Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ok, to be clear, there's two separate parts here: the arch, which is the bar part that sticks up and engages with the cleat (2 per side per pedal) and the spring (coiled thing in the pedal body.) You're talking about the arch, which is also what I mentioned. Toast and others mentioned the spring. Both could cause this problem.

Check both.
    All true. And for whatever it's worth, I've broken both. The spring breaking seems to be more common for me.

the new power grips for your flats, made from rare earths and such so they'll never let you down. no clicking sound = clipless

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ok, to be clear, there's two separate parts here: the arch, which is the bar part that sticks up and engages with the cleat (2 per side per pedal) and the spring (coiled thing in the pedal body.) You're talking about the arch, which is also what I mentioned. Toast and others mentioned the spring. Both could cause this problem.

Check both.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn't able to find any cracks in the torsion springs or arches. The arches are definitely nicked up, possibly bent but not in any way that's obvious to the naked eye. The arch on the side that is causing problems does seem to have more back and forth play than any of the other arches. Maybe it's a combination of play, minor bend, etc. It looks like my torsion springs lever into the body, not any sort of pin (unless you're talking about bending the tail of the spring?), so short of bending the arch I'm not sure if there's any remedy.

Remy rides Speciale 8s apparently so they'll probably perform acceptably for me.

I got MX4s and they’re fine. Don’t need adjustments. I weigh 170 and bike weighs 31 so what’s a few oz?

Been riding HT T1’s for a few months now & they’ve become my favorite pedal. https://www.bikemag.com/gear/compone...w-ht-t1-pedal/

Easy to clip in to, and a retention feel sorta in between Shimano and Crank bros. Generally good rep on the spinny bits longevity apparently.