Page 365 of 521 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 13021

Thread: Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I hate Lezyne, but I do really like my CNC Travel floor pump. It’s life’s in the car for years. Zero issue, puts out as much air as my full sized floor pump. I’ve used it to fill my Airshot to 130psi without straining it.
    If it weren’t for inertia, I’d change out the chuck for something not threaded.
    Honestly, the fact that it lies flat makes it a better car pump than anything else hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This might be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    I have a Blackburn High Volume pump (presta only) with a huge (so big) pressure gauge. Seats tubeless tires well, only goes to 50 or so PSI. Got it at Jenson factory store in Corona discounted. Has a bottle opener and you can replace the handle with a handlebar if you're into that kinda thing. Favorite pump so far, lives in the boot.
    Does it have built in storage? Room for 2 water bottles? Full pass if it's press fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I hate Lezyne, but I do really like my CNC Travel floor pump. It’s life’s in the car for years. Zero issue, puts out as much air as my full sized floor pump. I’ve used it to fill my Airshot to 130psi without straining it.
    If it weren’t for inertia, I’d change out the chuck for something not threaded.
    Honestly, the fact that it lies flat makes it a better car pump than anything else hands down.

I have the Birzman version for the same duty. It works well in that role.

is 2023 zeb ultimate upgrades worth it for 600 bucks more than the outgoing zeb ultimate? the 2022 deals are really good right now.

For the record I use a 22pike 120 on the epic evo with just the charger 2 instead of the new 3, and I love it, but im wondering if the outgoing zeb felt the same way as the outgoing pike or had specific issues that were so annoying the new one makes a big difference
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Does anyone know definitively if these torque caps will work with boost centerlock hubs? I went through this last year, and determined no. However, the wording is ambiguous, at best.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79E45E4C-3703-4FC4-923B-8094EDBA95DC.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	628.8 KB 
ID:	428327
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yes those should work for 240 CLs.
    I ordered the DT 9102S (QBP HU1327) for the 15mm/CL 180s, and they worked great.

Sweet, thanks!

This shit is pretty good. Not sure about their 500mile claim but it lasts quite a while. Put it on a clean chain and reapply after a long time. Chain stays pretty much quiet and clean. 28cad. Ive used about 1/4 bottle in 2 yrs. Not sure where hou get it. I got it from some obscure distributor i cant rememberClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220930_182003.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	428350

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    This shit is pretty good. Not sure about their 500mile claim but it lasts quite a while. Put it on a clean chain and reapply after a long time. Chain stays pretty much quiet and clean. 28cad. Ive used about 1/4 bottle in 2 yrs. Not sure where hou get it. I got it from some obscure distributor i cant rememberClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220930_182003.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	428350

Sorry, but I’m skeptical about how good a lubricant that’s ~90% solvent can work…

I do believe it can stay clean, since there’s not much of anything left on the chain once the solvent evaporates. And since it stays clean, it could actually work better than a wet lube that just picks up dirt and turns into grinding paste. But I think it’s very unlikely to protect the chain from wear as well as a top wax lube.
    Last edited by J. Barron DeJong; 10-01-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    is 2023 zeb ultimate upgrades worth it for 600 bucks more than the outgoing zeb ultimate? the 2022 deals are really good right now.

For the record I use a 22pike 120 on the epic evo with just the charger 2 instead of the new 3, and I love it, but im wondering if the outgoing zeb felt the same way as the outgoing pike or had specific issues that were so annoying the new one makes a big difference

nvm. It’s all reverse compatible. So gonna snag one of the good deals
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

My cheap bottle cages I bought years ago aren't holding bottles as well as they used to. What's a good, relatively cheap bottle cage that doesn't mark up water bottles and holds well enough for mtb? I often use full 26oz bottles on rough trails which can cause ejections..

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Sorry, but I’m skeptical about how good a lubricant that’s ~90% solvent can work…

I do believe it can stay clean, since there’s not much of anything left on the chain once the solvent evaporates. And since it stays clean, it could actually work better than a wet lube that just picks up dirt and turns into grinding paste. But I think it’s very unlikely to protect the chain from wear as well as a top wax lube.
    Thsts entirely possible. I havent done any number crunching apart from less squeaking for more days. Works for me. One less thing to f around with

Ask the experts

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    nvm. It’s all reverse compatible. So gonna snag one of the good deals
    I thought I read that the new stuff is not reverse compatible? Like the buttercups, new air spring, and new damper won’t fit with previous forks?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    I thought I read that the new stuff is not reverse compatible? Like the buttercups, new air spring, and new damper won’t fit with previous forks?

That’s the case for the Pike and Lyrik, but the Zeb is compatible with the new guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    My cheap bottle cages I bought years ago aren't holding bottles as well as they used to. What's a good, relatively cheap bottle cage that doesn't mark up water bottles and holds well enough for mtb? I often use full 26oz bottles on rough trails which can cause ejections..
    I use Elite Cannibals on every bike. They hold 1liter bottles on the gnarliest trails I can find, bike park, etc, never had an ejection. Side load from both sides. Not the cheapest, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CC04A6D-686A-4288-B93C-3183C2B81B4D.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	974.3 KB 
ID:	428363

I'm 100% sold on Fidlock bottles. Light, easy, compact, and they've held on through all the tech and crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the Elite rec! $20 is fine, I just don't want to spend like $50 per cage. The Fidlock system looks cool but I ride in a lot of hot weather and like using insulated bottles

King Cage is the answer. Stainless Steel cages, $26, won’t drop bottles, made in Durango by riders, for riders.

Yup King Cage. Need a little more retention? Just bend it. They probably will mark up bottles eventually though.

King cage is a rad brand, I used their fork mounts for my CT trip, but the cages definitely mark up bottles quite a bit.

I'm definitely a big fan of the Elite cages. smoothest entry/exit and definitely don't mark up bottles.

I have the elite cannibal XC and really like it. Snug bottle hold, but can remove from the side. Works well in tight space on the revel rail

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I picked up a pile of random Yakima stuff, and these were in there. Can anyone tell me what these are? Each piece has a sliding part, to extend or shorten it. Only two roof edge looking clamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Lezyne Flow Cage SL: https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/...-sl-r-enhanced

Has left and right variants.

I like the King cages and have the stainless ones on my road and CX bikes but need a side loader on the MTBs.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Lezyne Flow Cage SL: https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/...-sl-r-enhanced

Has left and right variants.
    I use these also and they work great.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I use these also and they work great.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    3rd on these. Never lost a bottle.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.