Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'll play --

Second generation 1080s ( the Blue ones ) from 1997 --

what are they(?) 78mm (underfoot ? )

my favorite memory of those skis was seeing the tips above Shane's head as he was flying machLooney down Sacajawea
    ( he'd been skiing 205s all season, and the 180(cms) were Just a little light )

their successor decendants - the Orange 85mm waisted 1080s - are still the most Fun I have had on a ski : I could go anywhere - Backwards. ( remember, "Switch to the road ! " )

discovered this Summer : a pair of 200cm Elan RC05s ; Tyrolia 360s. If the boot sole length fits. I have 'em 1979circa ;

we use to see a guy in February on a pair of 1960s era Nevadas on their original skis , and

John was skiing a pair of Atomic SLs from the '80s he had mounted with M4-15s ( name it ! ) Rotomats ( Franzi ! ) until I put him on a pair of Fisher RX8s :

when he came in, he was SO Excited : " I don't think I have ever had so much fun ! " John was eighty-four.

Good Times. thanks... tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I'll play --

Second generation 1080s ( the Blue ones ) from 1997 --

what are they(?) 78mm (underfoot ? )
    j
    I've got a pair of these that still see action. Not a bad fun ski that holds arcs reasonably well.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I got 2 pairs of the red 2011 hybrid Lotus 120's in a 184 and a 190, they are 3 S/N's apart so they feel very similar

2 pair of the same ski only get skied half as much and I don't need to take em out in the rocks so they will last a long time
    Ohhhh. 184s!
    Uno mas

There was a local guy daily-driving TNCs here for a few years recently.
    Eccentric old guy, no wife/family, always talked about moving back to Maine...eventually he asked me if I wanted his bike for parts, left the junker in front of my garage and I haven’t seen him since.

I was a little envious of his ability to just flounder around on ancient junk gear and be really stoked about it. He was that happy gaper who makes you feel jaded.

Hope he made it to Maine and wasn’t just getting ready to go kill himself in the woods or something.

Yeti. Your gonna love those pocket rockets.

Shout out to the super force nines.

Last shot Sally old school quiver. Super force 9 / Pocket rocket / 1080 .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have some Line Prophet 115s from 2010 and some 130s from 2009 that see snow early season.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    That quiver shot is $$$

Still rocking the first gen Scot Schmidt Stocklis from 04/5? lotta days on em, still make it out a few days a year

I get a few days each year on my LPs.

Still ski a beat to hell and back pair of OG Wrens every early and late season. Those skis will be around until they can’t be around.

Still run my old XXL's a few days a season. Not sure what year they are, maybe '08's. Got some LP105's now though (thanks SoooL!), so the XXL's might be retired.

I keep skis for a long time because selling them is so worthless and a lot of mine aren't rockered. I'd say my 08 Enforcers still get some use.
    I could really use a mid-80s ski for when it hasn't snowed in a while and my old Pipe Cleaners are kinda lame and the old bindings on them are super heavy. Maybe I'll swing by the used shop. Must be something. My dad left his Mythic Riders here and they're mint, but they're too short. 174?
    I guess I just don't buy/trade ski gear as much as I want. Fundage. We'll see what's left after taxes this season. My quiver could use a revamp. Or just something mid-80's to 90mm in 18X with frame touring bindings and skins. Probably wouldn't be worth the shipping though. Maybe a Missoula mag is holding on to something? Can be old, if not blown out.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This thread has potential and I’ll bump it in winter for sure.

Teton Village is filled with ROGs that rock 30 y/o skis many, many days per year.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

For me it was Dynastar's original race room Legend Pro 194 with the 90mm waist...then after they were retired the 186 Legend Pro with the tip protector. Wish they still made the same exact skis.

My oldest pair still in use are arguably young by this board's standards, but it'd be the Line 2009 anthems with the Octoland graphics. Such a great ski to have around in less-than-stellar conditions. Heavy, buttery, and able to lay down spring corn carves like none other.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

06 Gotama
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I have a pair of 1988ish Head skis that I used off and on until about 3 years ago when I finally got new skis. As far as mileage goes, though, I’m sure many of you have me beat. They only have maybe 5 seasons of every other weekend use.

1985s I think K2 812s. They are still a ton of fun. I probably take them out 3-5 times a year. I got them at a garage sale for $35 around ‘95 some time. They stopped being my main pair when I finally bought some XScreams around 2002 I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C526A89A-1DEE-499E-A222-CEF7B4914401.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	663.3 KB 
ID:	296827  

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    1985s I think K2 812s. They are still a ton of fun. I probably take them out 3-5 times a year
    I skied a pair of those and 710 FOs in to the ground from 82 through the 1990s. FOs died a lot faster than the 812s did. wood core>foam core for longevity. They're retired now.

These are still skiable. I try to take one retro pair out each spring.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

These are still skiable. I try to take one retro pair out each spring.
    Now that’s a fine pair of Olins
    You want big air kid? Pull my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Johnson View Post
    Now that’s a fine pair of Olins
    Those are a fine pair of Olin Mark IV Comps... however, lurking next to the Red the skis are the Hexcel Split tails. Which i test drove way back when at CB. Those are keepers.........

My the skis are yellow with Solomon 555 Equipes.........
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I keep skis for a long time because selling them is so worthless and a lot of mine aren't rockered. I'd say my 08 Enforcers still get some use.
    I could really use a mid-80s ski for when it hasn't snowed in a while and my old Pipe Cleaners are kinda lame and the old bindings on them are super heavy. Maybe I'll swing by the used shop. Must be something. My dad left his Mythic Riders here and they're mint, but they're too short. 174?
    I guess I just don't buy/trade ski gear as much as I want. Fundage. We'll see what's left after taxes this season. My quiver could use a revamp. Or just something mid-80's to 90mm in 18X with frame touring bindings and skins. Probably wouldn't be worth the shipping though. Maybe a Missoula mag is holding on to something? Can be old, if not blown out.
    Thrift shops are your friend - especially in mt.

I thought you wanted something From the '80s and was wracking my brain. . .
    'til I read frame binding and realized, 'no'

Go get 'em, Stuck. Be Safe, please...

March 20.
    Lost Trail with Big Lost --
    And some fat geezer : tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    1985s I think K2 812s. They are still a ton of fun. I probably take them out 3-5 times a year. I got them at a garage sale for $35 around ‘95 some time. They stopped being my main pair when I finally bought some XScreams around 2002 I think.
    X-Screams are The sh*t . skiJ

I have a bunch of old skis that don’t get any use. Don’t know why I keep them around. Just can’t seem to throw them out.

The oldest that actually get use are probably my 06 Sanouks and a pair of super Bro’s. Actually have a new undrilled pair of super Bro’s ready on standby in case something ever happens to the other pair. Which is not likely ever going happen.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

My wifee still skis her pocket rockets. Her vintage is the 1080 gun variation(final year). Loved hearing those Swiss kids yell off the lift to her "Zee chick has Zee GUNZ." Zermatt/Saas Fee honeymoon memories from 2009........

I still ride an old pair of K2 PE's a few days each season.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 10-08-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

2006 Volkl TigerShark 10 ft. and Atomic R:EX : Mostly still around from non-use.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix