people posting about fat bikes being unobtainable right now? The Bicycle Hangar in Missoula had a number of them on the floor last night. I was there for a different reason and didn't look too hard, but I assume they are Giant Yukons.

I have a bunch of Tubolito's I'd sell for $22 shipped. Mostly 27.5, maybe a few 29ers. I need to go through my box to see what I have.
    Thought I'd throw it out there if someone wanted to try, but didn't want to get $40 into a tube. PM me.

EDIT: 29ers gone. 27.5 left.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 01-21-2021 at 01:32 PM.