WTB binding screws

OE (i.e. Wood, Pozi 3) Screws are difficult to source.

Looking for

~30 Marker Jester Demo heel plate screws and a front pair of FKS 155 heel plate screws (identical):

5.5mm x 12mm standard panhead (flat under the ~10mm dia head) pozi screws

1 FKS 155 toe plate screw:

5.5mm x 15mm "smallhead" screws (flathead machined to ~8mm dia)

I can make the smallhead screw if I need to, but Panhead screws have been a huge pain the the ass to source.

They look like this

I've actually bought shit skis with old bindings at thrift stores just to get parts, binding screws included..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I didn't go through all of their available sizes, but you might try Slidewright ...

https://www.slidewright.com/svst-alp...crews-10pk.php

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

SlideWright
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Slidewright's out of the small head ones for 900 toes..

I'll check my stash...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

#12 screws and end nippers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thanks for looking. At a minimum I'm hoping to finish out the set for the FKS 155s.

I do have a bunch of the slidewright panheads, but the head diameter is only 8mm. I use washers to make up the difference, but am nitpicky and want the full 10mm standard head size.

Most shops have cans/buckets full of random screws, if you go in with a 6 pack the shop guys will probably let you pick through to get what you need

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Most shops have cans/buckets full of random screws, if you go in with a 6 pack the shop guys will probably let you pick through to get what you need

bring me Pringles or chocolate and you can dig for whatever you need
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Small heads for Solly 900s: I should have at least 4 that would cover 2 toes, but IIRC they were on some low riser plates. If someone needs them PM me I will confirm and get them to you.

Also, making a few small heads isn't too bad: use a small piece of plastic tubing or a dowel with a hole drilled in it that you can thread the big head screw into. Now chuck it up in your electric drill, and buzz it on a grinder with the drill spinning -- you can uniformly narrow the head very quickly. Then chamfer the edges with just the drill and a file. I used to do this on a lathe and had a special arbor made just for it (damn why did I throw that away), but used the above method for some S900 toes last year and it worked great using what I had on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    Small heads for Solly 900s: I should have at least 4 that would cover 2 toes, but IIRC they were on some low riser plates. If someone needs them PM me I will confirm and get them to you.

Also, making a few small heads isn't too bad: use a small piece of plastic tubing or a dowel with a hole drilled in it that you can thread the big head screw into. Now chuck it up in your electric drill, and buzz it on a grinder with the drill spinning -- you can uniformly narrow the head very quickly. Then chamfer the edges with just the drill and a file. I used to do this on a lathe and had a special arbor made just for it (damn why did I throw that away), but used the above method for some S900 toes last year and it worked great using what I had on hand.
    Pretty well sums it up. I have plenty, but they came from skis with lift. Wanted to mount flat on bump skis. Easiest solution back when I had access to a real shop is to just grind the screws shorter. and mount flat. Not having a nice bench grinder and not wanting to juggle a drill grinder bit and screws I just found some trashed skis with 900s already flat at the local thrift, $5. They also had some brakes I'd been looking for.. DONE!

WTB binding screws

Cool, thanks. I traded beer for some screws earlier today, for the Pivots. I think G3 Ion Panhead screws from skimo.com might work for the Jester heel plates.

I like the drill/grinder/file method. I was just gonna use a dowel and eyeball it, but that's way better.

@Lucknau
    The mountain shop was pretty good for me the last time I needed a few.
    Slidewright 2nd.