New Salomon MTN explore 95 ski

It's probably buried somwhere in the forum, but some quick googling did't show me anything. Has the salomon MTN explore 95 changed anything (except for graphics) from last year?
    Same for the Atomic backland 95?
    Because they are there

AFAIK same as last year, but different from Backland 95 and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    AFAIK same as last year, but different from Backland 95 and always has been.
    OP is not saying the Backland 95 is the same as the MTN Explore 95.
    He is asking if the Explore 95 changed for the 2020.
    Also asking if the Backland 95 has changed for 2020.

The Sallys are definitely back unchanged. Not sure about the Backland.

I think the Mtn Exs are back unchanged, and they haven't been altered except for top sheets for years.

Great all round ski. I'd disagree with Blister's assessment regarding steep ice - too much sidecut for that. But otherwise a truly versatile and capable BC ski.

I had a pair of mtn explore 95, and i found that at speed, in hard snow, they were skill over the place.

In the same conditions my vwerks Katanas were much more stable.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, anyone skied both ski's (so backland 95 vs Explore 95)? Looking for a semi lightweight touring / side country ski for Europe
    Because they are there

My understanding was always that they've never been changed since the first model. Then I saw Cody claim in one of his FIFTY episodes that the tail on the new ones is stiffer than in the past, but it's unclear what past model he's comparing to. Could be comparing to a past proto and the production models have always been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dorfke View Post
    Thanks, anyone skied both ski's (so backland 95 vs Explore 95)? Looking for a semi lightweight touring / side country ski for Europe
    Both are excellent skis, the Atomic is more of a pure touring ski (trying to go head to head with Blizzard ZG 95 in the weight), MTN Explore 95 is a bit heavier, damper and probably more versatile if you plan to use it for "side country" lift skiing as well. I don't think either ski has changed since last season.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    My understanding was always that they've never been changed since the first model. Then I saw Cody claim in one of his FIFTY episodes that the tail on the new ones is stiffer than in the past, but it's unclear what past model he's comparing to. Could be comparing to a past proto and the production models have always been the same.
    Funny, this is the exact reason why I'm asking I also heard him say this, so was wondering at what point in time they changed it. Other reason is that the old model (17/18, so yes, two years old) is currently heavily discounted
    Because they are there

Quote Originally Posted by dorfke View Post
    Funny, this is the exact reason why I'm asking I also heard him say this, so was wondering at what point in time they changed it. Other reason is that the old model (17/18, so yes, two years old) is currently heavily discounted
    I don't think the MTN Explore 95 has changed since it's inception. The Backland 95 changed after the 2nd season to a lighter construction, HRZN tip, and skin notch.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So I later realized I was mistaken on this because I was given a pair of stiffer proto skis. Didn’t learn this till recently that there were protos that were made with a stiffer tail, so yeah, production seems unchanged from the past. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So I later realized I was mistaken on this because I was given a pair of stiffer proto skis. Didn’t learn this till recently that there were protos that were made with a stiffer tail, so yeah, production seems unchanged from the past. Whoops.
    Are the protos likely to make it to production? I love the MTN Explore 95, but some more stiffness would be interesting.