Page 531 of 531 FirstFirst ... 526 527 528 529 530 531
Results 13,251 to 13,261 of 13261

Thread: Ask the experts

Well, I picked up a Revel Rail 27 frame yesterday for $350. Guess I need to build it up.
    Was kind of thinking a mullet build. I'm old and set in my XC ways, so it's going to be more of a screw around bike for me, so fun>crushing DH CRs. (And if I don't like it can repurpose a 29" fork for something else)
    So what's the best bang-for-the buck firesale endo-y 29" 160mm fork out there now?
    Seems like you can grab anything from $350-600.
    I'm pretty light (160lbs) /not going to go huge so it seems like the Zeb/Fox 38 are weight wasted for me.
    Mazzer for $500?
    The Zocchi Z1 coil or regular seems like the best bang for the buck?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

You all know my answer
    Mezzer, but get the Pro for $660. Well worth the extra buck-n-a-half
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Well, I picked up a Revel Rail 27 frame yesterday for $350. Guess I need to build it up.
    Was kind of thinking a mullet build. I'm old and set in my XC ways, so it's going to be more of a screw around bike for me, so fun>crushing DH CRs. (And if I don't like it can repurpose a 29" fork for something else)
    So what's the best bang-for-the buck firesale endo-y 29" 160mm fork out there now?
    I'm pretty light (160lbs) /not going to go huge so it seems like the Zeb/Fox 38 are weight wasted for me.
    Mazzer for $500?
    I've got a used-but-in-good-shape Fox 36 Factory that I'd sell for $350+ship. Currently set at 150mm, but you could get a 160 air shaft for cheap. It's orange, and therefore fast. It's either a model year 22 or 23 (can't remember, and I don't think Fox really changed anything between those years).

Quote Originally Posted by metalltrilogy View Post
    . Did a lever bleed, this got out a bunch of air bubbles but it still goes soft, I should probably just do a full bleed but was thinking about the system and wondering if a lever bleed works better when the lever is soft or when the system is pumped up...
    If you had done a full bleed when you already had the bike in the stand, all the tools out, your hands dripping with brake fluid which soon will be dripping on the floor again

you wouldn't be asking these questions or even thinking about it

but don't overthink it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Doubling Down (no pun intended) on my Maxxis Aggressor questions from the New Tires thread.

Do these run large or small?
    Would you recommend 2.3 or 2.5WT for a rear trailbike tire? (Matching to 2.6 Hellkat up front)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If you had done a full bleed when you already had the bike in the stand, all the tools out, your hands dripping with brake fluid which soon will be dripping on the floor again

you wouldn't be asking these questions or even thinking about it

but don't overthink it
    Yeah a full bleed fixed it, thought I ran outa time on the first round but having done it it was quick and easy. This has been a great intro to hydraulic brake maintenance if nothing else. Seems to be holding pressure and oil now, hopefully be able to get out this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Doubling Down (no pun intended) on my Maxxis Aggressor questions from the New Tires thread.

Do these run large or small?
    Would you recommend 2.3 or 2.5WT for a rear trailbike tire? (Matching to 2.6 Hellkat up front)
    I'd say they run true to size for a Maxxis (meaning that a 2.3 aggressor is comparable to a 2.3 DHR2). Last time I measured one (which was a while ago), a 2.3 Aggressor measured about 56-57mm at the widest points of the knobs. Casing was a bit smaller than that.

I think with a 2.6 hellkat up front, you'd probably want the 2.5 aggressor unless you were looking for a substantially smaller rear tire.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Mazzer for $500?
    That's a silly good score. I would take Toast up on his offer, but if that doesn't work a Lyrik would also work well as they're pretty bang/buck for the mid level models. Coming from XC background you're probably not gonna be adjusting rebound clicks between DH laps (speaking from experience here)

Mezzer - you should be able to find one for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by metalltrilogy View Post
    Yeah a full bleed fixed it, thought I ran outa time on the first round but having done it it was quick and easy. This has been a great intro to hydraulic brake maintenance if nothing else. Seems to be holding pressure and oil now, hopefully be able to get out this weekend!
    I ain't gona say I told you so

IME when I did a half ass job the customer is pissed when it broke again, the corporation is pissed cuz my stats look bad, it net took almost twice as long taking into consideration travel and general wanking around

but people seem to be into the half-ass
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    That's a silly good score. I would take Toast up on his offer, but if that doesn't work a Lyrik would also work well as they're pretty bang/buck for the mid level models. Coming from XC background you're probably not gonna be adjusting rebound clicks between DH laps (speaking from experience here)
    Found a used Zeb down the street from me for $200 so I grabbed it for now.

Does anyone have a 27.5 boost rear wheel they want to get rid of/trade for a 29" wheel/tires/etc.?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.