Haibike Seat tube

I'm trying to install a longer dropper post on my haibike nduro.

It doesn't go down far enough in the seat post tube because of 3 dimples near the bottom of the seat tube, which prevent it from sliding down to the end

Wondering what they are the for and if i can file them down, which will give me another inch of room.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Im guessing its open at the bottom of that seat tube above where the shock goes through/under the seat tube? If so that is meant to prevent your seat post from sliding down into the shock and damaging it. People have filed them off if theyre able to make sure their seatpost wont slide down too far. If your seatpost has the cable that accuates the dropper at the collar with an external cable, pnw makes one with atleast 150mm drop and maybe more

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah, it's open at the bottom

Haibike Seat tube

Recently ended up with a OneUp dropper because of this issue. OneUp has shortest overall length relative to drop. Also can be internally adjusted to customize and get as much as possible out of it.

Also have found up to 15mm difference between saddle models, so that’s another way to squeeze out more drop.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

So someone ejumacate me here as to why a long travel dropper post is so important. I dislike droppers and just recently started using one because it came on the bike I got this year. It seems to me that there really isn't a great need to get the saddle too far out of the way so I feel like I'm missing the point of longer and longer travel dropper posts. I move it enough to let me move around the saddle, when I remember it's there, but more than that doesn't offer much benefit, at least to me. In fact when it's too low I feel like I can't use the saddle to help me know where the bike is in a deeply angulated turn. Maybe I'm not angulating deeply enough. I actually prefer a suspension post to a dropper on my hardtail.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Recently ended up with a OneUp dropper because of this issue. OneUp has shortest overall length relative to drop. Also can be internally adjusted to customize and get as much as possible out of it.

Also have found up to 15mm difference between saddle models, so that’s another way to squeeze out more drop.

Im not sure those bikes have a port for an internal actuated dropper(maybe they do). They come with a collar actuated post. Do you have one of the new updated one ups? Not sure what the update is but how is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So someone ejumacate me here as to why a long travel dropper post is so important. I dislike droppers and just recently started using one because it came on the bike I got this year. It seems to me that there really isn't a great need to get the saddle too far out of the way so I feel like I'm missing the point of longer and longer travel dropper posts. I move it enough to let me move around the saddle, when I remember it's there, but more than that doesn't offer much benefit, at least to me. In fact when it's too low I feel like I can't use the saddle to help me know where the bike is in a deeply angulated turn. Maybe I'm not angulating deeply enough. I actually prefer a suspension post to a dropper on my hardtail.
    Steeps and or long steeps i find it a life saver. My decoy has a 140 drop sdg post. That 15mm extra has taken some fear away on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It seems to me that there really isn't a great need to get the saddle too far out of the way so I feel like I'm missing the point of longer and longer travel dropper posts. .
    In a simplistic sense, It’s just a riding style thing. The harder you push in harder terrain, the more it’s nice to be able to separate the bike from the rider. Same way a good skier can allow their skis & legs to move around while their torso stays more centered. If that’s not your style, don’t sweat it. But keep in mind that if you were right about ideal riding position, downhill bikes would look a whole lot different.

That said, I can barely tolerate the effort needed to mount a bike without a dropped down saddle now. #firstworldproblems

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Do you have one of the new updated one ups? Not sure what the update is but how is it? TGR Forums mobile app
    New generation OneUp Dropper. I never saw the previous generation post in person. In theroy, they were more customizable in the internal height adjustment. In practice, I'm assuming the new ones are more reliable. They're adjustable in 10mm increments, though it does look like that could be modified.
    Objectively for me, the new model was reported to be a few mm shorter than the old model which helps a bit. It allowed us to put a 150mm post on mrsjm2e's bike when only a 125mm would fit using the BikeYoke Revive. That said, the Revive is like my Volvo and the OneUp is like a Subaru. Waaaaaaay less refined. Feels clunkier & takes noticeably more thumb pressure to activate. Not perfect. I ended up getting the Wolftooth ReMote Light Action, which helped a little.

New generation OneUp Dropper. I never saw the previous generation post in person. In theroy, they were more customizable in the internal height adjustment. In practice, I'm assuming the new ones are more reliable. They're adjustable in 10mm increments, though it does look like that could be modified.
    Objectively for me, the new model was reported to be a few mm shorter than the old model which helps a bit. It allowed us to put a 150mm post on mrsjm2e's bike when only a 125mm would fit using the BikeYoke Revive. That said, the Revive is like my Volvo and the OneUp is like a Subaru. Waaaaaaay less refined. Feels clunkier & takes noticeably more thumb pressure to activate. Not perfect. I ended up getting the Wolftooth ReMote Light Action, which helped a little.
    Good to know. Good weight on the one up too, i think. And then theres the revive. The 2 posts im considering. The new cheaper, lighter revive looks like a good option. Ill have time before i get one or the other so see how they hold up over the next few months

In a simplistic sense, It’s just a riding style thing. The harder you push in harder terrain, the more it’s nice to be able to separate the bike from the rider. Same way a good skier can allow their skis & legs to move around while their torso stays more centered. If that’s not your style, don’t sweat it. But keep in mind that if you were right about ideal riding position, downhill bikes would look a whole lot different.

That said, I can barely tolerate the effort needed to mount a bike without a dropped down saddle now. #firstworldproblems
    Yeah I surely didn't take full advantage of the DH bikes I've ridden. I think they were more bike than I am rider and I just couldn't put myself in the right place to ride them the way they need to be ridden. LOL yup to me that's the most important reason to have one.

My bike is made for externally routed dropper posts.
    I might be able to squeeze the cable at the bottom of the seat tube??

I've been filling the damn dimples for two days now. Not easy and still have more to do!

Oh shit. Can you pull the shock and hit those tabs with a dremel?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Oh shit. Can you pull the shock and hit those tabs with a dremel?

Not enough room from the bottom.
    I'll keep filling