Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68
Results 1,676 to 1,691 of 1691

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Where to ride and or camp between SWMT and Eagle County, CO? I have to head to CO for some work stuff and trying to figure out where to ride and sleep on the way down. Preferably a place that isn't 9000* so western slope is probably out even though I love it there. (shit I might still go anyway). Leaving tomorrow afternoon or Saturday early AM.

Aspen area if I detour? Gotta be in Vail by about 10 or 11am on Sunday.
    Steamboat.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Steamboat.
    Duh.

Reccos for particular trails/loops? Dispersed camping aka FS roads?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Holes in a metal rim are normal. They're for venting the inner void in the rim when it's welded. If sealant is coming out there, it's because your rim tape is shot. If it stops leaking, that means the sealant took care of the gap in rim tape and I wouldn't mess with it.

If your sram brakes have a "bleeding edge" fitting at the caliper (Google this to see if you have it) you'll need a new fitting. If they don't have that, your old avid bleed kit is probably fine.
    Didn't know that about aluminum rims. Air sneaking past the tape makes sense.

I actually have a bleeding edge tool so it sounds like I might okay.

Thanks all!

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Didn't know that about aluminum rims. Air sneaking past the tape makes sense.

I actually have a bleeding edge tool so it sounds like I might okay.

Thanks all!

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much any welded metal on a bike will have those holes when the weld will seal off a compartment. Those little holes are pretty common to find on chainstays and seatstays as well.

Duh.

Reccos for particular trails/loops? Dispersed camping aka FS roads?
    Grouse, FOG, Spring Creek DH, Emerald Mountain, Fish Creek

Lots of dispersed camping north and west of town. Also, I believe, quite a bit south of town towards Yampa, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    This is true.

But itís also true that you canít cheat the laws of physics. New bikes are way more stable and have way more control at speed than old bikes do - but kinetic energy still equals 1/2 mass times velocity squared! You can only control so much of your mass, so you had better really control your velocity if you donít want to get fucked up!
    Yeah, you cannot cheat physics but sometimes it feels like you can! I landed on my front tire today and 5+ years ago I would have face planted into the dirt. Today I rode away clean and hit the next one much better.

As a side note I saw two kids launch backies off a large red bull jump today. The second tweaked his out and they both landed smooth as butter. Very impressive to see live.

Grouse, FOG, Spring Creek DH, Emerald Mountain, Fish Creek

Lots of dispersed camping north and west of town. Also, I believe, quite a bit south of town towards Yampa, etc.
    Plus Hinmans / Scottís run. See the Steamboat thread.

In general, are hydraulic disc calipers compatible with different levers, or are there weird manufacturer-specific considerations? (like can I take the brake unit from one brake and connect the tube to a different units lever?) and/or/also, can you use a brake designed for flat mount, like a SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic, and use it for a 160 or 180 rotor on a post mount frame?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    this is awesome, ty

Where to ride and or camp between SWMT and Eagle County, CO? I have to head to CO for some work stuff and trying to figure out where to ride and sleep on the way down. Preferably a place that isn't 9000* so western slope is probably out even though I love it there. (shit I might still go anyway). Leaving tomorrow afternoon or Saturday early AM.

Aspen area if I detour? Gotta be in Vail by about 10 or 11am on Sunday.
    Aspenís REAL busy still, but the riding is good.

Depending on how youíre coming south: if through Vernal (some rides there) you can drop south from Rangely and hit Fruita, GJ or Palisade riding before trucking East to Eagle. It will be hot but no altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heading down from Saratoga way. Way too hot to attempt western slope right now. Gonna try to sneak a ride in early tomorrow AM near Steamboat or somewhere in the evening near Summit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    <snip>
    Depending on how youíre coming south: if through Vernal (some rides there) you can drop south from Rangely and hit Fruita, GJ or Palisade

Heading down from Saratoga way. Way too hot to attempt western slope right now. Gonna try to sneak a ride in early tomorrow AM near Steamboat or somewhere in the evening near Summit.

Dude - do NOT go anywhere near Summit on a Saturday. You can thank me later.

Dude - do NOT go anywhere near Summit on a Saturday. You can thank me later.
    Literally have not stepped foot in Summit since I moved from there in 2010. Have to stop in for some work stuff. I assume the kook factor is all time now.

Literally have not stepped foot in Summit since I moved from there in 2010. Have to stop in for some work stuff. I assume the kook factor is all time now.

Ask fastfred - I don't go there any more.

Oh - and make SURE that you hit Lee's on the way from Summit to Eagle. I'd also recommend Pauly's.