Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is/was the highest mileage pair if skis still in active use?

OK, what's the pair you just can't bring yourself to remove from active rotation in the quiver in spite of age/ski days/mostly dead??

I still grab some Cabrawlers from time to time when I think I'll find myself in the bumps. Also, not talking about Retro Day... active quiver rotation ski.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I live in banff, in the ROCKY mountains, skis die fast here. 200 days TOPS, usually under 100 and its blown apart

190 volkl explosives is my hard snow, daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I live in banff, in the ROCKY mountains, skis die fast here. 200 days TOPS, usually under 100 and its blown apart

190 volkl explosives is my hard snow, daily driver
    So the Explosives have gone the longest without blowing apart?? False advertising!

Still riding 1st-year G3 Rapid Transits as my firm-day groomer-zoomers. They’re just about dead, but they’re so damn easy to ski I can’t give them up.

I still get a decent number of days per year on:
    - 2003/4 Head m103 183cm
    - 2003/4 Volant Spatula 186cm
    They still perform great.

Not as old, but way more beat-up are my 2007/8 K2 Hellbent 179cm. They still perform like new, because even brand new they were super-soft anyway.

I have plenty of older skis like Axioms, PowderPlus, etc.---but I ski only 1-2 days per year on those older ones.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

At one time in my life I had 4 pair of Rossignol Haute routes in different lengths ( Red rooters!!) ,they would be pushing 40 -45 years old now. Wish I could get a pair for some amusement.

First gen white Scott P4s, probably have over 400 days easy. They’ve lost all camber but still rail groomers. Still my most used ski

I still regularly rock a pair of 195 atomic tourcaps from the early 90's, although my zerog 95s are slowly taking their place. Those things have seen more decents of the SW chutes on Adams than I could possibly count. Too many good memories to bin them just yet.

I skied the bases off my wizard sploders. They ended up having maybe .5mm of ptex left. Paper thin.

And they never delaminated or exploded. False advertising indeed

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    First gen cham 87s.
    That's going to be a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    190 volkl explosives
    X2

Sent from the twilight zone

207 Rossi 4G's from back in 1989ish. Still skiin' 'em actively on hill days...but hill days only number less than a handful per season so dunno if that counts.

Name:  778970.png
Views: 852
Size:  485.2 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Rossi XXX from early 2000. More holes than Swiss cheese but a god dam fun ski to ski still! I try to get em out for a spin at least a couple times per year.

Oh no!!!
    I forgot. Djongo hooked me up with some pocket rockets last year, and I’m totally gonna ski those. They make my scott p4s seem much younger.

Exclamation

1997 Salomon Equipe with Prolink. Use ‘em whenever it gets icy! They still carve like a mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Oh no!!!
    I forgot. Djongo hooked me up with some pocket rockets last year, and I’m totally gonna ski those. They make my scott p4s seem much younger.
    ill-advised strategy
    Uno mas

I got 2 pairs of the red 2011 hybrid Lotus 120's in a 184 and a 190, they are 3 S/N's apart so they feel very similar

2 pair of the same ski only get skied half as much and I don't need to take em out in the rocks so they will last a long time
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My 1st Gen. Legend Pro riders have at least 400 days on them. They have a little camber left. Bought a pair of low mileage ones from TheFugitive 2 seasons ago, finally gonna mount clamps on them this Fall. They get maybe 10-20 days a season, depending on conditions. Skied them 100 days in a row one year.

Volkl Explosivs. I just came by 2 pair in 9.5/10 condition. Not the wizards, but the older yellow volkl classic skinetic looking topsheets. Fugi called dibs on the 190's...180's just hanging around. This, all courtesy of Harry in Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    207 Rossi 4G's from back in 1989ish. Still skiin' 'em actively on hill days...but hill days only number less than a handful per season so dunno if that counts.

Name:  778970.png
Views: 852
Size:  485.2 KB
    Pretty impressive considering what those skis are made of!
    Fixed a shit ton of those back in the day

I have some rossie s3’s and a pair of (last gen?) obsetheds. Neither saw a lot of use for the first few years I owned them, then I rode them for a while and now they are mostly rock skis. The obsetheds are still fun to play around on a bit

I've got some low mile Elan M999 and M777 both 192cms sitting at the back of a closet rarely used. Only skied the 999s once so far on the best powder day I've had here in NC. Drive up was super sketchy but had Beech practically all to myself most of that morning. The 777s (87 mm version) have seen a couple dozen days, excellent crud busters..

First generation (2014ish?) Salomon Rocker2s. I'll never get rid of these as my powder ski as long as they hold together.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Pretty impressive considering what those skis are made of!
    Fixed a shit ton of those back in the day
    Yeah, exactly. All those foam Rossi's back then exploded, but they sure were fun to ski when in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, exactly. All those foam Rossi's back then exploded, but they sure were fun to ski when in one piece.
    Yeah, they were a popular ski around these parts back in the day and iirc most of em either exploded or got bent.

Musta got lucky with my pair 'cause they're still holding camber and still make smashin' bumps feel pretty damn good.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 501
Size:  805.8 KB
    Master of mediocrity.