Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for thread about creepy person outside of restaurant

Maybe this is all just a fever dream but I seem to recall there being a thread where someone detailed a story where they were in the middle of rural nowhere, went to some bar or restaurant, ran into some weirdo outside who said to say hello to a particular waitress, and then when they went inside and told the waitress it caused the whole restaurant to freak out and go on lock down. Or is this some horror movie I watched while half asleep? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Yes! Thank you.

How bout the killer that jumped from behind a tree tale? When I was young, we stayed in Toronto occasionally to visit relatives. Ron was an avid car racing guy and built Formula Jr. cars for local circuits. It was just after dark and I volunteered to walk a neighbor kid home, 6 houses away. One house away from home guy jumps out from behind a tree holding a pistol & says; "you want me to kill you now or next time you walk by" Scared shitless and thinking quick I uttered "next time". Never saw a face or anything & he slipped back into darkness as we ran to her house. Parents didn't believe it so I go back to the garage where Ron, my Dad, some other guys are working on a car and tell them. One of the guys looks at me and says it was just a joke, didn't mean to scare the hell out of you and pulls a swig of beer. Just his idea of a prank but this was 1960 when you thought things were safe. Think that was the same visit I checked into the local Hobo camp under the rail overpass and had beans & crusty bread with those guys til my Mother, in a panic walked down there and showed her dis-approval. Ouch, leggo my ear!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Wow, good memory. I remembered it was a thing but never would have been able to find it.

Just don’t take a picture of her without permission
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Even if she’s fat?

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Even if she’s fat?
    Not that is was funny to begin with, but sheesh this getting lame. You people are obsessed.

Holy crap, what a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Holy crap, what a great story.
    my boy can spin a yarn

Holy shit that's creepy. We were just talking about that trip last weekend when I was up in the mountains visiting with a few of the fellas who were there.

All these years later it was still so bizarre thinking about how absolutely fucked up that entire night was.

I still miss that car too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Maybe this is all just a fever dream but I seem to recall there being a thread where someone detailed a story where they were in the middle of rural nowhere, went to some bar or restaurant, ran into some weirdo outside who said to say hello to a particular waitress, and then when they went inside and told the waitress it caused the whole restaurant to freak out and go on lock down. Or is this some horror movie I watched while half asleep? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.
    Nobody finds it creepy or odd that you're suddenly searching for a story posted 2 1/2 years ago?

Or that you, based on almost no information, were able to pull the 2 1/2 year old story up within 5 minutes?

Bunch a fucking idiot savant weirdos in here, I tell ya.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Way to live up to the hype WV. No offense ScottyB.
    I'm hurt

This was years ago but I'm told besides the BP station blowing up, not much else has changed.
    That whole area has changed. There's another way up, too, which according to the locals meant the Staties could start patrolling up there. They were on to something. My whole life, we only ever dealt with security lackies. Once the road connected, we started seeing actual cops.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Nobody finds it creepy or odd that you're suddenly searching for a story posted 2 1/2 years ago?

Or that you, based on almost no information, were able to pull the 2 1/2 year old story up within 5 minutes?

I'm pretty sure it's because the Gobbler is that memorable. I mean, he was able to lock down an entire restaurant full of people just by poking around for a bit 15 or some odd years after he did whatever he did to poor Tiffany. That's leaving your mark.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I'm hurt

That whole area has changed. There's another way up, too, which according to the locals meant the Staties could start patrolling up there. They were on to something. My whole life, we only ever dealt with security lackies. Once the road connected, we started seeing actual cops.
    Wonder if the increased police presence led to them finally catching him?

My guess is the new road just gave him another way in and out. I don't have much experience with them, but I got the impression shifty hill folk like the Gobbler can basically drift in and out of a holler like that like they're basically Kaiser Soze.

Bmills-> did you ever tell the story of the broken toilet chick in the lift line?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Bmills-> did you ever tell the story of the broken toilet chick in the lift line?
    I may have, but I'm not sure.

John was not the best looking guy but he was funny as hell and could charm the bibs off just about any girl in the lift line. Except this one, the next day.

Man, she was PISSED and hell-bent on letting all 200 people in the Western Express liftline, and most everyone sitting outside at the bar there next to it, know exactly what she thought of John's behavior and his porcelain-wrecking turds.

It was hilarious.

Let he among us who has not wrecked a toilet, cast the first turd.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Last year, amid serious struggles and management turnover at our little local ski hill, there was an important regional race.

It was a Thursday, people were showing up from all over the region to start training. Teams were setting practice courses and taking laps. It was more traffic than normal for a Thursday.

I arrived to see both lifts stationary, with skiers onboard. There had been a lot of serious breakdowns last season already at that point, so I wandered over to ask the lift ops if it made more sense to put my boots on or just wait it out. They'd lost power to the whole hill all at once, nobody knew wtf was going on, they were working on it.

So I took a seat on the chair at the loading area, and started bs'ing with the lifties to pass the time. People came over, the lifties tried to explain. I helped with PR.

Eventually a woman came over hot. She demanded to know exactly how long until the lift was running again. Nobody knows, we're working on it, there are options to offload the lift. The guys who would operate auxiliary power are working on diagnosing the problem right now, stand by.

She says "We've been here for 2 days and it's been nothing but problems!"
    we all grimace.
    "I'll tell you this much, Our race is never coming here again!"

Being a man of legendarily-poor impulse control, I hair-trigger grinned and blurted out "White People?"

She went away in disgust.

I mumbled to the lifties "you'll be back whitey"

It was good for a few months of breaking the tension with the lifties whenever it got busy. "look at all these lying white people everywhere"....
    "I knew they'd be back"

Bwaahaa!

Let he among us who has not wrecked a toilet, cast the first turd.
    There's a thread for that. And I imagine some here would suggest it have it's own forum. The Turd fighting forum?

The turd(s) were the last of a long line of poor decisions that were made upon the bedrock of a morally casual attitude and negotiable virtues that John engaged with this poor girl over the previous 24 hours.

It wasn't just the turds and everyone who bought a lift ticket that morning knew it.

Dirty sanchez?

I went looking for it in the "hall of fame" area - that's where I expected it to be.

The turd(s) were the last of a long line of poor decisions that were made upon the bedrock of a morally casual attitude and negotiable virtues that John engaged with this poor girl over the previous 24 hours.

It wasn't just the turds and everyone who bought a lift ticket that morning knew it.
    I love a good spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Dirty sanchez?
    Way worse.

The night before as John told us, during some awkward, and on John's part, experimental, love making that girl, apparently overcome with Bud Light and emotion, looks up at John and says, in a way that only a 21-year old girl from Miami University on a ski trip to West Virginia could, "I think I could love you."

John said it took a moment to process what he just heard and in order to kill the awful silence he replied back, "I think I could love you too".

That did not play well in the ski line the next morning.