Page 244 of 524 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 13088

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    . I used tge renthat grip glue, $7 a tube will do multiple pairs. I put them on both bikes and still lots left but not sure on shrlf life. Every order i throw in grips, brake pads , maybe a chsin etc

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    just don' t use hairspray cuz every time I rode them in the rain the grips would slip on the bar even 20 yrs later

plain alcohol or compressed air if you got a compressor
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ive gone back to thin push on grips and its made a big difference in forearm pump. Long downhills use to get scary near the end and not fun. No plaumying on the bike at all just survival. Glued on renthal push ons. Less than half the price of lock ons. No idea why i stayed with lock ons for so long. Ultra thin oakley bmx grips were my faves for years. Probably impossible to find those though

I've never had arm pump, which I put down to climbing. The tennis elbow seemed to come after hitting a basket of balls at the range for the 1st time in 4 years. I've changed grips lately that are thicker I'm thinking that may have aggravated it

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

must resist making penis joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    I've never had arm pump, which I put down to climbing. The tennis elbow seemed to come after hitting a basket of balls at the range for the 1st time in 4 years. I've changed grips lately that are thicker I'm thinking that may have aggravated it

Possible. I was piggybacking off xxxers reply to you but a friend just had surgery to his tennis elbow and they operated on the nerve at the wrist

On 2nd thought i think i need oury grips, long necks, ya oury's. Ultra longs......

Possible. I was piggybacking off xxxers reply to you but a friend just had surgery to his tennis elbow and they operated on the nerve at the wrist

That ^^ is possibly not tennis elbow?

Old goat to the courtesy phone

you either get tennis elbow which is pain on the outside of the elbow between elbow & wrist closer to elbow

or golfers elbow which is pain on the inside of elbow as I understand but have never experienced/ don't know much about

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    anyone else suffered tennis elbow and struggled to ride. mines murder

Get a Wave tool and work out the problem on your tendon. Climbers get tennis elbow a lot and this thing works like a charm.

https://wavetoolstherapy.com/

Ulnar nerve issue - different than tennis elbow (tendon issue)

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Ulnar nerve issue - different than tennis elbow (tendon issue)
    Copy that. I only play a dr on the interwebz

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just don' t use hairspray cuz every time I rode them in the rain the grips would slip on the bar even 20 yrs later
    Funny. I use(d) hairspray quite a bit with non lock ons and never had them slip... Mostly running lock ons now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I don't know what brand of hairspray but my ODI mushroom grips would start to slip as things got wet and stop slipping as things dried out

ERGO I suggest hairspray is a bad idea, in any case its the alcohol that slides them on the bar so i use alcohol, really the best way is to shoot compressed air into the grip as you slide them on

even the hair band BonJovi are sayin " slippery when wet " the band was hanging out at #5 Orange street in Vangroovy when they recorded that ^^ album, the stripper stage has or had a shower

Push ons are still thinner. A little bit goes a long way for comfort.
    How thin are you looking for? I just got done stretching an old road tube onto my nephew's bars to shim his grips out a little...guess you could just grab some XS non-lubricated next time you're at the gas station?

Anyone run ODI's a little bit past the end of the bars to increase effective bar length? With the supply shitshow we've got an old pair of those making longer bars for a minute on a spare bike and I'm a little curious how long that might be ok or if it needs to be swapped out ASAP.

https://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-...er-fit-condoms

Oh and btw don't use the lubricated brand

what glasses are the experts using for riding in and out of shadows? Seems the butcher up front is always throwing shit up so no glasses is not an option.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    what glasses are the experts using for riding in and out of shadows? Seems the butcher up front is always throwing shit up so no glasses is not an option.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Rout...asses/50432624

I have some shitty rockbros glasses from Amazon with photochromic lenses. They don't go particularly dark, but they work pretty well for fall riding.

I have a lowlight amber for my Smith Wildcats. VLT 65%. Work great for low light, enough tint to be acceptably comfortable in full sun.

https://www.smithoptics.com/en_US/su...53LEN0099.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I'm super picky about lenses not being too dark, think it was earlier in this thread I asked for opinions. I'd rather them be a bit too light in the sun vs too dark in the tree/shadows where in my case is when you have to be on it most.

My personal favorite is Smith's Chromapop Rose, the 2nd lense with many of their new offerings. Have about 6 weeks on a pair of Smith Ruckus w it and continues to be my favorite. Had many years on the previous non Chroma-pop iteration as well, can't say they're much different. Would also be interested in some of their Photochromatic, which I like skiing, but don't think they would handle in/out of shadows well.

I have the original Oakley Prizm Trail which are IMO too dark for shadows and anything tree cover, but YMMV bc a bunch of my east coast friends like them. The new Trail Fire (?) are supposedly even darker, which seems pretty ridiculous and mostly applicable to open SoCal and alpine trails. I am quite interested in the Oakley Low Light, but were harder to track down and have been happy w/ Smiths.

I don't love the generic safety glasses as I think the clarity of the good stuff Smith/Oakley is worth it unless you're really tough on your glasses. I tend to look for overstock/old-colors etc, got my latest Ruckus in this orange frame new for <$100 which will likely last 3+ seasons given past track record.

smith attack, photochromic, they're awesome for all around riding ime.

I have the Oakley Prizm trail and road lenses, but I got a deal and am liking the Julbo reactiv photchromatic a lot. I like 1-3 vs. 0-3 since I don’t need clear, (0).
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I have Smith ‘Ignitor’ lenses, 36% VLT. Great for sunny days in and out of woods. On heavily overcast days something a bit lighter would be a better.

For those with photochromic lenses, are they responding quickly enough if you’re in and out of the woods? Or if you we’re riding in the open and then the trail dives into the brush are you left struggling to see in the dark for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I have Smith ‘Ignitor’ lenses, 36% VLT. Great for sunny days in and out of woods. On heavily overcast days something a bit lighter would be a better.

For those with photochromic lenses, are they responding quickly enough if you’re in and out of the woods? Or if you we’re riding in the open and then the trail dives into the brush are you left struggling to see in the dark for a while?
    I never notice any lag or extreme variations with the Smith photochromic lenses, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

they are particularly bad in snow

it might depend on how old the teech is on your pair but they take awhile to change, I left a pair on the window sill behind the bug screen and the cross hatch of the screen showed up on the lense so I thot WTF eh ?

In what seemed like half a minute the pattern was gone and I realized what happened but the tinting DID change slow enough to notice

you can try this ^^ yourself if you want

Fall/winter mtb here in the PNW = cheap clear safety glasses. I rode this week with my smith rose lenses at 48% light and it was too dark in many spots even on a sunny day.

I'm not a fan of photochromic for biking due to the lag. Where you want it (going in and out of shadow / bright sun), it's never where you want it.

I have both Oakley Prizm (on Flight Jackets) and Smith ChromaPop (on Squad goggles) lenses and like both. The contrast is quite noticeable. Prizm Trail is very high contrast (makes some colors look funky), works great in daylight to overcast, but too dark for dusk riding. Prizm Low Light is very minor contrast that's a bit too light for direct sun but also too much tint for night riding. Smith Everyday Rose feels similar to Prizm Trail, but maybe a touch less contrast (more natural colors), works well in all sorts of daylight conditions, and is of course too dark for dusk / night. Contrast Rose Flash (older tint) is lighter and less contrast than Everyday Rose, but still unsuitable for dusk / night.

For night riding, I only wear clear lenses, and even they put a noticeable tint to everything. For dusk riding (where you don't need a light), Prizm Low Light works up until about half an hour before sunset, or if you go in a heavily shaded valley before then.

If I had to pick just one plus a clear lens, I'd probably go with Smith Everyday Rose. It's just a little more natural coloring than the Oakley Prizm Trail, but still offers good contrast. That said, the Oakley lenses do seem to be pretty scratch resistant, but I think that glasses lenses in general tend to be a bit tougher than goggle lenses.